Oil is now over $100 a barrel

I looked up what they call a barrel and it is a 42 gal barrel. Prices on gas have risen to $3.00 or higher depending where you are in the nation and will go higher now that oil is etching back up to levels where we were paying$4.00 a gal.

Meanwhile Obama has refused to allow drilling and even has taken steps to put more land off bounds for exploration. Alternative energy sources are slow and inefficient and have to be supplemented with oil.

I was reading an article earlier about a wind mill that could only get half of their energy sold to a company and the other half there were no takers. The one power company in the area said that they could buy energy cheaper than what this windmill wanted to provide.

Is it possible that it’s 42 Imperial gallons? That sounds about right for 55 U.S. gallons.

When Reagan was POTUS, homelessness was discovered and revealed to be a national crisis; when WJC became POTUS, homelessness disappeared in january, 1993 … from newspapers and news broadcasts.

When G. W. Bush was POTUS, $100/bbl oil and >$3.00/gal. gas were a national scandal and crisis; under BHO, no problem!

But, yeah, BHO didn’t let the Gulf Oil Spill go to waste.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:3, topic:28661”]
When Reagan was POTUS, homelessness was discovered and revealed to be a national crisis; when WJC became POTUS, homelessness disappeared in january, 1993 … from newspapers and news broadcasts.

When G. W. Bush was POTUS, $100/bbl oil and >$3.00/gal. gas were a national scandal and crisis; under BHO, no problem!

But, yeah, BHO didn’t let the Gulf Oil Spill go to waste.
[/quote]I was just reading where the government can find no oil on the floor of the ocean left over from the spill while private experts say just the opposite.

Researchers Discover Thick Layers Of Oil On Ocean*Floor - News - Talk Radio News Service: News, Politics, Media

Shouldn’t Chuckles Schumer be ranting in front of a gas station again about now???

a wind mill that could only get half of their energy sold to a company and the other half there were no takers.

Wind mills are about as big a hoax as global warming. When I go to Atlantic City, the wind mills in the ocean are always at a stand still. What a waste of money and I’ll bet it’s mostly government money.

Wind mills were a boondoggle in the 1970s and they’re not substantially better today.