Obama Promises Review Of Regulations

If the FDA deems saccharin safe enough for coffee, then the EPA should not treat it as hazardous waste.
By BARACK OBAMA
JANUARY 18, 2011
For two centuries, America’s free market has not only been the source of dazzling ideas and path-breaking products, it has also been the greatest force for prosperity the world has ever known. That vibrant entrepreneurialism is the key to our continued global leadership and the success of our people.
This is true, of course. But isn’t it amazing that it has taken Mr. Obama so long to acknowledge it?
But throughout our history, one of the reasons the free market has worked is that we have sought the proper balance. We have preserved freedom of commerce while applying those rules and regulations necessary to protect the public against threats to our health and safety and to safeguard people and businesses from abuse.

Obama Promises Review Of Regulations | Sweetness & Light

Although I would not go as far as abolishing the EPA as Ret wants, I believe this behemoth needs to be scaled back and stop the political directives and concentrate on dealing with actual dangers.

Last I heard if one was to look at the regulations from the EPA it would fill a building. The EPA has encroached into things that should never have been subject to their control.

He’s just making a check list to see where he may not have screwed us yet.

Even if he keeps the promise to “review” regulations, it doesn’t mean he’s going to do anything about them.

[quote=“Susanna, post:3, topic:28902”]
Even if he keeps the promise to “review” regulations, it doesn’t mean he’s going to do anything about them.
[/quote]That is true. Knowing Obama and his antics the possibility is more regulations are in the works.