Obama paid $400 million in ransom for return of military personnel

SEE Obama paid Iran $400 million ransom for American hostages: report

Tuesday, August 2, 2016
***”
The Obama administration secretly airlifted $400 million in cash to Iran in January at the same time Tehran was releasing four jailed Americans, payment that a top congressional Republican is calling “ransom.”

The Wall Street Journal, citing U.S. and European officials and congressional sources, reported that the administration procured the money from central banks in Switzerland and the Netherlands. The money was stacked on wooden pallets and flown to Tehran in an unmarked cargo plane.”***

Amazing, simply amazing and disgusting that this piece of dirt has not yet been impeached, tried and convicted for his treasonous acts.

JWK

The Obama/Hillary Administration has given aid and comfort to our sworn enemies by releasing them from GITMO

media is not gonna touch this.

OMG he has just made every American in that region a target.

He!!, he’s making us All a target, right here at home, importing un-vetted Syrians!

See my post Caroline.
Surprisingly, one of them is.

I’ll be honest that I didn’t believe a word of this until I saw it’s the Wall Street Journal.

And he has the gall to stand there and say my candidate is “unfit for office.” Fly away Mr President, I hope Fox screams this into a camera for the next week.

FOX is covering it wall to wall. The money our government handed to Tehran was reportedly “laundered” (my description) - it was not dollars - it had been delivered in various foreign currencies, including French francs.

One would have to be simpleminded to conclude the payoff was anything other than ransom. This is yet another outrage in a long list of outrages carried out by this administration.

Once again, repeat after me, “We have a corrupt government”.

[quote=“MDMikeB, post:7, topic:49226”]
FOX is covering it wall to wall. The money our government handed to Tehran was reportedly “laundered” (my description) - it was not dollars - it had been delivered in various foreign currencies, including French francs.

One would have to be simpleminded to conclude the payoff was anything other than ransom. This is yet another outrage in a long list of outrages carried out by this administration.

Once again, repeat after me, “We have a corrupt government”.
[/quote] Since France now uses the Euro, I suspect those were SWISS Francs. And yes, we DO have a corrupt government.

Yes - Swiss francs - I stand corrected. Also euros and other foreign currencies. Reportedly, the cash money was secretly flown on wooden pallets to Tehran.

What a total outrage. Clinton/Obama head the criminal enterprise that serves as our government. How special.

If the GOP stood for America, ObuttBoy would be not just impeached, we are long past that…there should be a knock on the WH door and someone say: Mr President, you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be held against you, you are under arrest, come with us, there will be NO BAIL.

Then as he gets carted off in a prison wagon, someone will wake up Biden and say: Hey YOU, yea, you, Mr Buffoon, you gonna be Queen till someone else gets elected, your boy is not coming back home. Here is your chance to go down in history as one of the better Dims POTUS, so keep your mouth SHUT and do NOTHING till Jan '17.

FOX reported this deal - cash delivered on the same day 4 US hostages were released - took place in January.

It’s now clear that taking US hostages pays. According to FOX, 3 more US hostages have been taken by Iran since this January deal went down.

Kirby: This Was Not Ransom, Just a Coincidence

State Department Spokesman John Kirby appeared on “America’s Newsroom” on Fox News on Tuesday to address rumors that the payment was made in conjunction with the releases. Was the WSJ piece wrong? Bill Hemmer asked.

“Yes, WSJ is wrong,” Kirby said. “It wasn’t ransom.”

Both he and President Obama have talked about it on the record since January, he reminded Hemmer.

“Everyone has been up front and honest about the payment.”

Who are you going to believe, Kirby urged, an unnamed anonymous Iranian defense official - or the White House?

These were two separate processes, he insisted, while acknowledging the “coincidental nature of the timing.”

“They’re grasping at air – it’s not ransom.”

Kirby: This Was Not Ransom, Just a Coincidence - Cortney O’Brien

Here we go folks, it really was not ransom but obama giving money away.

Who are you going to believe, Kirby urged, an unnamed anonymous Iranian defense official - or the White House?

Do I really have to answer that…

Allow me to provide some insight and something I learned over '65-'94 (Civilian, enlisted and officer): There is not such thing as a Coincidence!!!

This issue will get little press time because of the main stream media’s bias, and Donald Trump is an idiot or a traitor. I would be a better presidential candidate than he is. I’m watching. Some people say he is in tank for Hillay. If he keeps doing what he’s doing, I’m going to believe what they are saying.

I think the unnamed anonymous Iranian defense official has the edge in credibility…

Exactly what I meant. I wouldn’t trust this White House to take out my trash.

I don’t think he’d know how. So near as I can tell, he’s never done an honest day’s work in his life.

I wonder how much of this $400 BILLION in unmarked bills will wind up on Obama’s doorstep in a suitcase.

We all know this handover of $400 BILLION fits the pattern of Obama repeatedly giving aid an comfort to terrorists, just like he has been doing by releasing sworn enemies of the United States from GITMO.

JWK

Obama’s mission from the very start has been ___ death to America by a thousand cuts.

While the argument rages regarding the question, was it ransom that was paid to Iran or was it not ransom? - I think the answer is to be found in the answer to a much more basic question:

Would the hostages have been released by Iran IF the $400 million in cash had not been paid??

According to one of the released hostages, the 4 hostages sat on the tarmac in their plane until another plane - apparently with the loot - landed and was unloaded.

It appears Obama might have placed Mexican drug cartel kingpin, el Chapo Guzman, in charge of the administration’s hostage exchange plan. Unmarked cash in various currencies, arriving in the dead of night at a little used airport and on a flight utilizing the services of an unmarked plane. The only cartel modus operandi missing is that the exchange was facilitated without the need to dig a tunnel. I’m kidding about this part, of course.

We have a corrupt government. I’m not kidding about this.