New $25 Gun Tax Begins In Cook County

Buying a gun in Cook County officially became more expensive this week.

A new $25 tax on every gun purchased in the county took effect Monday as part of County Board President Toni Preckwinkle’s plan to pay for the violence she says crowds jails and drives up health care costs.

Source: [New $25 Gun Tax Begins In Cook County | NBC Chicago](http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/New-25-Gun-Tax-Begins-In-Cook-County-200856781.html#ixzz2PE2noLBQ<br /><br />I)
I am sure everyone knew this was coming.

Wait for it–fees that you have to pay each year for any guns you have

I just had a thought- Next the government will reguire ballistics on each gun that have to be registered so if your gun commits a crime----

That’s ok, I don’t own any guns.

I wont pay for my rights.

This is way lame. Now everyone’s just gonna go to Dupage or Kane county for their gun purchaces. Hell, people go to Dupage county now for flat screen TV’s or vacuum cleaners. The sales tax here is robbery.

Oh, goody, now none of the criminals in Cook County will be able to afford guns!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/SusannaHarriff/Smilies/sarcasm.gif

You live in a neat place, OSB. I wish I could live there in that liberal dream.

Solution: Compel the neighboring counties to increase their taxes!

I love this town. There are things about it I don’t like but it’s home.

I kinda love my state. I love my town. But there’s things about both I despise. I understand, but I could never live in Chicago.

I drove through there once – just once – got caught in a midnight traffic jam. I thought I was in the armpit of America. The I drove into Gary, Ind., and discovered the armpit of Chicago! I don’t know what the smell was, but holy…

If I sound mean and offensive, I could rip on Seattle, Portland and San Francisco for you! And it’s not just big city hate. I don’t mind LA at all, but I’d never want to live in that liberal Utopia either.

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:8, topic:38894”]
I kinda love my state. I love my town. But there’s things about both I despise. I understand, but I could never live in Chicago.

I drove through there once – just once – got caught in a midnight traffic jam. I thought I was in the armpit of America. The I drove into Gary, Ind., and discovered the armpit of Chicago! I don’t know what the smell was, but holy…
[/quote] Flint Michigan is the armpit of America. We have world class museums here, the best food anywhere, fantastic music venues(important for me) and yes lots of nice and quiet neighborhoods. I work around alot of the crook county sales tax by buying alot of major purchases online.

Flint, Mich., eh?

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:10, topic:38894”]
Flint, Mich., eh?
[/quote] Most depressing, run down craphole I’ve been through. Detroit is paradise compared to Flint.

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:11, topic:38894”]
Most depressing, run down craphole I’ve been through. Detroit is paradise compared to Flint.
[/quote]:coffee_spray:

Michael Moore is from Flint. It wins the arm pit award!

you must literally have never been outside chicago

[ATTACH]1813[/ATTACH]

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:14, topic:38894”]
you must literally have never been outside chicago
[/quote] Dude I’ve eaten from coast to coast and abroad. We have the best food. Besides our native foods, (Pizza, Chicago dogs, Italian beef and polish sausages) we have the best cuisine from evey country in the world. Our BBQ is even neck in neck with anything coming out of Texas or Memphis.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you are delusional

I like pie.

[ATTACH]1815[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1816[/ATTACH] Cant get Chicago pizza or Italian beef done right anywhere else. Until you’ve had Lou Malnati’s, Beggars or J.B. Alberto’s pizza, all you’ve had is tomato sauce on soggy crackers.

I’m more of a cake man.

I have to agree with you there. I always have to stop and the Museum of Science and Industry when I am there. I love that place! Chicago is a nice place to visit but to live in, I would have to pass. I just don’t like cities!