New to the Site

I would say that my joining is long overdue, but I guess it’s better late than never! I’m in my mid 50’s, and was raised on a farm in Virginia, where I currently reside. I have several hobbies, including hunting, fishing, and metal detecting, although health issues limit my activities. I still work full-time, and will continue to do so for as long as possible. My family has tended to vote Republican as long as I can remember. I contribute this to my family having an abundance of common sense. My wife’s side of the family also votes Republican. I attribute this to the fact that they all have worked and “paid their dues”. One of our biggest complaints is the fact that the Democratic Party caters to, and contributes to the non-productive, non-caring sector of the population, which only wants things handed to them for free. It is also ironic that JFK, one of the most respected Democrats ever known, used to preach about “Ask not what your country can do for you, but rather ask what you can do for your country”. You will NEVER hear those words come from a modern-day democrat! When those who contribute the LEAST to society get the MOST from it, we have a problem! My current governor is “Big Mac”, who wants to take everyone’s guns away, along with our Constitutional Rights, and basically ROB from the working class to give to the inmates, felons, and deadbeats. Politicians too often claim to be for the “working, middle class”, but especially if they are democrats, they turn totally AGAINST the middle-class and cater to their little special-interest groups. And let’s not get on the subject of healthcare, because I will have to leave this computer to go take a blood-pressure pill. If TRUMP is going to be our candidate, why NOT cast your vote for him? Like him or not, he may be our only “salvation”. Even if he does “sour”, I’d still rather have a Republican, good or not, than to have ANY of the alternatives. We need to give him a chance. Thank you all!

Hi and welcome! I’ll have to disagree about Trump (I don’t think he’s going to be very conservative if he wins), but there’s room for honest disagreement and discussion about it.

****Welcome aboard.

Welcome, enjoy the site.