Obama "We need to export more jobs"

Since Obama came into office in January 2009 the US has suffered a loss of 1.3 million jobs.
http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jobs-change-Disability-Food-Stamps-2-e1348546438318.png
More Americans were put on food stamps.
And yet he has the nerve to attack Mitt Romney on jobs?

Remember this is the same guy who has given money to foreign concerns to exploit their resources and hire people while working to handicap businesses here.

[quote=“samspade, post:1, topic:36321”]
Since Obama came into office in January 2009 the US has suffered a loss of 1.3 million jobs.
http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/jobs-change-Disability-Food-Stamps-2-e1348546438318.png
More Americans were put on food stamps.
And yet he has the nerve to attack Mitt Romney on jobs?

Remember this is the same guy who has given money to foreign concerns to exploit their resources and hire people while working to handicap businesses here.
[/quote] What are you on about? Mittens made a large chunk of his money gutting manufacturing jobs across the US and shipping them overseas.

[quote=“OldStyleBlues, post:2, topic:36321”]
What are you on about? Mittens made a large chunk of his money gutting manufacturing jobs across the US and shipping them overseas.
[/quote]Ah the Obama supporter steps forward. Show me where I support Rommey anywhere

[quote=“samspade, post:3, topic:36321”]
Ah the Obama supporter steps forward. Show me where I support Rommey anywhere
[/quote] Ok fair enough. Just remember that both D’s and R’s are notorious for moving American jobs overseas. It’s all money.

Although the GOP is the worse of the two. Case in point back in July when they put the Kabash on the Dem’s Anti-outsourcing bill.

haha Obama gaffe that the media doesn’t report?

But to his credit he did catch himself and turned it around. He’s an expert at doing that at least. Hey, we’ve found something he’s good at!

Yes because it was clearly the GOP in the White-house since 2009 that accounts for the 1.4M jobs lost.

[quote=“Dacabeti, post:7, topic:36321”]
Yes because it was clearly the GOP in the White-house since 2009 that accounts for the 1.4M jobs lost.
[/quote] For the last decade, Republicans have fought to keep, and even expand, corporate tax loopholes that reward outsourcing of American jobs and hurt American families and the economy. Since taking control of the House in 2011, Republicans have voted:

For the GOP Job Outsourcers’ Bill of Rights that makes it easier for corporations to send American jobs overseas and weakens the rights of middle class workers – allowing employers to relocate their operations to punish employees for exercising their rights to organize, demand better benefits and safer working conditions, and ensure a full day’s pay for an honest day’s work. [Vote 711, 9/15/11, AFL-CIO]

Against the Democratic budget that rewards companies that choose to invest in or bring back jobs to America with a 20 percent tax credit, eliminates tax advantages for companies moving jobs overseas, as proposed by President Obama, and closes loopholes that allow businesses to avoid taxes by sheltering earnings in foreign tax havens. [Vote 150, 3/29/12]

Against considering the Bring Jobs Home Act – the President’s proposal to reward companies that choose to invest in or bring back jobs to America with a 20 percent tax credit, and to eliminate tax advantages for companies moving jobs overseas. [The Record, Vote 456, 7/10/12]

Against stopping businesses that outsource American jobs from receiving a 20 percent business tax deduction. [Times Republican, Vote 176, 4/19/12]

Against stopping companies that ship jobs overseas from taking advantage of the repeal of the medical device tax. [Vote 360, 6/7/12]

Against ending government contracts that reward corporations that ship American jobs overseas. [Release, Vote 19, 1/25/11]

Against considering the U.S. Call Center Worker and Consumer Protection Act to help revitalize a U.S. call center industry that has lost over 500,000 jobs just in the past six years. The measure includes incentives to reduce outsourcing by requiring call centers to notify the Secretary of Labor at least 120 days before relocating outside of the U.S., and giving preference in contracts to employers who keep their call centers at home. [Paramus Post, Vote 381, 6/19/12]

Against a measure that places a priority on keeping jobs in America, protecting the authority of the National Labor Relations Board to order an employer to maintain or restore jobs in the U.S. that would otherwise be outsourced to a foreign country. [Vote 710, 9/15/11]

Against a measure to discourage outsourcing by denying the underlying bill’s pro-corporation election rules for companies that ship American jobs overseas and leveling the playing field for workers in union elections. [Vote 868, 11/30/11]

Against an effort to require work performed under intelligence contracts be first provided to U.S. companies and workers, and not outsourced to foreign-owned companies. [Release, Vote 300, 5/31/12]

Against a measure to encourage that oil and gas leases be awarded to companies that avoid outsourcing American jobs and that use U.S.-made materials. [Release, Vote 409, 6/21/12]

Against a measure to ensure that mining companies that receive American permits for mineral exploration not outsource American jobs and make a good faith effort to purchase American mining equipment. [Release, Vote 467, 7/12/12]

Against a measure to help close overseas tax havens by giving the Treasury Department greater powers to investigate offshore tax abuses and crack down on offenders and banks that aid them, which could reduce the deficit by as much as nearly $1 billion. [Vote 344, 6/6/12]

2001-2010

From 2007-2010, Republicans voted eleven times to:

Protect tax breaks for corporations that ship American jobs overseas.

