Obama's ring: 'There is no god but Allah'

Obama ‘thinks rule of Islamic law good thing’

WORLDNETDAILY — The director of Jihad Watch, a program of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, said that should the ring on Barack Obama’s finger prove to include an inscription of an Islamic prayer, it could explain his foreign policy attitudes and actions regarding freedom in the Middle East**… (more)

Obama’s ring: ‘There is no god but Allah’

WORLDNETDAILY — As a student at Harvard Law School, then-bachelor Barack Obama’s practice of wearing a gold band on his wedding-ring finger puzzled his colleagues…Now, newly published photographs of Obama from the 1980s show that the ring Obama wore on his wedding-ring finger as an unmarried student is the same ring Michelle Robinson put on his finger at the couple’s wedding ceremony in 1992.
Moreover, according to Arabic-language and Islamic experts, the ring Obama has been wearing for more than 30 years is adorned with the first part of the Islamic declaration of faith, the Shahada: “There is no god except Allah.”

[

[URL=“http://www.republicanoperative.com/files/2012/10/OBAMA-RING-closeup-12-clear-photo-as-president.jpg”]](http://www.republicanoperative.com/files/2012/10/OBAMA-RING-closeup-12-clear-photo-as-president.jpg) Inscription on Obama’s ring

The Shahada is the first of the Five Pillars of Islam, expressing the two fundamental beliefs that make a person a Muslim: There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is Allah’s prophet.
Sincere recitation of the Shahada is the sole requirement for becoming a Muslim, as it expresses a person’s rejection of all other gods.
Egyptian-born Islamic scholar Mark A. Gabriel, Ph.D., examined photographs of Obama’s ring at WND’s request and concluded that the first half of the Shahada is inscribed on it.
“There can be no doubt that someone wearing the inscription ‘There is no god except Allah’ has a very close connection to Islamic beliefs, the Islamic religion and Islamic society to which this statement is so strongly attached,” Gabriel told WND.

**(more)

The lord of Obama’s ring

[SIZE=2]JOSEPH FARAH — Let’s face it. What we don’t know about Barack Obama could fill volumes. Yet, here he is after spending four years in the White House and facing re-election – still an enigma. It’s not just Obama’s tendency toward secrecy and control of information that is at fault. It’s also a deep, deep institutional problem within the media – both the big corporate press and the so-called alternative press… (more)

**[/SIZE][HR][/HR]

That is a really bad Photoshop hack job.

These are two articles from the same source - WorldNetDaily - essentially about the same topic, so I merged them.

I don’t care much either way, C1, but the only thing that seems odd to me about the pic seems explainable as the ring slipping a little toward the finger knuckle, the pinkie being spread slightly from the ring finger and a camera angle that sees the side of the ring finger. I can duplicate the effect I’m referring to with my wedding ring, though turning my hand to get the correct viewing angle isn’t easy (an anatomical issue). Obama could be a Marinaran Pastafarian for all I care. It’s his policies foreign and domestic that matter.

Another world nut daily exclusive. :eek:

Snopes has it covered and a MUCH better photo for the tin foil hat crowd.

snopes.com: Obama’s Wedding Ring

There are some very good and decent people who post/work at WND. And some who are pretty far “out there”. I wish that either Farah would clean house, if he can recognize the problem, or the decent people would move on to the saner climes like American Thinker or Breitbart.com or PJ Media. There was a time when I respected and appreciated WND; nowadays (and for many years) if I see a story on WND, I look for other coverage to confirm what WND claims. And if it’s a story I post here or elsewhere, I use the confirming source article.

The ring … I prefer plain, but Snopes’ better pic and the pic in the WND articles are consistent. IMO, the “inscription” is just a decorative loop pattern. And the WND pic is not photoshopped, just lower resolution and people who “see” an “inscription”, IMO, are affected by the resolution, incidental light, shadow & reflections (which can make accurately seeing a smooth, shiny, reflective surface surprisingly difficult and dubious - BTDT got a drawer-full of T-shirts) and their own expectations.

IN the earlier years of the internet, WND was a good and solid source. They were excellent in their coverage of Family rights issues and staying on top of the expansion of Hiterly’s Village. But, in recent years, I have come to the same assessment of them that you provided.

Back in the late 90s, Drudge was limited and had more original content, I don’t think American Thinker was around, Andrew Breitbart’s sites were far in the future, as was PajamasMedia (PJMedia). All that balanced the partisan MSM back then on the Internet were WND, CapitolHillBlue (since gone fruitcake, IMO), Reagan.com (then the site for Michael Reagan’s radio show) and the Washington Times. The News & Info Landscape have changed enormously in the past 15 years or so.

I don’t see it. It just looks like a typical serpentine patterns that is on many rings.

Yup…comes down to who are ya gonna believe…World Nut Daily OR your lying eyes!! :smiley:

OK If it’s not Arabic what is it??? What does it really mean?

I see snopes debunking the Muslim claim but going no further in its research about what is actually on the ring! Inquiring minds would like to know.

They did. It’s a bunch of loops. It’s at the bottom of the page.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/graphics/obamaring2.jpg

wow seriously??? A bunch a loops…I want background or any information about the design. Why the heck would he get a design with a bunch a loops. That’s gota have a story behind it. I’m shocked that your not more curious. If anything it is very likely that he could have gotten it in Indonesia.

The ring has got to have a past!

This seems like sarcasm…but I can’t quite tell…

My question is WHY??? You waste a whole thread on a ring one can barely make out and for what? I could care less what the king of inept has on his finger, and more of what more he has in store for America.

I exchanged e-mails with the Grand PITA of the North American Pastafarians, and he informed me that the pattern on the ring signifies that the wearer is an initiate in the Marinaran Mysteries of the Pastafarian religion.

I’m moving this to the Conspiracy Corner forum. Should something substantial come out, it can be moved back to a News forum.

Yeah, you don’t care, but there are MANY weak minded people who will.

I work with Photoshop a lot and this is an easy fake to spot.

I disagree…Obama is of the Bolognese persuasion! :smiley:

Whether or not the ring, pic or story is real, its of no matter, fact is bamm is a Muslim and that is what he believes and in bammy case, the following applies 100%:

“What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say”

Ralph Waldo Emerson