Obama camp promises tougher response to Romney in next debate

Reeling from a debate performance where President Obama often seemed listless and subdued relative to his Republican opponent, the Obama campaign’s top strategist said Thursday they would more aggressively challenge Mitt Romney on alleged inconsistencies in his policies.

“You know, you can’t tell the American people up is down and down is up and ignore your history and ignore your statements,” Obama senior adviser David Axelrod said Thursday on MSNBC. “You can’t square the circle, and Gov. Romney is going to be held accountable for that.”

Axelrod went on to accuse Romney of playing “a shell game” at the debate and said the Republican nominee deserved “an ‘F’ for being honest with the American people.”

Obama camp promises tougher response to Romney in next debate - The Hill’s Video

Translation they are going to cheat

Maybe the President will take a hit of coke just before the debate next time. That will liven things up.

Heh! Did you hear Algore’s excuse? It was the altitude in Denver… OMG… That dude was almost president. :howler:

[quote=“JStang, post:3, topic:36428”]
Heh! Did you hear Algore’s excuse? It was the altitude in Denver… OMG… That dude was almost president. :howler:
[/quote]It was global warming:coffee_spray:

The spin started before the debate. Last week I heard that Romney had time to prepare and Obama did not because he was running the country? By running the country they mean campaigning on the love fest talk shows.

Today’s it’s Romney lied, Obama had a migraine, the altitude (Romney was apparently at sea level), Obama was being nice, His teleprompter quit working, his socks were too loose, his dog ate his homework and Bush was making faces at him from the audience distracting him.

[quote=“Dacabeti, post:5, topic:36428”]
The spin started before the debate. Last week I heard that Romney had time to prepare and Obama did not because he was running the country? By running the country they mean campaigning on the love fest talk shows.

Today’s it’s Romney lied, Obama had a migraine, the altitude (Romney was apparently at sea level), Obama was being nice, His teleprompter quit working, his socks were too loose, his dog ate his homework and Bush was making faces at him from the audience distracting him.
[/quote]Well, too bad he had to leave the golf course. I know, he makes some big sacrifices for us…

1 2 3 4 5 wait for it Rommey was being racist–how dare he question the holyman

Yeah that!!! Not sure what happened to the smileys

The next debate will favor Obama as it is town hall format and he can get away with things that the 1-1 format did not allow.

“Second presidential debate (October 16, 2012, Hofstra University, Hempstead, N.Y.): The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which citizens will ask questions of the candidates on foreign and domestic issues. Candidates each will have two minutes to respond, and an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate a discussion. The town meeting participants will be undecided voters selected by the Gallup Organization.”

I hate it when the public asks the questions…" I’m a 22 year old student and single mother trying to feed my baby and attend community college majoring in cosmetology…Mr. Romney…how will your banning Obamacare, free birth control, and cutting college loans and other social policies help me?"

I can see the audience now… Sandra Fluke, The guy whos wife Romney killed with his bare hands and Romney’s trashman

This election needs Granny’s tonic.

Cam:

I hate it when the public asks the questions…" I’m a 22 year old student and single mother trying to feed my baby and attend community college majoring in cosmetology…Mr. Romney…how will your banning Obamacare, free birth control, and cutting college loans and other social policies help me?"

And…
“Mr. President. How is it you get such a perfect hair cut every time?”

I’m sure Romney is quaking in his shoes . . .

And Obama is quacking in his…