Protect off-shore tax havens for corporations and the wealthiest Americans.

Protect tax loopholes for CEOs’ deferred compensation paid by off-shore companies, foreign tax haven corporations dodging U.S. taxes, and Americans who renounce their citizenship.

These tax breaks cost American taxpayers over $60 billion

Under President Bush, Republicans voted 8 times to expand tax breaks for outsourcing and protect offshore tax havens. The Republicans:

Enacted legislation to provide $42 billion in tax breaks for offshore operations of U.S. corporations, encouraging the shipping of U.S. jobs overseas.

Voted to protect tax shelters for corporations relocating overseas to avoid paying taxes.

Voted to protect government contracts for these corporate expatriates.

Voted against help for workers whose jobs were outsourced and against even a study on outsourcing of U.S. jobs.

Oh I got it you buy that line that letting the Bush tax CUTS expire for everyone is lowering taxes on the middle class, and extending the Bush tax cuts for everyone is raising the taxes on the middle class. I ahve to hand it to you people that go for that Democrat math, you take diffusional to an entirely new level.

The proof is in the pudding. How they voted is public record.

What pork was attached to those bills? I for one love when any politician votes against ANY bill that has pork attached. Adding pork to a bill is a dishonest way to get legislation passed, just as claiming they “hate kids” or want to push old women off cliffs in a wheelchair, or any number of other dumbass lies the left has come up with when a bill is defeated because of the ridiculous pork that gets added when it has nothing to do with the original bill. You should go back to DU and the DailyKOS, they’ll buy this crap you’re peddling; I see you for the dishonest twit you are.

[quote=“Dacabeti, post:11, topic:36321”]
What pork was attached to those bills? I for one love when any politician votes against ANY bill that has pork attached. Adding pork to a bill is a dishonest way to get legislation passed, just as claiming they “hate kids” or want to push old women off cliffs in a wheelchair, or any number of other dumbass lies the left has come up with when a bill is defeated because of the ridiculous pork that gets added when it has nothing to do with the original bill. You should go back to DU and the DailyKOS, they’ll buy this crap you’re peddling; I see you for the dishonest twit you are.
[/quote] Oh please Republicans have long subscribed to the misguided notion that our national job creation strategy should be as follows: subsidize foreign investment and foreign jobs of multinational corporations, cross your fingers, and hope that jobs trickle back to the United States. This, along with tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, left American workers and our economy in tatters. The Bush Administration and Congressional Republicans long supported incentives for shipping American jobs overseas, while voting against cracking down on off-shore tax shelters.

:coffee_spray:

Wow, what a reach. I guess having misinformation as the basis of opinions about economic policy is the trendy thing these days.

GOOD GRIEF, that DimO Kook Aid will rot your teeth.

Lets see, how about we give money by the WH/bammy to other countries to DRILL FOR OIL so we can buy it from them…ooops

But lets give exporting jobs a look:

We really have to catagories of exporting of jobs.

1. When the feds give money or policy to move jobs outside the US

2. When I as a corp CEO make a decision to outsource for the betterment of my corp and profitability

So we have some really BIG differences here. One done by govt, the other done by corp decisions based upon financial and other reasons.

That said out sourcing is a dangerous game that should ONLY be played by ALL of corp mgt, CPA’s, lawyers and extensively investigated before jumping on the bandwagon. Its not free, cheap or easy and often NOT profitable in the long run. You may remember a few years ago the rush to move IT to India etc. I was Sr VP at a corp and my CEO made the decision to outsource our/my IT,which was the bulk of the company. I did due diligence and came to him with a resound NO. I could not make a financial case for it when all was applied. Of course all he saw was the bottom line in the it APPEARED to be cheaper. I tried to explain to him that he and his outside CPA was not considering all costs and my number, which were very detailed, were dead on. Short term maybe we could save money the first year but then it began to fall off quite rapidly. Of note my job was NOT in jeopardy.

I ended up quitting over it, he did rehire a VP IT/CTO, dismissed the IT staff and outsourced…less than 2 yr later he and the entire senior staff was fired for this and other stupid decisions. The corp was merged with another one.

Out sourcing can be a winner, best example: Harbor Freight and its impact upon the high end tool business. Prices have plunged and quality and technology has put our high end tools as some of the very best int he world.

I love capitalism and when the feds do not get too involved nothing but the best comes to market at the best price possible and all win.