Obama Thinks Boston Bombings Could Be Related to 'Tax Day'

In explaining why President Obama didn’t call the Boston bombings a “terrorist attack,” former adviser David Axelrod said, “I’m sure what was going through the president’s mind is – we really don’t know who did this – it was tax day”:

“The word has taken on a different meaning since 9/11,” Axelrod said of the phrase “terrorist attack.”
“You use those words and it means something very specific in people’s mind. And I’m sure what was going through the president’s mind is – we really don’t know who did this – it was tax day. Was it someone who was pro–you know, you just don’t know. And so I think his attitude is, let’s not put any inference into this, let’s just make clear that we’re going to get the people responsible.”

Axelrod: Obama Thinks Boston Bombings Could Be Related to ‘Tax Day’ | The Weekly Standard
Oh yeah lets make this all about Americans opposing taxes instead of what it really is, an attack on our nation by a terrorists. We can lock this guy up like Fort Hood and call it work place violence.

Remember folks this administration has been the most transparent than anyone. Yeah outright crooks.

This is the way of blaming the Tea Party without directly making the claim.

[quote=“Conservative_Libertarian, post:2, topic:39098”]
This is the way of blaming the Tea Party without directly making the claim.
[/quote]Bingo

You guys are reading into that quite a bit…

I just love how, since it’s inception, the Tea Party has been blamed for every shooting or bombing in the US. But somehow, these killers are never affiliated with the movement.

The recent history of the wrongful villification of the Tea Party justifies such suspicions.

Is that right? I don’t think they have been blamed at all. Ft. Hood- people blame Muslims, school shootings are just crazy people (or if you’re a conspiracy theorist then it was the government). What attacks have been blamed on the Tea Party? Also, you can’t blame attacks on the Tea Party, you can blame attacks on a person from the Tea Party but if you blame the whole party then you are saying it was a sanctioned attack from the party itself. I don’t think anyone is that stupid to think that.

One veteran Democratic operative, who blames overheated rhetoric for the shooting, said President Barack Obama should carefully but forcefully do what his predecessor did.

“They need to deftly pin this on the tea partiers,” said the Democrat. “Just like the Clinton White House deftly pinned the Oklahoma City bombing on the militia and anti-government people.”

BREAKING: DEMOCRATS PLOTTED TO BLAME TEA PARTY FOR SLAUGHTER! | The Gateway Pundit
Limbaugh, Tea Party, & Guns Already Blamed for Colo. Theater Shooting (And Wait Until You See What ABC Did) | Video | TheBlaze.com
Wolf Blitzer blames tea party for Boston Marathon explosions | Fire Andrea Mitchell!
Colorado shooting: ABC News draws possible James Holmes tea party connection - POLITICO.com
PICKET: Media finds way to blame tea party for another violent tragedy - Washington Times
Media must stop falsely accusing the Tea Party every time tragedy strikes | Fox News
NRA, Republicans, Tea-Party and Christians get blamed for Sikh Temple shooting on Twitter (as usual) - | Fire Andrea Mitchell!
http://www.political-analysis.com/images/Obama_Myths_and_Talking_Points_Part_III_Tea_Party_Terrorists.pdf
Prison Planet.com » Corporate Media Blames Kamikaze Attack On Tea Parties

People in the media always claim that these attacks are motivated by “right-wing rhetoric.”

Now that’s some good historical evidence that will be ignored.

Yeah, but it only took two minutes of my life to prove a point.

And some more good historical evidence we should all keep in mind in the days ahead. Remember Richard Jewel, the security guard wrongly accused of the Atlanta Oylmpic bombings for years while ACTUALLY being a hero??

"Eric Robert Rudolph has never apologized to Jewell. Nor, for that matter, have the people of Georgia who spat on him. All Of Us.

If the FBI, and CNN, and NBC, and the New York Post, and the Atlanta Journal Constitution, and All Of Us, could get the Atlanta bombing so tragically wrong in 1996, they, and we, can do it today. In the days to come, it would behoove All Of Us to take what the FBI, and CNN, and NBC, and the New York Post, and their ilk, have to say about suspects and motives with a grain of salt.

Lest we find outselves owing someone a Richard Jewell-sized apology.

Perhaps the best apology we, All Of Us, can give to Richard Jewell is to be a little more skeptical of what we’re told by the FBI, and CNN, and NBC, and the New York Post, and the Atlanta Journal Constitution, and their ilk.

It will do Richard Jewell no good whatsoever, but it will make All Of Us better citizens." More here:

Richard Jewell Cannot Accept Our Apology | Popehat

It feels a bit weird being something like a voice of sanity (or trying to be), but keep in mind that this was David Axelrod, not BHO, and Axelrod was speculating, not referencing an actual conversation. Is Axelrod’s speculation credible? Yes. OTOH, BHO’s thinking might have been about his next trip to the local gourmet burger joint or next fund-raiser speech or frustration that his phone calls to lobby for anti-gun legislation were interrupted or Vay-Cay plans or …

The response that I hear to you post is crickets.

I posted my “cricket” over here, though I don’t think I was among those on your mind when you posted that.

LOL no, but you can play too!