New Cruz Ad for NY Ties Trump to DEMS and Corruption


#1

This ad is sweet!! It is truthful and to the point (of course Trump will fire back with lies) Trump is a DEMOCRAT. He is corrupt and merely a siphon for Hillary.

New Ted Cruz Ad For New York Ties Donald Trump To Democrats And Corruption
Ted Cruz’s campaign, not a super PAC, has released an ad developed for the New York market. It ties Donald Trump to a number of significant Democrat politicians with corruption problems by showing how much money they have received from Trump in political contributions.

If you don’t have time to view the video, these are the high points

[LIST]
[]Trump handed over $41,000 to Eliot Spitzer, who made it all the way to the Governor’s Mansion before his relationship with a high-priced prostitute became public. And Trump gave almost $4500 to disgraced former Congressman Anthony Weiner who publicly tweeted lewd pictures of himself.
[
]Trump has no problem handing out cash to some of the most liberal politicians hailing from New York. He gave $64,000 to Andrew Cuomo, helped elect and re-elect New York mayor David Dinkins, and donated $8,900 to Chuck Schumer, one of the leading Senate Democrats advocating for amnesty and to put liberal justices on the Supreme Court.
[]Trump is a significant backer of the corrupt Democrat machine in New York, giving $138,000 to the party over several decades. Since 1999, Trump has personally contributed over $350,000 to New York candidates and committees, and at least an additional $50,000 through one of his businesses.
[
]Trump’s relationship with the Clintons goes back decades. In addition to inviting Bill and Hillary to his wedding, he has contributed to Hillary’s New York senate and presidential campaigns, and given at least $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation (though some reports have it closer to $250,000).
[*]He’s also given thousands of dollars to individuals with legal and ethical violations. Trump gave $56,000 to convicted felon Alan Hevesi who went to prison for a massive pay to play pension scandal. He contributed to a disgraced Queens assemblyman who stole $90,000 from a little league association. And he donated to Sheldon Silver, a former Speaker of the New York State Assembly who is facing 130 years in prison for a corruption.
[/LIST]
As I noted earlier today, the real objective for Cruz in New York is not necessarily to win, though that would be sweet indeed, but to keep Trump from winning 50%+ at the state and congressional district level. This ad may very well move the needle enough to accomplish that goal.

link to video: New Ted Cruz Ad For New York Ties Donald Trump To Democrats And Corruption | RedState


#2

I am sure he has given just as much to corrupt Republicans as well. Trump gave them money for favors. Nothing no other prominent businessmen haven’t done. I do not fault him for playing the “game” on has to, especially,if on wants to thrive in the cesspool of Democrats.

Trumps past actions do give me pause for concern but that concern does not outweigh the need to make sure Bernie or Hilary do not end up in the White House.


#3

Of the 3/4 million Trump has donated to federal politicians since 2005, 80% has gone to Republican’ts. But Lying Ted won’t tell you that.
He is such a pawn. Only an idiot would think that, given the way Congress feels about Cruz, he can justify spending millions in donated money against Trump, expecting the GOP elites to support him when he is done. They’ll toss him like a salad.
The RNC is so corrupt, that just the fact that they are behind Cruz at this point, means I cannot trust Cruz. I have been saying that he is just another lying, go along to get along career politician with the system so ingrained in him, he doesn’t even realize he’s being played like a fiddle. And it turns out I was right.


#4

MORE, nonsense, Tiny1??? Where is a scintillum of truth to what you just posted about Cruz? The elites despise him almost as much as they despise Trump. He’s the ONLY GOP Senator to do PRECISELY what he said he’d do to get elected–and, in the process, showed the elites for what they really are–closeted Democrats. He even called McConnell out on the floor of the Senate–which ticked off the elites no end. McConnell is the sort who carries a grudge and NOTHING Cruz tried to do after that incident was even CONSIDERED by the GOP Senate “leadership.” As President, he’ll have the bully pulpit to FORCE what he wants done–just like Reagan was able to do…and no, I am NOT comparing Cruz to Reagan.


