Obama: I Ran So I Could Have 'Men With Guns' Around My Daughters

Obama: I Ran So I Could Have ‘Men With Guns’ Around My Daughters
by Joel B. Pollak

27 Dec 2012, 5:58 AM PDT

President Barack Obama told ABC News’ Barbara Walters that he ran for re-election because he wanted “men with guns” around as his daughters, Malia (14) and Sasha (11), begin dating boys.

The interview was the first that the President and First Lady have given since Obama’s re-election in November. It aired on Nightline on December 26.

In its published highlights, ABC News has drawn attention to the Obamas’ comments about keeping the romance alive in their marriage, yet those remarks were followed by this exchange:

The interview was apparently conducted prior to the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. In her preview of the interview on December 14, which aired on Good Morning America …

Yeah, I can see why the MSM would want to shield Pres. Obama from joking remarks made before they became untimely and inappropriate. And from the obvious fact that Pres. Obama acknowledged the very practical value of the armed protection Ds denigrate and would deny to ordinary school children and citizens generally. Almost anyone here could complete this sentence: If a Republican had said this …".