National Archives Slaps ‘Harmful Content’ Warning On Constitution

National Archives Slaps ‘Harmful Content’ Warning On Constitution, All Other Founding Documents

The Federalist, Sep 8, 2021

MORE

National Archives Now Listing Constitution, Declaration of Independence With ‘Trigger Warning’

1 Like

This the left’s preparatory work to discredit and discard the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

I suppose that all of these board members who have come up with these warning went to college, and some them even studied history. If so, they obviously didn’t learn anything of value.

The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were radical documents when they appeared. Monarchs and despots were still ruling in virtually every country in the world. The idea that all White men, who owned property, would have a say in who their leadership would be was a radical concept in 1789. Yes, the Constitution, as it was first written, did not extend voting rights to women and people of color. In addition a Bill of Rights, the first ten amendments, were needed to keep excessive government power in check. As time went on, many of the inequities were addressed through the amendment process.

What the left wants now is something similar to the French Revolution. Instead of chopping off heads, they use Cancel Culture, the tax system and the courts to harass those who disagree with them into submission. In the end, this system is no different from the kings and oligarchies of old. This will ultimately degenerate into a dictatorship with police power to keep the people in line.

This is why I put the word “Progressives” in quotes. They are not “progressive” at all; they are “regressives” who want to go back to the days of one party rule and political strongmen.

1 Like

I don’t know if they’ll go that far, but it may be the groundwork for radically amending the Constitution, without limiting it to whatever the “harmful content” warnings pertained.

Literally anything the libs don’t agree with is automatically harmful. There is no such thing as opinions because their opinions are always correct.

2 Likes

Don’t stick your head in the sand @Fantasy_Chaser. They are going that far. It might not look like they are, but after they have packed the Supreme Court and lower courts with puppet justices and made elections into shames with ballet stuffing and voter fraud, the time will have come to take down the Declaration and the constitution and bury them in a vault.

1 Like

I’m not sticking my head in the sand. I’m just saying I don’t think they’re going to do away with them; instead, they’ll pervert them. Like they’re already doing (and with science as well).