#5

The “Republicans” Trump donated to were, for the most part, just as Left Wing as the Democrats; Trump has been quite consistent with what he supports with his money.

Trump supporters like having it both ways, on the one hand they demonize Cruz because some in the Establishment have offered tepid endorsements; that makes him an “Insider who can’t be trusted”.

On the other hand, Trumps contributions to the Republican Party in recent years is “proof” that he is a reformed soul who truly has “evolved” into a trustworthy leader for America.

Cruz gets some unsolicited endorsements from an entity that is SO EVIL that their mere nod is worthy of characterizing Cruz as a “Bought and paid for Establishment insider” but Trump actually deciding to kick tens of thousands of dollars to the very worst of these Establishment hacks is evidence of chivalry.

This is too easy.


#6

Good Lord, have mercy.
Dave, Cruz will not be President. The elites will NEVER let that happen. Trump probably won’t either. 2cent posted at the beginning of this cycle, how the eGOP was “fixing” the election. They have been doing this all along. The problem is, Trump didn’t get the memo. SO, when it started to look like he’d make 1237, they began to assist Cruz. They are banking that Cruz will stop Trump from getting 1237, and force a contested convention. THEN, those who hate Cruz, will betray Cruz, and install their own patsy, so they can control gooberment and increase their wealth and power. They don’t care about you, and they don’t care about me, either. This is all about power and money. Trump, stands to disrupt that endeavor. I have my doubts about Cruz.
He can’t force anything, even if he wins. Like you said, he’s been able to get nothing done. They’ll use him to stop Trump, and s***can him.
If you’ve been asleep the past few months, let me clue you. They don’t want Trump, and they don’t want Cruz.


#7

Yeah, collectively bashing people because of who they choose to vote for, is truly easy.
Of course the Republican’ts he contributed to were lefties. They are the ones in power. Boehner, McConnell, Grahamnesty, etc. He greased the wheels of business, like CEOs do. He didn’t do it because he liked their policies, he did it to get his projects done. You are quick enough to grasp this, so why do you act like you don’t?
I don’t ignore Trumps shortcomings, I understand them. I forgive people until they show me lack of repentance. I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Yes, 4 billionaire families are financing Cruz’s campaign. I prefer Trump because he has been no part of this corrupt Gooberment, or the lobbyists who control it. Cruz is my second choice. But he IS a lawyer, and I never fully trust a lawyer.
I always thought you were better than this. Man, I am truly disappointed.


#8

Sounds great to me, short of Bernie Sanders who would fault anyone for success and supporting candidates that embrace what they believe in?

Trump is a billionaire Liberal who used his success to help finance Liberal politicians in both Party’s, I see nothing wrong with that either but I certainly won’t vote for him because I am not a supporter of the Establishment Left.

Trump has financed the campaigns of the absolute worst in government as a lobbyist, he not only has been “a part” in this he was the sole driver of these actions.

So, Lawyers bad, successful people bad (except trump), financial institutions bad and getting unsolicited endorsements from Establishment Republicans is bad also (unless they endorse Trump).

Great argument.

It doesn’t get any better than my analysis of Trump, I gave this man the benefit of the doubt and went to great lengths making sure that every plausible explanation for his history and actions in this campaign was included as a response to every thread that was started to criticize Trump.

It was Trump himself who went to great lengths in order to convince me that he is unfit to lead any nation of free people; and you will never hear me offering tripe like “all East Coast rich people are scum” as my proof to back up my assertions.


#9

This sounds like something Trump would say :banana:


#10

RET423

> Sounds great to me, short of Bernie Sanders who would fault anyone for success and supporting candidates that embrace what they believe in?
>
> Trump is a billionaire Liberal who used his success to help finance Liberal politicians in both Party’s, I see nothing wrong with that either but I certainly won’t for him because I am not a supporter of the Establishment Left.

