nuff said

Tyrannical Presidency? Which one fits?http://www.facebook.com/index.php#!/photo.php?fbid=283551198444732&set=a.133361476797039.26402.133352176797969&type=1&theater

:coffee_spray:

??:coffee_spray:??

I found it funny? Laughing and such? Was this not meant to be funny?

What’s funny about our President living like royalty?

[quote=“natstew, post:5, topic:38895”]
What’s funny about our President living like royalty?
[/quote]Umm…Lol?

And more seriously, why does anyone find it acceptable that President Bush cost us $59 million over eight years?

I would guess most of that is af1 and secret service costs, its not like he was bathing in caviar or something.

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:8, topic:38895”]
I would guess most of that is af1 and secret service costs, its not like he was bathing in caviar or something.
[/quote]I guess I’m OK with Secret Service coverage while he’s in office, but we did pay $1.3 million or so last year for office staff, his pension, phone bills, etc.; some $500,000 for Carter; nearly $1 million for Clinton. I agree with Nat. I can’t imagine why we treat our presidents like royalty.

Well see, our Ex Presidents are usually still held up as ambassadors for good will with other nations, and within our own borders. Many carry on organizing charity work and such. Why they get so much? I don’t know. I think having a small staff to assist with post term business with the gov’t is acceptable for someone who controlled and handled the weight of the nation. They carry secrets to their graves of the things that go on that we never know about.

See, even General Officers in the military are usually granted a small staff when they retire, although it’s only temporary. But, the staff is needed to help with everything from biographical needs to turnover. They also carry a great deal of knowledge that must be passed on. So here, again, I can see the need.

Secret service protection for past presidents I also understand.

Now look, keep in mind that I believe these allowances should be kept to a very fiscally responsible level. That does need to take into account how much work needs to be done though. GWB and Clinton, and even Obamama will require more staff than Carter, or Ford if for no other reason than they were in office longer, and there is more turnover that needs to be done.

[quote=“JStang, post:10, topic:38895”]
Well see, our Ex Presidents are usually still held up as ambassadors for good will with other nations, and within our own borders. Many carry on organizing charity work and such. Why they get so much? I don’t know. I think having a small staff to assist with post term business with the gov’t is acceptable for someone who controlled and handled the weight of the nation. They carry secrets to their graves of the things that go on that we never know about.

See, even General Officers in the military are usually granted a small staff when they retire, although it’s only temporary. But, the staff is needed to help with everything from biographical needs to turnover. They also carry a great deal of knowledge that must be passed on. So here, again, I can see the need.

Secret service protection for past presidents I also understand.

Now look, keep in mind that I believe these allowances should be kept to a very fiscally responsible level. That does need to take into account how much work needs to be done though. GWB and Clinton, and even Obamama will require more staff than Carter, or Ford if for no other reason than they were in office longer, and there is more turnover that needs to be done.
[/quote]turnover from president to president?

Yes sir. They supposed to do a knowledge download on all things from domestic policy, national security, foreign relations and so forth. The staff does as well, at least the military staff does. Whether or not the incoming president gives a blank enough to take in the briefing, I can’t say. I would bet that Manboychildobamama did not pay attention to his in-briefing.

If they’ve got actual state business, fine; but they’re out of office. They don’t need any other squat from us. I think they oughta receive median wage and give everything else away to a charity selected by a committee of Libertarians and Greens from a precinct in northern Maine. That’ll be an incentive to perform better when they’re in office. Maybe they’ll even embrace the free market principles that might lead Americans to prosperity – just so they can live more prosperously.

I hate them all, some more so than others.

I guess I’m gonna get creamed on this one, but I don’t get it. (Sorry…guess I’m wearing my dunce cap today…)