Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks ..

Full Title: Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

The Department of Homeland Security (through the U.S. Army Forces Command) recently retrofitted 2,717 of these ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.

Although I’ve seen and read several online blurbs about this vehicle of late, I decided to dig slightly deeper and discover more about the vehicle itself.

The new DHS sanctioned ‘Street Sweeper’ (my own slang due to the gun ports) is built by Navistar Defense (NavistarDefense.com), a division within the Navistar organization. Under the Navistar umbrella are several other companies including International Trucks, IC Bus (they make school buses), Monaco RV (recreational vehicles), WorkHorse (they make chassis), MaxxForce (diesel engines), and Navistar Financial (the money arm of the company).

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit

Just heard about this on the radio a little under two hours ago. This is starting to look grim…

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:2, topic:38531”]
Just heard about this on the radio a little under two hours ago. This is starting to look grim…
[/quote]But, but you need to stop listening to that Alex Jones character and all the Right-Wing … Wing-Nuts!

Don’t you know that they’re just trying to scare you into thinking that Dear Leader is a Wanna-Be Dictator?/sarc:banana:

I would go as far as to say the erroneous spending, to include foreign aid such as the recent 50 million to the Muslim Brotherhood in Syria and 250 million to the MB in Egypt are done with Obama’s secret motivation to finish off the dollar on purpose for an excuse to increase governmental control. This could possibly include executive orders signed last year to take control of the infrastructure of the country in time of national emergency.

I have a question regarding this? Do you trust your men and women in uniform? If you do than this should not bother you in the slightest. I happen to trust the soldiers of this country. They are our sons and daughters brothers and sisters. If they are ordered to slaughter and arrest American citizens, I believe, the majority will refuse. Obama would then have a true Revolution on his hands.

Check out this video uploaded yesterday about the Ozark compound:

This is a strategic location, a command center…this is the headquarters for the Illuminati.
Yeah, OK. Putting my tinfoil hat on now…

How in the world does this guy know this? What is the source for this super-secret information from a super-secret organization?

Why do we assume that a stockpile of 1.6 billion or million or trillion bullets and a bunch of big armored vehicles is a prelude to something in particular? The government ran tanks into the Branch Devidian compound in Waco. What’s the difference here?

Your senators and representatives and the Republican president we had before The Messiah created the DHS. Wonder what they all had in mind that lots of folks here who thought the Patriot Act was a good idea didn’t also have in mind. Just how nefarious is this development?

Does anyone else remember when Billary was going to declare martial law and stay in office? Does anyone else remember that the FEMA camp videos and conspiracy theories date back to the 1940s and all of the administrations and Congresses and Supreme Courts we’ve had since then?

If The One *were *t o declare some sort of martial law or emergency, legally or illegally, reasonably or unreasonably, no doubt he would use all of the tools at his disposal to enforce it. Before this stuff, he already had enough hardware to be a threat to the populace. This is nothing particularly special.

My Police Department, a small one, bought a lot of ammunition last year, most of it in .40. Should I be worried?

No, FL, I don’t trust them one way or the other. I’ve seen some moronic security guards over the years just doing what they’re told. I also don’t think they’re particularly being prepped to spearhead The Messiah’s Nazi mission to root out people like me or to put political dissidents into FEMA camps. Some would do the right thing. Some would do the wrong thing. Don’t forget that the Nazis were family and friends, and in the Civil War, brother killed brother.

Many people said the same thing about nazi soldiers–they wouldn’t hunt down and kill German citizens just because they were Jews. I don’t know what the military would do in such a case, but I can tell you that this is not good. BO seems to be allowing muslim countries to run rampage as they like, yet he seems focused on attacking our own. He is not an American. He is NOT a Christian. He IS a marxist-commie-muslim bent on destroying this country.

DHS purchased 1.6 billion rounds of hollow point ammunition. Hollow point bullets are not usable for target practice nor in warfare. They serve only one purpose - to kill people.

The DHS have conducted a series of exercises using Blackhawk helicopters in large urban areas.
(Urban warfare drills have been conducted in St. Louis, Minneapolis, Chicago, New York, Houston and a host of other American cities.)

Drones over U.S. cities

The President is pushing hard for gun control legislation along with his views on …

Obama:

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.“

The Department of Homeland Security has on more than one occasion issued reports calling Conservatives, pro-lifers, returning military personnel, people who fly the Gadsden Flag, etc. potential domestic terrorists, and has created a watch list of such individuals.

I’m sure that we are being paranoid (not) but give me a live paranoid over a dead disbeliever anytime!

