Obama Executive Action on Guns

I think his executive order(s) will go further than background checks. He has been testing the waters for quite sometime and Congress has done very little to stop him. His executive orders on amnesty are now going to be heard by the Supreme Court and we all know how his e.o. wound up with gay marriage. I don’t see Congress effectively stopping him on infringing on the 2nd amendment.

Obama executive action on guns to require background checks for more sales
President Obama’s series of executive actions on guns will require background checks for those purchased from dealers even if they’re bought online or at gun shows, the White House announced late Monday.
The Justice Department’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives will also issue updated guidance that says the government can consider someone a gun dealer regardless of where the guns are sold.
The actions, which Obama will formally unveil Tuesday, mark a renewed bid by the president to enact gun control measures with or without Congress.
Republicans accused the president of going too far, and already have threatened to fight the new measures by withholding DOJ funding. The guidance, though, aims to achieve a long-time administration goal of narrowing the gun show loophole.
In an attempt to prevent gun purchases from falling through the cracks, the FBI will hire 230 more examiners to process background checks, the White House said.
The FBI has a computerized system that can process background checks for many in seconds, but in instances where the FBI needs more time, the government only has three days before prospective buyers can return and buy the gun without being cleared…

Obama executive action on guns to require background checks for more sales | Fox News

Also: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/01/obama-to-impose-new-gun-control-curbs-next-week/

Meanwhile … 124 Anti-gun Democrats Introduce Semi-Auto Gun and Magazine Ban in House of Representatives. This is different than the original assault weapons ban.

Also: Federal Appeals Court Upholds Bans on America’s Most Popular Rifles and Magazines

Obama circumvents Congress by unilaterally mandating additional gun controls on the backs of Americans that he says will save lives, while he is further moving toward closing GITMO by readying the release this month of another 17 terrorist thugs from the facility - Obama does this knowing full well that history indicates at least a third of these turds will re-engage in terrorist activities that will include killing Americans and American allies. This man has been an insult to anyone with an IQ above room temperature - even with the thermostat turned down.

Obama has turned his back on our ME allies, including Israel, in favor of SPONSORING Iran - a historic enemy; a nation that held US hostages for over 400 days; a nation that sponsors terror all over the world; a nation openly seeking nuclear weapon capability and missile delivery, while openly and repeatedly threatening the demise of the West - specifically the United States - and he intends to sponsor Iran’s effort by soon giving Iran access to well over $100 billion as part of a nuclear agreement he cut while circumventing Congress and failing to reveal side-deals that have still not been revealed.

Of course, his behavior is not treason because Congress has failed to declare war. But, if his isn’t treason-like behavior, just what the f*ck is it??!!

IF only “We the People” had DEMANDED Congress start impeachment proceedings. I don’t think you would have seen his executive orders on amnesty, gay marriage or this. It’s too late now. I don’t see this ending well, and I see a distinct possibility that as the year progresses he will issue additional gun control measures which will incite an uprising by gun owners and he will use his power to suspend the elections.

I do not think suspending elections is a possibility, but certainly we are in for an amazingly long year of an unprecedented series of czar-like executive actions. And you are correct - patriotlass - it will not go well.

For example, I think it VERY likely Obama will simply release those remaining in GITMO, closing the facility and GIVING it to Cuba. This will ensure we can never use it again as a detention facility that can be used to interrogate combatants.

Obama is convinced GITMO has been used as a recruiting tool by terrorists. Of course, that’s BULLSH*T. Terrorist groups use their successes as recruiting tools. Successful terrorist attacks and website/internet “advertisement” of these successes have proven to be beneficial to recruitment.

Of course, Obama’s feckless behavior and often outright indifference, might be the greatest recruiting tool of all. IMHO

This freaking retard thinks that he can mandate that anyone who sells a gun for profit will have to get his federal firearms registration license.

You gift me $500.
Hey, I have a gift for you: This unfired Glock 19, and case for a Glock 22. Interchangeable gun case, no worries there.

What a retard. It’s going to be overturned anyway.

It is my understanding he can pretty much do what he wants by executive order. For starters, he is sending a clear message to terrorists that America is becoming disarmed. That puts a bigger bullseye on all of us. Secondly, any type of upheaval that he may cause by all of this maybe enough of an excuse to declare martial law right around election time.

I don’t trust him; and nothing he does (other than stepping down) would surprise me. Anger me, yes. Surprise me, no.

I don’t think any president can do what he wants by executive order. That is why we have the balance of powers–or at least, that’s how it is supposed to work. I am praying that Congress will do something to stop this despot. He has done NOTHING for American freedom, but everything to destroy it. I am sure, someday, we will find out for certain that he never was an American citizen. Remember: Moochie said that the only time she ever felt pride in America was when her husband was elected as president. That about sums up their loyalty to America.

Tennessee representative tells President Obama to 'shove it’

Tennessee State Representative Andy Holt sent a letter to President Obama today, telling him to "take your gun control and shove it."
The aggressive statement comes just after the president’s announcement that he will take executive action to tighten restrictions on gun purchases by implementing more thorough background checks.
Holt, of District 76, cited James Madison’s Federalist Paper #46. In it the founding father said that states have the power to oppose the federal government through legislation. He referenced, for example, HB1341, a policy that bars the State from supporting the enforcement of federal gun control measures.
Holt said the constitutionality of Obama’s actions is irrelevant due to the fact that the president cannot make states enforce federal policy.
“If the feds want to enforce the law, then they can come here and do it themselves,” he said.:grin:

Tennessee representative tells President Obama to ‘shove it’ | Times Free Press

That is very refreshing. I think BO is going to experience more and more resistance to his unconstitutional acts as time goes on. I wonder how much money he has amassed over these 8 years…

So if I decided to sell a gun in my possesion then I have to pay a hefty fee which would stop many gun dealers and private citizens while the criminals buy their weapons straight from the government and illegal sources. Got it

To top it off more background checks which will end up being stymied by the government for political reasons.

Executive orders have the full force of law when they take authority from a legislative power which grants its power directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made pursuant to Acts of Congress that explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power … executive orders are subject to judicial review, and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution.

Most recently we witnessed executive orders issued regarding gay marriage and though nowhere in the Constitution does it specifically outline provisions for gay marriage the SCOTUS still ruled on it which should have never happened and unfortunately ruled in favor of Hussein.

The 2nd amendment is clearly a part of the Constitution and I see him Hussein wanting this to go all the way to the SCOTUS. So far, the Supremes seemed to be ruling in his favor. If this should happen, he will continue to unravel the 2nd amendment and it will be a huge victory for the DEMS.

I’m gonna be practicing my gun control so I’m dead on with the first shot.

Problem for Obama is that all his anti-gun claptrap blew up in his face. He exhorted America to think about gun control, and America responded by making Black Friday the biggest gun sales day in history, and 2015 the biggest gun sales year in history.

Reports from Smith and Wesson and Sturm Ruger are that earnings are exponentially higher…two of my favorite brands.

Smith & Wesson stock is up something like 500% over the time of the Obama presidency.

Obama will never stop as long as the GOP has his back, the GOP is the entity that controls Congress; their refusal to act is their consent and the same is true of the Judicial Branch.

No Americans Rights will ever be secure as long as the Establishment GOP has power.

It’s interesting because 100+ members of Congress enacted a sweeping ban on “assault weapons”, however I find it kinda funny that the Ruger Mini 14 and Mini 30 have both been exempted under the provision (unless they have a folding stock), but the “Pink Camo” REmington 597 .22 rimfire is banned???. Few of you probably know that the Mini 14 was in competition with the M16. Loosing that contract cost Ruger lots of money. Now we all know this legislation is destined for the circular file, but I wonder if this had anything to do reports of increased earnings for Ruger?

Imagine a ban like this was ever enacted how the Mini 14 would experience insatiable demand…

I owned a Mini 14 once. They did ban the high-capacity magazines that were available for it under Bill Clinton’s “assault weapon” (bogus term) ban; all mags of more than ten rounds were banned. Ruger never went back to selling them to private citizens after the ban expired (although aftermarket companies sell them).

I don’t own a Mini 14, but I love the rifle. I used to own an M1 Carbine (mine was made by General Motors) and the Ranch Rifle reminds me a lot of it, in both the way it feels and the action, which I suspect is in some ways descended from the original M1 Garand and by extension the carbine. I currently own an Troy 5.56 AR, and I’m not sure I need two rifles in the same caliber, but I guess there’s always the Mini 30.

My bother was telling me that some Min’s accept AR mags?

I’ve HEARD of the “Mini 14” but I can’t recall ever seeing one. I have an AR-15 myself along with 7 x 30-round mags. It’s fitted with an under-barrel light and a red-dot/green-dot sight. It’s the only one of my guns that I’ve yet to shoot–other than two Mdl 94, Remington, 30-30s, with consecutive serial numbers in their original boxes. They are 1971, Lone Star Commemoratives. One’s a rifle and the other a carbine. I suspect they are worth quite a lot and I’m saving them for my son.