Cruz is part of the current problem, not a solution. You won’t admit it but he is a liar. They all are. Look, if you don’t want to vote for Trump, don’t. Go ahead and keep the status quo. Just do not be surprised when the RNC screws your boy, too.

> Trump has financed the campaigns of the absolute worst in government as a lobbyist, he not only has been “a part” in this he was the sole driver of these actions.

Trump has made legal contributions to Dems and Pubs. He never financed a campaign. From 1989 to present, he’s contributed 961,000. More to Republican’t than to Democrats. But you probably already know this.
Cruz, has taken 36 million from his 4 top donors. Trump admitted he gave to get favors. Only a fool would think Cruz’s donors will contribute 36 times Trump’s amount, and expect nothing. But, believe whatever you want. I am not attacking you for your choice, I am merely pointing out that you castigate citizens, for who they choose to support. That is, of course, your right but it commands no respect.

> So, Lawyers bad, successful people bad (except trump), financial institutions bad and getting unsolicited endorsements from Establishment Republicans is bad also (unless they endorse Trump).

Oh, boy, the idiocy of this post. C’mon man, you are not dealing with an idiot. Trump has his negatives. So does Lying Ted. I admit the truth, RET. Yes, Trump may not be a conservative, but then neither are the majority of Congressional Republican’ts. I see Trump as what he is, a businessman. Politicians have screwed you and me for decades. They have put us 100 trillion is debt for the future. And you wish to continue this trend. If you are looking for Cruz to make any dent in that debt, you are dreaming. He’s part of the big gooberment system, meaning he says what is expedient, and does what his donors and handlers tell him. Couple that with the fact that he is forcing a brokered convention, which may bite him in the ass when his opponents in the RNC screw him and Trump, we now get to have the status quo continued. Great argument, RET.
Lawyers are bad, when they become politicians. No, successful people are not bad, just like Cruz supporters are not bad. But successful people want something for their investment.

> It doesn’t get any better than my analysis of Trump, I gave this man the benefit of the doubt and went to great lengths making sure that every plausible explanation for his history and actions in this campaign was included as a response to every thread that was started to criticize Trump.

Your analysis of Trump is your opinion. I simply do not agree. Sue me. But. my issue is your castigation of others, because they don’t think like you. It is fine to hate Trump, and to hold deep convictions, but it is a shame you turn on people so easily.

> It was Trump himself who went to great lengths in order to convince me that he is unfit to lead any nation of free people; and you will never hear me offering tripe like “all East Coast rich people are scum” as my proof to back up my assertions.
> OK, vote your own way.

I never said anyone was scum. Boy, you sure embrace twisting people’s words. I gave my reasons for my support, and you disagree. But, I don’t twist your words from, “They expect something for their money”, to “East Coast rich people are scum”. As I previously said, I am disappointed. I expected a spirited debate, not a falsifying of my position. And with that, I am done. Say, do, Think whatever you want. I never tried to change your mind, I just stated my reasons/positions.
Oh, believe me, I will vote my own way, and you should feel free to vote yours. But, implying and calling people stupid when they disagree with you, SHOULD be beneath you.


#11

True, but I say that stuff after I deliver the goods.

To be exactly like Trump I would have to say
" I am going to analyze that and it’s going to be terrific, it’s going to be a greater analysis than any you have ever heard, you are going to love it so much, you won’t believe how much you are going to love my analysis because it is so great, people everywhere are saying how great my analysis will be because it is so terrific.

That is not exactly right because I used punctuation and Trump does not, but it is close.


#12

That is a statement, not an argument.

You are the one who won’t admit that your only motivation for pushing this narrative is to try and make your candidate appear less despicable by bringing down all the others with generic and indefensible generalizations.

  1. I won’t vote for Trump
  2. Trump is the status quo
  3. I fully expect the RNC to try and screw every Constitutional Conservative that comes along, not just Cruz.

