NEW Most Ridiculous Lawsuit of the Month Poll--December 2010

****Most Ridiculous Lawsuit ****of the Month Poll

Last month saw some pretty crazy lawsuits. Which one do you think was the most ridiculous?

December 2010

Diners sue restaurant over ‘exploding’ escargot (Read Story)

Restaurant sued for failing to offer artichoke-eating instructions (Read Story)

Man injured opening stubborn fruit jar lid sues grocer and fruit company (Read Story)

Drug dealer Rick Ross sues rapper Rick Ross, claiming name is trademarked (Read Story)

Traffic cop who admitted driving recklessly sues city for $2 million (Read Story)

http://facesoflawsuitabuse.org/poll/

So many idiocies, so hard to choose! I think the artichoke eating instructions tops the stupid chart.

I’ll go with that one also. Who doesn’t know how to artichokes? :howler:

I wonder if he swallowed it whole?

[quote=“Susanna, post:2, topic:28584”]
So many idiocies, so hard to choose! I think the artichoke eating instructions tops the stupid chart.
[/quote]I do not believe I ever had an artichoke. I was reading how to prepare them and eat them and it was pointed out that artichoke is used with dip and since I do not like dips…

You will forgive me for making the assumption that you know in order to eat a lobster it needs to be dead cooked and out of the shell. I cannot make that assumption about the gentleman who ate the artichoke.

Crud. That’s why it was so crunchy… :awkward:

[quote=“Chief_Dork, post:6, topic:28584”]
You will forgive me for making the assumption that you know in order to eat a lobster it needs to be dead cooked and out of the shell. I cannot make that assumption about the gentleman who ate the artichoke.
[/quote]I have never eated lobster but yes I know how they are supposed to be cooked.

Do you like Mayo? That is what I dip my artichoke leaves in. I use Japanese mayo, for the spices, but any mayo, works.
You could always buy just the artichoke hearts. Use them in salads, and such.

You have never eaten artichokes NOR lobster?
Just what IS IT you live on???
IOW, dude, you need to get out more often.
I swear, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who has never had lobster. That flabberghasts me.

I only tried lobster for the first time this autumn. It’s amazing! @_@

Being 16, that’s perfectly understandable. But however old Sam is???
I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s very healthy, besides being sweet nectar to the taste buds. Personally, I prefer King Crab Legs to lobster, but that’s not to say I’d ever turn lobster down.
Here is ONE MAJOR drawback to where I live. There is no such thing as getting Cherrystone Clams. :sad:

I don’t think I’ve had either one, either. I’ve often wondered about lobster.

For those who never had lobster, I would suggest a “fine dining” restaurant for your first time (or the best restaurant near you).

The “Red Lobster Restaurant” can be hit or miss for “good” lobster.

My daughter once had it in a restaurant that is not known for sea food and will never try it again and that is a shame because “good” lobster is one of those real treats in life but needs to be “fresh” AND cooked properly to be really good…

I pick the fruit jar lawsuit as the most ridiculous…(how come there isn’t a “click to vote” thingy?)

I’ve never tried lobster either…after finding out that crab is just very expensive fish that you still have to work for after you pay a crap load for it, i wasn’t going to pay even more for another kind of fish that I still have to work for when I get it. Besides, crab legs are really only good while they’re hot, and there’s no way you can get all the meat out of those shells before it’s stone cold.

You need to go to the link. I tried to copy the vote box but…

I’ve never tried lobster either…after finding out that crab is just very expensive fish that you still have to work for after you pay a crap load for it, i wasn’t going to pay even more for another kind of fish that I still have to work for when I get it. Besides, crab legs are really only good while they’re hot, and there’s no way you can get all the meat out of those shells before it’s stone cold.

LOL

I don’t like to “work” for my food either, once it’s put on the table.

Crab is another food that needs to be “fresh” AND cooked properly.

I order “lobster tail” only, and crab that’s out of the shell. If you go to an “expensive” restaurant they will get the meat out for you at no additional charge.

Oh, I just missed the link…I thought it was a poll you put together for our entertainment :awkward: oops!

The artichoke is leading the traffic cop ~30% to ~26% btw :howler:

[quote=“2cent, post:10, topic:28584”]
You have never eaten artichokes NOR lobster?
Just what IS IT you live on???
IOW, dude, you need to get out more often.
I swear, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who has never had lobster. That flabberghasts me.
[/quote]I have allergies

What do they taste like?

Yah, I know booooooo :confused:

I can’t decide between crab and lobster. I think I lean towards lobster, though.

Seafood’s very expensive here. Don’t jump to conclusions here, but I think it might be because I live in a desert. :biggrin: