National debt hits $19 trillion

The national debt hit $19 trillion for the first time ever on Friday, and came in at $19.012 trillion.
It took a little more than 13 months for the debt to climb by $1 trillion. The national debt hit $18 trillion on Dec. 15, 2014.

National debt hits $19 trillion | Washington Examiner

So this is supposed to be a good thing,right?

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/faq.html

THIS is the real story, the issue that can destroy America.
Will any candidate have the courage to take a cleaver to the budget and balance it, and withstand all the screaming and hate and anger that will result?

Yes if you vote for Rand Paul or Ben Carson. They are the only two to really speak about the debt, Rubio has touched on it as well.

As I stated early in this election process, my guess is Donald Trump would oversee the bankruptcy of America if he were somehow elected. I hope Iowa leads to some momentum for Rubio.

They have talked about the debt since I cast my first ballot in 1980 and its done nothing but go up. Talk is cheap. You say Rand Paul and Ben Carson are the only two to really speak about the debt - - I say, So What. I’ve heard it all for almost 40 years now.

But debt is good. It brings prosperity and wealth to all. Haven’t you all been paying attention around here the past couple of weeks? :wink: I can feel my wallet getting fatter by the second.

Not my wallet

LOL. That thread is something else. I have stayed out of it. There’s no arguing with that guy.

Mine either.

Then I must ask, “What’s in YOUR wallet?”

<-ducks & runs->

Not sure WHY you favor Rubio–other than a desire to see 12 million more Democrat voters created out of thin air.

I may be a Trump supporter, but I hate to see one mistake hung around a guy’s neck like a millstone. I like Rubio, and in fact, I must concede that of all our candidates he will have the easiest time beating Hillary so I would not be upset if he is nominated. So he screwed up at one point. Reagan screwed up a few times himself. Everyone gets a second chance.

I actually think that his previous screw-up along with all the fallout he has endured as a result, will, if anything, strengthen him more to not make the same mistake again. There’s nothing like learning a lesson the hard way.

Unless you’ve been asleep for the past year, you MUST know that Rubio is the RNC’s “fall-back” candidate in case Bush is rejected by voters–which he HAS been. Besides, my comment was directed towards shockedcanadian…not you. Frankly, I don’t much CARE what a “Trumpeter” thinks about Rubio–or any other candidate, for that matter. Rubio is in the RNC’s pocket as firmly as my new left knee implant.

[quote=“TerryOfromCA, post:10, topic:48189”]
I may be a Trump supporter, but I hate to see one mistake hung around a guy’s neck like a millstone. I like Rubio, and in fact, I must concede that of all our candidates he will have the easiest time beating Hillary so I would not be upset if he is nominated. So he screwed up at one point. Reagan screwed up a few times himself. Everyone gets a second chance.

I actually think that his previous screw-up along with all the fallout he has endured as a result, will, if anything, strengthen him more to not make the same mistake again. There’s nothing like learning a lesson the hard way.
[/quote]Considering all the dirt that has come out on Hillary the votes were virtually a tie. Then there were 90 precincts votes that mysteriously disappeared according to the DNC

Actually, it was a last-minute scramble, because it was SUPPOSED to go the other way around: Rubio’s votes to Jeb. Oopsie! But why quibble when the result is the same?

What gets me is that you’d think that the RNC’s jib would be up by now, so thoroughly outed as they were. Guess not - as a matter of fact, definitely not - 'cuz this is far from the only board where you’ll come across the ‘you must vote Republican no matter what’ meme.

Besides, my comment was directed towards shockedcanadian…not you. Frankly, I don’t much CARE what a “Trumpeter” thinks about Rubio–or any other candidate, for that matter. Rubio is in the RNC’s pocket as firmly as my new left knee implant.

Your knee implant is in the RNC’s pocket??!!! Eee-gads, that must be uncomfortable. (J/K!)

Yow! On re-reading, that comment didn’t come out as I intended for it to. :embarrese :awkward:

LOL. No sweat. I thought it came out rather funny!

It is really sad how some voters and activists totally ignore the staggering national debt our folks in Washington have created, not to mention the unfunded liabilities they have accumulated which is [COLOR=blue]estimated will be at “$127 trillion” by the year 2027.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Rep.David Brat rightfully sees this not only as a"fiscal issue", but as an ethical one as well when he notes:[/COLOR]

“When Congress and the administration pass the buck, they shift the burden to future generations, who will need to meet obligations imposed by others."

The question is, which candidate, regardless of political party affiliation, is not promoting the “status quo” when it comes to federal taxation and our existing notoriously evil money system which are the very tools being used to make our children and grandchildren indentured slaves to the profligate spending and tax policies of today’s Congress and President?

JWK

***[SIZE=4]
We are here today and gone tomorrow, but what is most important is what we do in between, and is what our children will inherit and remember us by.

[/SIZE]