Ohio abortion facility shut down by state health inspectors

Ohio abortion facility shut down by state health inspectors
by Thaddeus Baklinski
Thu Apr 25, 2013 14:57 EST

CUYAHOGA FALLS, OH, April 25, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A northeastern Ohio abortion facility was ordered to stop operations after it failed a state health and safety inspection, Ohio Right to Life has reported.

The Ohio Department of Health issued an order prohibiting the Capital Care Network abortion facility, located at 2127 State Rd in Cuyahoga Falls, from providing any medical services.

According to the Ohio Department of Health’s inspection report, investigators conducted an inspection on February 14 and found numerous violations, ranging from using unqualified and untrained staff, failure to maintain a safe and sanitary environment, failure to maintain patient documentation, failure to perform required staff TB screening, and using patients’ blood as controls for Rh tests without their knowledge or consent.

Dozens of other operational and medical violations were documented.

The abortion facility’s Ohio State Board of Pharmacy and DEA licenses were expired, according to a Toledo Blade report.

The closure came on the heels of an announcement that the Toledo Women’s Center abortion facility, also run by the Capital Care Network, has been operating illegally.

TWC lost its transfer agreement with the local hospital last month when University of Toledo President Lloyd Jacobs announced that he would not renew the agreement.

Ohio Department of Health regulations require all ambulatory surgical facilities, including abortion clinics, to have a transfer agreement with a hospital that can accept patients in an emergency. However, local media reports say that the Toledo Women’s Center is still in operation without this agreement.

First in PA, then in DE, now OH - how many more shoes are there that might drop? How many “reputable” abortuaries have, well, filth in their closets? In how many more states will discoveries be made that evidence regulatory neglect and regulators being buddy-buddy with abortuaries?

I’m not certain of this, but it looks like this inspection was not due to a patient report. So the initiative was from the OH DoH. OTOH, I’m not sure if the kind of problems found are the kind of thing that would happen quickly. So I wonder how long it was since the abortuary was last inspected. Also, the Gosnell mess was revealed in 2010, but this facility didn’t see a need to clean up their act? Might that suggest something about the diligence of OH DoH bureaucrats, until very recently at least?

I suspect most, if not all, do. I wouldn’t be surprised if what Gosnell did is “standard” for abortion clinics.

Planned Parenthood is a house of cards, supported by lies and money. They probably bribe the local health inspectors all over the country.

I’m not ready to go that far - in either direction. Not because I think either improbable, but because I wait for evidence. The other side of the coin for me is that I’m pretty sure that Gosnell (in PA), that clinic in DE and this clinic (maybe its entire network of clinics?) in OH are not the only minor and major Hell-Hole abortuaries in the US. I don’t have evidence for that either, but human nature is pretty consistent. As to bribery, I doubt it’s anywhere near common. Who needs bribery when the chumminess comes naturally and/or is imposed from above?