Obama Orders Pay Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers

President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.
According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he’ll now make $231,900 per year.
Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

Obama Orders Pay Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers | The Weekly Standard

This is obviously geared to be a slap in the face of everyone while talking about going over the fiscal cliff he shows his disdain for everyone. Obama wants only one thing in this, more taxes and no cut in spending.

In just a few days the new year will be upon us and there will be those who are surprised they too have to pay for Obama’s excesses. Some of those who voted for Obama have been trying to weasel out of paying for the tax increases and the healthcare rules.

[sarcasm] But … but … they’re so awesomely worth it … [/sarcasm]. I’m almost back up to what I was earning in 2001 (in dollars NOT adjusted for inflation!). Three layoffs will do that to a person! I’d love to see charts of the salaries of the POTUS, VPOTUS, members of Congress and Federal bureaucrats! Why do I suspect they’ve never seen a pay cut year in that time?! And bureaucrats would probably have to be clapped in prison for them to be fired or laid off!

It’s all beyond galling, but…

including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

Now, THAT really leaves him a leg to stand on, eh?