Remember what “They” (who?) say … Once may be a coincidence …:flag:

I’m less certain of the military since it is becoming increasingly liberalized; and that will only get worse.

1. The difference is between a handful of armored vehicles and 2,700 new ones for an agency that I didn’t realize had any direct “law-enforcement” role. And I don’t imagine the ATF gave up the ones they had. And where did all the agents that they’ll need to use them come from?
  2. I don’t know what’s what here, but I do know that any agency (or corporation, or church) can be perverted into something that it wasn’t created to be.
  3. Yeah. I’m not a tin-foil hatter, but there’s such a thing as the reverse extreme. And is it so unlikely, given the book of Revelation?
  4. There’s “threat” and there’s “bigger threat.”
  5. Your local police department isn’t Federal, and like I noted above, I wasn’t aware that DHS was supposed to have any noteworthy law enforcement capability.
  6. Don’t forget (again as I mentioned above) that the military is becoming increasingly liberalized. I don’t know if the doo-doo will hit the fan on Obama’s watch or even in my lifetime, but I imagine it will. And I sure don’t put it past Obama and his puppeteers to try it on his watch.

Gotta disagree on one point. Hollowpoint ammo is used for practice. I’ve punched a lot of paper with hollowpoints. As a general rule, one should practice with what one will actually use in a fight (or for any other purpose).

I have posted more than a few articles by Jim Hoft, and respect his work. But calling those up-rated Humvees “tanks” is an exaggeration that distracts from what is odd. Since WW1, when tanks were first used (IIRC), tanks have had three fundamental characteristics:

• Armor; many/most (all?) modern tanks also have air supply filtration to protect occupants from chemical and biological weapons;

• Crawler tracks (like a Caterpillar tractor);

• A heavy main gun (and often .30- and/or .50-caliber automatic weapons for close fighting and vehicle self-defense).

And a tank also imposed one limitation on its crew - sometimes deadly - limited ingress and egress.

The vehicles pictured in Hoft’s article have wheels (probably with run-flat tires) rather than treads. The vehicles pictured have no heavy main gun, and no medium or light automatic weapons are visible. And at least one pic shows the passenger area has open gratings, which means passengers are not protected from tear gas or “Molotov cocktails”. OTOH, one of the pix shows the rear of the vehicle, which clearly has a relatively large entrance/exit. This vehicle is not a tank, “light”, “heavy” or whatever. It’s a light armored personnel carrier with incomplete protection for the personnel.

"Tank" has a very clear meaning, and in this context, a very emotive one. And that meaning, when applied to these vehicles, is 70%-80% wrong. This vehicle isn’t going to be using its main gun to blow ginormous holes in somebody’s house or place of business. It doesn’t have a main gun. This vehicle isn’t going to be mowing down people Tiananmen-Square-style. It doesn’t have crawler tracks.

So, what can it do? It can carry and, to some degree, protect, people and their gear. A bread-truck-style panel van or a box truck can carry people and gear, and for shear number of people and amount of gear e vehicles this article highlights are inferior to bread trucks and box trucks. These vehicles are best suited to one main purpose: deploying key personnel into dangerous situations such as riots and small arms firefights.

My guess is that these vehicles are battle-worn up-armored Humvees sent home from Iraq and Afghanistan that were declared not worth repairing and surplus. They might have become scrap metal (and maybe some did). The company that refurbished these 2700+ got them relatively cheap, did the refit, and was able to sell them relatively (for their capability) cheap. And DHS bought them (possibly to be distributed to local law enforcement). All that said, this is a really large number of special-use vehicles. How many Watts-style riots happen every year? How many Waco-style stand-offs happen every year?

These vehicles do have some potential for abuse, but calling them “tanks” ridiculously exaggerates their abuse potential and creates false impressions!

I don’t disagree with your distinction between “tank” (or other heavy AFV) and light armored vehicle. I will point out that in some ways, the purchase was for the latter is a more ominous sign, because they’re armored enough to defeat the small arms and perhaps I.E.D.s that an armed citizenry could muster.

LOL at the Sam’s truck that rolls through at the end.

Illuminati eh? ROFL…

It’s not our men and women in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines I worry about, it’s the DHS thugs.

Sorry to be so dense, but what is the significance of this?

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:17, topic:38531”]
Sorry to be so dense, but what is the significance of this?
[/quote]A summary: Illuminati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The thought of “The Illuminati,” the secret cabal that “really” controls everything, having to order from Sam’s just amuses me to no end.

hehe, I missed the significance of CT’s question…lol