No National I.D.

Stop National ID

A National ID would be a HORRIBLE IDEA.

It will come eventually. I hope not in my life time, but it may.

We essentially already have national IDs. Social Security numbers as well as pretty much every modern drivers license. All our data is shared between state and federal agencies. Next add in mandatory e-verify and you need a “compliant” ID to just get a job…

I can’t watch the vid at the moment 'cuz there’s people asleep in the next room, but Jebby’s right. We’ve had Nat’l ID’s since the SS# came out.

As to e-Verify, back when I was a kid in the 70’s, and throughout the 80’s, there was always a page to fill out when applying for a job where one placed his/her SS# and stated, upon threat of dismissal or even arrest, that he/she was, indeed, a U.S. citizen.
Whatever happened to that?

[quote=“2cent, post:5, topic:39556”]
I can’t watch the vid at the moment 'cuz there’s people asleep in the next room, but Jebby’s right. We’ve had Nat’l ID’s since the SS# came out.

As to e-Verify, back when I was a kid in the 70’s, and throughout the 80’s, there was always a page to fill out when applying for a job where one placed his/her SS# and stated, upon threat of dismissal or even arrest, that he/she was, indeed, a U.S. citizen.
Whatever happened to that?
[/quote]PC??