Obama Accepts Transparency Award in Secret:

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama accepted an award for making the government more open and transparent – presented to him behind closed doors with no media coverage or public access allowed.

Linky: Obama Accepts Transparency Award In Private

To those wondering. This is why I can never understand Obama’s thought processes.

Oh, I can easily understand his thought processes. It is the media’s lack of calling attention to such an absurdly ironic event that leaves me gasping for air. The old Russian government run news outlet, Pravda, had NOTHING on most of our so-called mainstream media.

He doesn’t want to risk having a real reporter present during the presentation for fear of being asked about Benghazi and his lack of transparency. In addition, he understands the irony of his receipt of an award regarding transparency. Finally, he knows few news outlets will report the event and, even if they do, no one will really give a damn for more than 5 minutes. Obama, aka: Captain BS, has the media and the electorate perfectly figured out !!

As long as media “journalists” behave more like his stenographers than researchers/observers/reporters then he can say/do just about whatever/whenever/wherever he wants - even in plain sight. After all, most people don’t pay much attention beyond “news” about Snookie or another one of the Kardasians getting knocked up.

Exactly.

I had to laugh when I saw your thread title jjf.

Since this was reported in march of 2011 I dont think accepting in private had anything to do with Benghazi

UNT, you’re correct - I didn’t notice the date - but my point remains the same - how about “fast and Furious”? Anyone at the 2011 award ceremony take note of that? He did nothing to get the Nobel Prize and he has done even less to advance transperency.

It wasn’t actually closed doors. It just wasn’t listed on his schedule and wasn’t a full-blown event. It’s like complaining you didn’t get to see the daily staff meeting, or get to see him go to the bathroom, or see him sign ever bill that comes to him. It simply wasn’t a planned event.

Which is why the Huffington Post is a blog and not a reliable news source.

good thing no other news outlet reported on this

WaPo

Obama finally accepts his transparency award… behind closed doors

Obama finally accepts his transparency award… behind closed doors - The Federal Eye - The Washington Post

Politico

President Obama finally and quietly accepted his “transparency” award from the open government community this week — in a closed, undisclosed meeting at the White House on Monday.

Shh! Obama gets anti-secrecy award | POLITICO 44

Fox News

“This president has demonstrated a commitment to transparency and openness that is greater than any administration has shown in the past, and he’s been committed to that since he ran for President and he’s taken a significant number of measures to demonstrate that,” Carney said on March 16. No word yet on what the White House will say now that the award has been given - behind closed doors.

President Obama Receives Transparency Award But No Press is There to See It - Fox News

Oh dang, sorry. The Washington Post and Fox News, which both had a conservative bias, said Obama accepted the award behind “closed doors”. It must be true.

No, sorry. It’s a sensationalist title. There was no huge ceremony where the press wasn’t allowed in, and the press was not even specifically told they weren’t allowed. They just gave him the award and left. The reason the press wasn’t there is because there was no ceremony, not because it was “secret”.

WaPo, a conservative bias :rofl: :rofl: :

thats why the Washington Examiner and the Washington Times were created to be conservative alternatives to the WaPo

:rofl:

But some of the conservatives’ complaints about a liberal tilt are valid. Journalism naturally draws liberals; we like to change the world. I’ll bet that most Post journalists voted for Obama. I did. There are centrists at The Post as well. But the conservatives I know here feel so outnumbered that they don’t even want to be quoted by name in a memo.

Deborah Howell - Deborah Howell on Remedying Perceptions of Media Bias

Its always hard to tell if you are joking or you really are just that ignorant.

:coffee_spray: :coffee_spray: :coffee_spray: :coffee_spray: :coffee_spray: :coffee_spray: :coffee_spray: :coffee_spray: