Obama"s war on terror strategy

I am listening to Barack Obama’s presentation of US/Western strategy at the Antalya Summit in Turkey.

His strategy can be summed up very succinctly.

First, give the appearance of taking action - fly a few bombing sorties in the Middle Eastern desert. Second, play “Whack-A-Mole” to take out individuals with our drones. Third, spend $billions to train 5 (yes, 5) Iraqi fighters. Fourth, give lip service to a make believe 58 country coalition. Fifth, after civilians are predictably blown up somewhere and in other ways slaughtered by radical Islamists, such as took place last Friday in Paris, the POTUS shall make a speech “explaining” why more can’t be done, provide platitudes, expressions of anger, promises of resolve while expressing sorrow and solemnly wring his hands.

That’s it. That’s Obama’s path forward to defeat these bastards.

Embarrassing!!

Now back to our regular scheduled program

Regardless. America can lead but without strong local and International support. Ground forces may be needed at some point, they don’t need to be American boots by the way, some would argue (as Rand Paul has stated) that they shouldn’t be American boots. Nation building needs to take flight and those impacted in the region need to do their part. If they aren’t willing to fight for their homelands than nothing anyone does will make a difference. In fact, their inability or lack of will to fight is in some respects passive support for these radicals.

We know he won’t conduct anything more than kabuki theatre on his own. Will France and other allies pressure him into fulfilling his obligations to NATO? France has been engaging ISIS all along.
With all of their current refugee problems will the other European states finally get a backbone?

Saudi & Jordanian & Russian Armor & Ground Troops & Russian Saudi & Jordanian & French & Israeli/American Aripower

Obama’s strategy is for the US to surrender to radical Islam.

Do Liberal American Non-practicing Jewish Women know this ?

Against American-made armor and artillery which the Iraqi troops abandoned to ISIS? The only thing ISIS lacks is airpower. Obama and company keeps air-dropping ammunition and other supplies–which are IMMEDIATELY appropriated by ISIS. If ISIS ever gets it’s hands on US-made warplanes and learns how to USE them, the “coalition” is screwed.

[quote=“Pappadave, post:8, topic:47719”]
Against American-made armor and artillery which the Iraqi troops abandoned to ISIS? The only thing ISIS lacks is airpower. Obama and company keeps air-dropping ammunition and other supplies–which are IMMEDIATELY appropriated by ISIS. If ISIS ever gets it’s hands on US-made warplanes and learns how to USE them, the “coalition” is screwed.
[/quote]Yeah isn’t that kind of strange how that happens? It is like it was planned that way.

WTF you think they could get a few (More than 4) Modern (Newer than 1975 ) Fighter Jets up and arm & maintain them and that would scare 45 Russian 128 Jordanian 146 Saudi 239 Israeli 35 French 71 American Fighter Jets in Striking distance of Isis held areas ?

I’m not advocating nation building - that was Bush’s fatal flaw - or fighting for the Iraqi’s, Syrian’s, Afghani’s or anyone else’s homeland.

I’m talking about ending the talk - the platitudes and meaningless rhetoric by our leadership about seeking “justice” - and moving to kill these bastards in large quantities, blocking their supply lines and blowing up their source of revenue - oil fields and their ability to receive arms.

We don’t have strong backing from many of the nations in the ME because we have demonstrated weak leadership/abandonment/lack of purpose at literally every turn. Obama’s speech today in front of the Antalya Conference supplied yet another example of Obama’s utter bullshit.

In addition, as long as they aren’t producing terrorist thugs I don’t give a damn if the ME countries embrace a democratic model or not. Their form of government is their business.

Agreed (Thus Israel’s business is it’s own , if they want to demolish Attackers homes after the attacks and build walls and populate areas the Arabs claim,and deport families of Israeli Arabs after a family member goes on a killing spree then so be it ,its their business…

Disagree. They have to have a big and obvious place to fly them from, they’ll be detected pretty much as soon as they’re airborne, and a bunch of hamhands learning how to use them (effectively) isn’t even in the picture.