Newt will be running in 2012

Report: Gingrich tells insiders he’ll run for president - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

He will be basing his campaign in Georgia

Great, Rudy is considering it as well.
I guess they think we need more mud in the water.

I like Newt as an info resource but, he has too much baggage to be a good candidate.

Rudy gets high marks for leadership but, he is too much of a Northeast RINO for me.

Both are more the ‘pragmatist’ and with the Republican base as fractured as it is, would tend to widen the schism
I like Gingrich for his great knowledge of both politics and Rino republicans, but he does NOT fit well with the ‘Tea Party’ and general constitutionalists.
Rudy G is solely basing on his leadership during 9/11 and before that he was marginal at best, and has done little since then except be in the news. He handles the media well but is also more of a centrist, away from the ‘Tea Party’ .

Rudy can’t run a national campaign and Newt has the “support anyone with an R in front of their name” mentality. I like Newt’s ideas and his book was very good, but he can’t get away from supporting RINO’s.

Exactly how I see it. I hope some true conservatives throw their hats in the ring.

I would like to see Newt as a VP or cabinet member, he isn’t my first choice for President.
Rudy has no chance IMO, he got destroyed last election. He didn’t even win his home state of New York. I cannot see America voting a mayor to the Presidency.

The big thing I see here is , where is a man of VISION??? where is that person who sees what America can and should be. The communicator. None in the horizon so far.

Listen to Marco Rubio’s speech to CPAC last year, the horizon is showing him in my opinion.

YouTube - Marco Rubio CPAC Address

For those on dial-up here is the Transcript, well worth the read.

44 - Marco Rubio’s CPAC speech: The transcript

I can think of one guy with a plan, Paul Ryan.
A Roadmap for America’s Future | The Budget Committee Republicans

He can run to kenya. he can run for carbon credits. he can even run off with Dede Scozzafava. Running is one thing. Getting the votes is something else again.

No track record, and I can use flowery words and phrases. I have heard both Rubio and Rand, good thoughts but that is not the vision. They have promise, they have a certain [ or at least Rubio has] Charisma, but little else at this juncture.
Using the Constitution as the base, what is the direction America should go and what is the direction Americans should go?How do they propose to get the Federal government PERMANENTLY off the backs of the people , how do they waken the people to personal responsibility? How do they unloosen the stranglehold of entitlements that rope the populace into fiscal slavery? How do they awaken the inner fire of national pride?

Rudy’s speeches tend to follow a pattern, noun verb 9/11

Newt is one of the palace mandarins, he does not hve the wide appeal of other people i would see run. He needs to be teaching somewhere.

[quote=“Chief_Dork, post:15, topic:28930”]
Rudy’s speeches tend to follow a pattern, noun verb 9/11

Newt is one of the palace mandarins, he does not have the wide appeal of other people i would see run. He needs to be teaching somewhere.
[/quote]I believe he teaches history at some college

is a palace mandarin the same as a palace eunuch?

If only more currently in the “palace” were eunuchs. The thought of another Progressive generation turns my stomach.

I would support Ron Paul before Gingrich. And that says A LOT.

Considering, Rudy was my mayor on 9/11, I like him a lot, and he is the ONLY Pro-Choicer, I could EVER see myself supporting.

But, I still think Palin, or Barbour or Thune orHuck will be better choices. Or Santorum.