I never said what he did was “illegal”, in fact I specifically said there was nothing wrong with using his money this way.

My comment was to show the absolute consistency of what ideology Trump has always supported in both Party’s, but if your claim that these contributions were not to finance campaigns then Trump has committed a felony; do you have any proof of that?

Of course I know that, that is why I keep screaming it from the rooftops.

Trump has been absolutely non partisan in his support for the Extreme Left, he gives his money to every faithful soldier in the cause of tyrannical government without regard to political affiliation. In recent years the GOP have been the leaders in the fight to kill the Constitution and establish Communism so it makes perfect sense that Trump would shift his support more heavily to the GOP guys.

Then Cruz has committed a felony and belongs behind bars, the maximum contribution any individual donor can make currently is $2700; that means any “4 donors” can only contribute a total of $10,800.

If you have proof that Cruz has committed this crime that you have accused both him and his donors of committing I would like to see it.

Trump “said” that, he did not “admit” that; and he “said” it in the context that would harm his immediate opponent and NOT a desire to come clean about anything. Trump is about only Trump and Trump says whatever he thinks will give him an advantage in the moment, if he must say the opposite in the next moment he has no problem with that.

Who claimed that?

I expect every candidate that gets a contribution from me to honor the promises that they made while seeking my support, if they manage to win of course. I would assume that every Cruz donor expects the same.

Only a fool would donate to a politician who they had no confidence in regarding what they would do with the position if they win the election.

Obviously I “believe whatever I want” as do you, the difference is that I respond to the arguments you actually offer and you only respond to the arguments that you wish I had made.

  1. Banks are not the bad guys
  2. Lawyers are no better or worse than every other fallen member of the human race.
  3. Every politician is not a “Liar”
  4. Every incorrect word is not a “lie”
  5. Most people donate to causes they believe in, not to change the agenda of the causes they donate to.
  6. Success and wealth is not evidence of wisdom on any subject, especially subjects that are in no way similar to the arena where the success and wealth were acquired.
  7. Having wealth is in no way an insulator from temptations to compromise, the opposite is actually true.

I argue against that which I oppose and for that which I support; I also defend the character of those who have earned such respect whether I support them in any specific thing or not.

If that is what you mean by “castigate” then I accept the charge.

Respect comes after the veracity of someones words is proved, I play the long game and I always have.

I will eagerly await the evidence that my synopsis is “idiotic”.

Okay,…I guess you showed me…

Trump is not a Conservative as you say, if you had concluded that statement on it’s obvious trajectory you would have then said ***“Trump is most likely a Liberal/Populist if the evidence is to be our guide”


Being a “Businessman” is a non sequitur since businessmen exist who embrace a wide variety of political ideologies, but most of the very top tier are flaming lefties.

No they have not, individuals and political parties have “srewed me” on occasion by claiming one set of ideas to get my support and then embracing the opposite when they win.

“Politicians” in general have done nothing to me, many have fought valiantly for my interests and the interest of the Country that I am trying to restore for the future; I have nothing but contempt for intellectually offensive mantras like “THROW THE BUMS OUT”.

Such vacant generalizations are only fit for barrooms.

“Politicians” have done no such thing, the Voters choosing politicians who would spend more than they collected in taxes is who created the debt; the “politicians” just did what they were told.

Cruz is a “Politician” who promised to fight this trend and kept that promise in spades, you can try to lump him in with those who promised to spend without discretion or who promised to fight the trend then did not if you wish but that dog won’t hunt.

If Ted Cruz wins the White House that debt trend will cease and the process of moving toward a more fiscally responsible spending trajectory will begin, as to whether or not the Voters will decide to stay the new course for long enough to make a big difference is debatable but the integrity of Cruz is not.

That is a statement that you make repeatedly, what you don’t ever include in that statement is an argument that would support it.

“Couple” what?
Your former unsubstantiated statement with this unsubstantiated statement?

