North Korea: Kim Jong Un observes missile-ready hydrogen bomb

Blockquote

Seoul, South Korea (CNN)North Korea’s regime has “succeeded in making a more developed nuke,” according to the country’s state news agency.

The Korean Central News Agency described it as a “nuke” in its English-language report, but called it a “thermonuclear hydrogen bomb” in the Korean version.

During a visit to the country’s Nuclear Weapons Institute, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un “watched an H-bomb to be loaded into new ICBM (intercontinental ballistic missile),” KCNA reported.

There was no independent confirmation of the claims.

“The H-bomb, the explosive power of which is adjustable from tens kiloton to hundreds kiloton, is a multi-functional thermonuclear nuke with great destructive power which can be detonated even at high altitudes for super-powerful EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack according to strategic goals,” KCNA reported in English.

This week, North Korea launched an intermediate-range missile, identified by the North Koreans as the Hwasong-12.

The missile flew over Japan, further exacerbating tensions between North Korea and the United States and its allies, Japan and South Korea.

North Korea has been test-firing missiles at a rapid pace all year. With each launch, experts say Pyongyang can further refine and perfect its missile technology.

I GIVE UP ON THIS TRYING TO QUOTE MESS!!

Also ran into something new!

I tried to reply to the post with the “I GIVE UP …” sentence and a popup jumps up with … "Are you sure that this is a full sentence … the body, blah, blah, blah.

I click on OK and it sends me RIGHT BACK to the edit post page … over and over again!!

I DON’T LIKE THIS FORUM SETUP!
NOT ONE BIT!

Where are the MAD Emojis?

Kim is a dog a deserves worse than he’ll probably get.

Sorry about the quoting difficulties. To quote use
[ quote]
Remove the space before the “q”. And make sure the quote tags are on separate lines from the text in the middle
[/quote]

Just heard on the news that there was a 6.3 “earthquake” in NK.
Problem being that many believe that the seismic activity was caused by the Norks testing an underground Nuke!

I’ve tried all of the quote suggestions and none seem to work.

Also, what’s with the popup that I mentioned?

Only North Korea is claiming that they have developed a Hydrogen Bomb. No one else believes them.

I’m trying to recreate the issue, but I believe it’s a spam prevention feature - it stops members from posting successive posts too quickly especially when it notices the successive post is very short and likely not expressing much (“This sucks!” or “aaarrrggghh”)

I really hope I can help you with the quoting.

[xquote]
the stuff you want quoted here, on a separate line.
[/quote]

Remove the x, Does that work at all?

I’d like to see some confirmation that it was actually a thermonuke…

I am not well enough informed to know the difference between a 6.3 quake and a nuke…but timing is uncanny.
I don’t see the real difference between a high-yield thermo -nuclear device or the launching of a firecracker atop an ICBM if either means the end of Korea,likely North & South,for that matter. Our response is always going to be “surgical” and “collateral damage-free” …but as Mad Dog Maddis says, it’s going to be “messy”.
And on the same note, but different: Do you suppose a nuke strike on the BIG TARGET, Hollywood, would be a “disaster” or come under “Act of God”???

I’m Senator Filibuster Foghorn and I approve of this message.

It’s far more likely that they’d make a go at Guam. They don’t have a delivery system powerful enough to carry their crude atom bombs all the way to the West coast.

Guam wouldn’t be that significant a target, and it would reap them the whirlwind.

@Alaska_Slim

They may not have a delivery system powerful enough like the superpower’s ICBMs. But their missiles are small enough to be installed in a cargo ship and launched at sea. With nukes, accuracy is not that important and if they are intended as an EMP weapon, that is even mores so.

Just a thought.

I’m not saying they intend to inflict damage, only make a show, (have the missile land somewhere offshore) to give the message to us “We can hit you”.

And Guam is significant when it comes to projecting military presence in the Region; it’s the largest base we have between the East and ourselves. It’d be important for ferrying bombers, as well as ships.

Yeah… I know that theory, and I don’t buy it. Ships are not stable launch platforms. It adds numerous complexities onto a task they’re already struggling at.

If they’re missile technology was advanced enough to do that, they would already have harpoon missiles which could hit our ships from their coastline, at near-equal range to our own.