Obama in 2007: No more spying on citizens who are not suspected of a crime

Obama has been a defender of civil liberties about as much as Bush was a promoter of a “humble foreign policy”.

So in reality, ths is an attack on Bush.

Blasphemy!

Politicians are lying liars. Obama is a lying liar. And this might be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

Remember Joe Wilson’s famous line? “You lied”

Oh man, this whole NSA thing must be tough on guys like you. What’s a hardcore, mainstream Republican to do?

On one hand, you’re chomping at the bit denounce Obama, but on the other, you can’t do it without simultaneously implicating Bush.

Seems like the only solution to this aching, cognitive dissonance by sounding exactly like the very same liberal apologists who can only offer grudging, lukewarm criticism and backpedaling whenever Obama does something that doesn’t mesh with their own principles: “Bush meant well, it was difficult situation… I was always on the fence about The Patriot Act, myself…”

This is not tough on guys like Samspade. Section 215 of the Patriot Act DID NOT legitimately allow NSA to seize 2 million phone records. Instead, the Obama administration abused their power.

So the Bush Administration did not indulge in very same sort of wide net surveillance & collection of communications, and did not abuse power in this regard?

I want you to be *very *clear about this.

How is Bush’s NSA incident in connection to this NSA incident?

Bush wiretapped groups that were not American citizens. The Verison customers were US citizens. That is the distinction between the two incidents.

Well, I have no problem blaming Bush for overreaches. He did. But, he had NO ATTACKs. And as you said, his focus was on overseas communications.
Obama is just a Chicago hypocritical poli-thug who belongs in prison. Better yet, exile. He’s a blatant and lousy liar, an extortionist, criminally negligent, absolutely naive and green, who is a narcissistic self important excuse for a president. He embarrasses me, anytime I have to interact with people from overseas. Mostly, they view him as a joke on the American People.
Anyone who still supports this hack, has oatmeal for brains.

Not to mention, he has notoriously bad breath.

I totally agree. Many believe I have been trying to defend Bush for his overreaches. That is not the case. I just do not believe you can blame Bush for this current NSA incident.

[quote=“StephenGOP, post:12, topic:39739”]
I totally agree. Many believe I have been trying to defend Bush for his overreaches. That is not the case. I just do not believe you can blame Bush for this current NSA incident.
[/quote]Bush’s presidency ended January 2009. EVERYTHING since then, is Obozo’s. That is how history will remember it. 5 years of excessive unemployment. More Food Stamp families than anyone ever. More scandals than ever. More attacks, than ever. Less achievements than ever. More waste than ever. More debt, than ever. More humiliation on the Word Stage, than ever. More corruption than ever. More excuses than ever. Biggest FAILURE, EVER.