The idea that we should all vote for a candidate who draws a moral equivalency between Israel and Hamas, who holds three different opinions on abortion in 3 days time, who declares that he can and will “make deals” with this apostate Congress and who criticizes Cruz for not being liked by them, who wants to destroy our economy with Tariffs, who has the communication skills of a 3rd grade bully who runs away from any real challenge and holds fine men in the same contempt as he holds the likes of Rosie O’Donnell…Just to avoid a convention fight?

Given those options I will take my chances with the fight every time.

I know, I have been on a roll lately.

That is patently false, men choose their course regarding how much value they will place on their integrity long before they finish Law School and long before they run for political office.

Political positions reveal a mans character, they do not create a mans character; that is why a Cruz Presidency should scare nobody and a Trump Presidency should scare the hell of everybody.

No, successful people invest in things that they support and that will perpetuate their goals just like poor people do.

You keep trying to portray “Politicians” as a blank slate waiting to be painted by a donors brush, while that scenario does exist at times it is nowhere near the norm even in the Democrat Party; these guys pursue an agenda and “donors” choose their horse based on those agendas.

The truth condemns Trump since he was the one “choosing all the wrong horses” in both Party’s, Cruz has a stellar record. All that is revealed by Cruz’s donor list is a list of men who think we need a fearless Constitutional Conservative in the White House if America is to have a future.

I admire the names on that Cruz list, I would buy them a steak if they were in my neck of the woods.
The names on the list of who Trump gave money to scare the hell out of me, I would hide all the women and children if they came to my town.

Yes it is, but that makes it no less correct and substantive.

My intent is not to get you to agree, my intent is to get the broader and more plausible perspective about this race into the discussion to combat all the fear mongering narratives and to stand up for the character of a man who has earned that defense from everyone who honors integrity.

I argue with those I disagree with, I “Castigate” those who slander the character of good men to advance the political careers of despicable men.

I would like to see the word count of my offerings of substantive defenses for Donald Trump over the last year, I would bet that any accounting of those words would destroy any suggestion that I have taken the “easy” path to my rejection of his candidacy.

If you are referring to the speed at which I condemned those who threw Cruz’s well earned integrity into the cesspool the moment Trump saw him as a threat then I agree, in fact I would be ashamed of myself if there was any noticeable delay between the first claim that “Cruz is a bought and paid for Liar” and my first rebuke with both barrels.

There are lines that people who value integrity do not cross, if that line becomes blurry then I will repaint it quickly and I won’t apologize for doing so.

You used generic, blanket criticisms to condemn a specific man, that was my analogy and it is spot on; nothing was “twisted” by me regarding your argument.

You have repeated without shame that “Cruz is a bought and paid for Liar” and when you are challenged to substantiate that with some examples of Cruz violating his campaign promises you insert
"He is a politician" or
"He is an Attorney" or
"He has some endorsements from the Establishment" or
"He gets contributions from the financial sector" or
"He is supported by Big Oil"
As if ANY of that would be sufficient to condemn ANYONE; much less a man who has earned the respect that Cruz has.

Prove that statement if you can.

I always do and I never wait for permission.

Our issue never had anything to do with who you support, our issue has always been your resentment of my admonishment of EVERYONE who has been willing to slander a good man without cause based on the marching orders of a degenerate like Donald Trump.

I did not say “stupid”, you have used the term “Idiotic” with me but I have always ascribed the motive of malice with forethought to Trump supporters who have slandered Cruz.

In other words, I know you know better; none of what you said about Cruz’s character can be excused by “stupidity” and I have never suggested otherwise.


#13

Ret423, I think you just won the internet.


#14

And this is evidence of exactly what? That New York Politics is corrupt. Donald Trump does business in New York and needs to grease the skids from time to time to get things done. Do you really think there are any New York voters who didn’t already know this? I would guess their reaction to be a big collective yawn. Ted wasted some money in this ad.