National Anthem

The National Anthem thing in a second, but first a few words about the Steelers (my team) and the Packers (my friend Right Wing’s team)

The Steelers won their first two - haven’t done that in a while. Now if they can just get past the Ravens, which they always have trouble with. Big Ben looked good this week. Geez, I didn’t realize he was all of 34.

The Pack stumbled this week though. The talking heads are saying Rodgers is done. While I don’t disagree that he’s been off, especially this past Sunday, I think it’s much much too much early to be writing him off. He could easily catch fire in the weeks to come. I hope he does!

Now the National Anthem thing. It started with Colin Kaepernick.

A few words about that moron (that should be a hint about where I’m going with this).

Now I know appearances are not necessarily indicative of intelligence, political positions, etc. But often they are.

Kaepernick’s appearance USED TO BE RELATIVELY OK - minus the body tats. He kept his hair close cropped:

Length of hair has always been a big deal to me . . . admittedly no logic to it. Perhaps it stuck with me from my days in the Marine Corps. I have always kept it ultra-short. No doubt there are guys on here who keep their hair long, and are still conservative.

I have always dressed conservative, and I just don’t get it with the hip-hop attire:

And minus 100 IQ points for wearing a baseball cap BACKWARDS (except for catchers, of course):

But as soon as K did that National Anthem thing, the “do” was more in line with the hip-hop idiots he supposedly wanted to start a “dialog” about by drawing attention to his disrespect for the anthem and the flag:

Gotta’ hand it to him, he looks the part.

And before I get accused of being “racist”, take a look at this white guy:

I think he stands for the anthem, so as I said, length of hair is not necessarily an indicator of positions.

Now a lot of people view the anthem as just another song with no real meaning, and the flag as just a piece of cloth. Those people would say, “Geeezzz, Jamieson, why are you getting your shorts in such a twist over such a trivial matter?”

This is why:

I’m a vet (USMC - VietNam) and one of the things the anthem/flag stand for is all those who gave their lives and limbs from WWI to WWII to Korea to VietNam to Iraq to Afghanistan, etc. Disrespecting the anthem/flag is disrespecting those heroes.

This Kaepernick thing just pisses me off.

Have unarmed black people been shot by police? Sure. How many and how often? I have no idea, but my suspicion is not very many and not very often. But before the lefties jump on this, I’ll say that just ONE IS TOO MANY.

So I don’t disagree that it happens. BUT DISRESPECTING THE ANTHEM/FLAG IS THE WRONG VEHICLE FOR THIS.

I’m sure Al Sharpton would give K time on his MSNBC show (may have already . . . I don’t watch that crap).

While I am sure there are lots of folks who need to read what you wrote, the pic, brought tears to my eyes, there is a special place in my heart and life for the USMC: Operation Pegasus

So as the scumbag sits a USMC uses his hand to stand, what a powerful picture and message that sends.

This thread reminded me;
9-year-old cerebral palsy kid stand for national anthem.<div class=“lazyYT” data-youtube-id=“QJGwJSLDTpg” data-width=“480” data-height=“270” data-parameters=“feature=oembed&wmode=opaque”></div><div class=“lazyYT” data-youtube-id=“QJGwJSLDTpg” data-width=“480” data-height=“270” data-parameters=“feature=oembed&wmode=opaque”></div>

Long hair looks good. Everyone should have it! Dunno what your problem with that 52 fella is. And the number 7 fella’s problem ain’t his hair either :stuck_out_tongue:

Short hair looks good. Everyone should have it! ~smile~

NO problem with 52. Agree, 7’s hair is the least of his “problems” . . . just “looks” the part for him (to me, anyway . . . but then, I’m a short hair kinda’ guy).