National Memorial Day Concert.....BLECH!!!

I just watched the National Memorial Day Concert in D.C. It was AWFUL!!! I love Gary Sinise, Dennis Franz, and Joe Mantegna (native Chicagoans), but the music concert couldn’t have been more P.C. They had some “singers” who won awards on those stupid music contests on TV and they were TOTALLY AWFUL. There was some guy by the name of Russell who was a tenor, and he was wonderful. There was some other guy (HUGE guy) who was a C&W singer who wasn’t too bad, but the rest of them were straight out of a talent show for urban teens. They all sound the same–the women, mostly. They all wail like banshees. And with the exception of the National Anthem, I didn’t recognize a single song. I don’t get it. Then there was Colin Powell…what the heck is he doing on this??? I was really disappointed. Anyone else see it?

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:1, topic:39628”]
I just watched the National Memorial Day Concert in D.C. It was AWFUL!!! I love Gary Sinise, Dennis Franz, and Joe Mantegna (native Chicagoans), but the music concert couldn’t have been more P.C. They had some “singers” who won awards on those stupid music contests on TV and they were TOTALLY AWFUL. There was some guy by the name of Russell who was a tenor, and he was wonderful. There was some other guy (HUGE guy) who was a C&W singer who wasn’t too bad, but the rest of them were straight out of a talent show for urban teens. They all sound the same–the women, mostly. They all wail like banshees. And with the exception of the National Anthem, I didn’t recognize a single song. I don’t get it. Then there was Colin Powell…what the heck is he doing on this??? I was really disappointed. Anyone else see it?
[/quote]I didn’t even know about it. This day is just like every other Memorial Day that I have experienced. It rains. I did read some celebrations around the country were cancelled and I did not see anything done around here about it.

Maybe because he’s a veteran and the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?