NHB

What happened to it? It was fun watching people get put on blast.

Why have rules for the site, but then have a place where there are no rules? “No trolling, except in NHB. Respect other posters, except in NHB.”

It’s inconsistant, and frankly caused more strife between folks than was necessary.

Now we have no place to call a bigot a BIGOT…and according to some mod(s?)…we can no longer call GROUPS of bigots, bigots because “broad brushing” is against the rules
Bring back NHB !!

It is when people use it to skirt the personal attack rule

Say it ain’t so, Cam! “Broad brushing” is against the rules? So, you mean, stuff like this is against the rules?

Why aren’t the mods doing anything about it?

And yes, all of those are separate posts, and that’s not all of them, just a selection.

and none of those were using the “broad bush” to insult a specific poster, which is the problem

Gotta, tell y’all, you’re breaking my heart.

You live in a conservative house, folks. Get over it.

Evil: a : morally reprehensible (definition 1 from merriam webster) I gotta tell ya – and maybe it’ll surprise you – a lot of conservatives consider liberals morally reprehensible based on a wide variety of values.

Bigot: same dictionary requires hatred and intolerance in addition to blindly clinging to a belief. I don’t know what tolerance is if it isn’t co-existing. I can’t think of many folks here who have been individually singled out as bigots or the RO community or the conservative community that acts intolerantly or hatefully. Your argument over gay marriage is over a long tradition. It doesn’t change over night. It’s remarkable how fast public opinion is swaying on the issue, overturning this long tradition. Your broadbrushes on this is the same as Nazifying everything, which is one of the examples we have before us regarding this rule. That’s a judgment call the mods have made, ALL of them. Get over it. If you don’t like it, ask JG to overturn our collective and unanimous opinion.

If JG doesn’t change it, feel free to leave or stay and whine about the unfairness of it all. Better yet, sue. Ask a judge to overturn RO’s ruling, deem “evil” hate speech and calling the RO membership in general a bunch of bigots a virtuous act. Those sorts of lawsuits are all the rage these days for a bunch of folks who are supposedly all about human rights.

Or just keep complaining. Whatever. This post is how much I give a rip. And my give a rip’s all used up.

How long do you think a post with “conservatives are evil” would last around here?

You can’t call a troll a troll. You can’t call a Liberal a Liberal. You can’t call soneone who finds mangling the bodies of unborn babies with the intent to kill them EVIL, bloodthirsty, selfish SOBs either.

I think it’s a reasonable expectation that the rules should apply equally to all.

If that’s not the case then perhaps RO management should make an announcement to explain how things work, so everyone knows where they stand.

Not if you want to have a civil discussion among folks with different perspectives. Count me as one more who objects to the constant broad-brushing that subsitutes for debate, and the unequal treatment of such by the powers that be.

One who lives in a glass house should not cast stones.

I’m closing the thread.

That’s it.

Why have rules for the site, but then have a place where there are no rules? “No trolling, except in NHB. Respect other posters, except in NHB.”

It’s inconsistant, and frankly caused more strife between folks than was necessary.