Okay. Put up or shut up. NAME your candidate and tell us why.

I’ve already been called ignorant and uninformed because I support Donald Trump. Those who have called me that haven’t offered anything but childish snipes at everything I’ve typed. This thread is NOT about that and I’m not going to respond to anyone who wants to start yet another flame war.

Very simple. If you support Donald Trump, cool. If you DON’T support him, you either have another Republican candidate you support or you want Hillary elected. Here is where you put up or shut up.

NAME YOUR CANDIDATE. And that name has to be based on what he/she stands for, NOT just because in your opinion he/she is better than Trump. Bush43 was better than Clinton. Dole was better than Clinton. McCain was better than Obama. Romney was better than Obama. Guess who America got stuck with. So you have to name the REASONS why you can’t wait to go out and pull the lever for that candidate.

I’ll go first.

Obviously from my avatar, the star of The Apprentice is my choice. Let me count the ways:

1. The economy: Trump will do the things business-wise that are necessary to expand the jobs market. (Of course, he already has created more jobs than all Democrat presidents in the last century combined, so that should qualify him over the Democrat wannabes.)

You ask WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS. Fair question:

a. Carl Ichan put in charge of China. That gets us a better deal from that country right off the bat. China is a HUGE market for goods and services. Why could that market before goods and services made in America? Ichan can make it happen or THE DONALD can use a little legislative muscle to make them play ball.

b. Ending corporate inversion. Lower taxes on corporations here and they don’t move overseas to save on taxes. We have the highest corporate tax in the world. Bringing those companies home is an instant injection of trillions of dollars in our economy and in the federal budget.

c. Ending Obamacare. It is a job killer and a budget buster. It costs a fortune and it is costing jobs. Wipe it out and companies start hiring again.

1. Illegal Immigration: It is costing this country TRILLIONS of dollars in welfare costs, health care costs, justice system costs, etc and it is making our elections less and less constitutional. There is a flood of drugs coming in the southern border. Trump will build a wall and that stops. Mexico will pay for the wall. I believe they will give him a check, but if they don’t he can get it out of increased fees for goods coming across the border. He can have that money in no time. After building the wall, he will get rid of the illegal alien CRIMINALS, the rapists, murderers, drug dealers. They are the first to go. This also will include the illegal alien inner city gangs. He will also defund Sanctuary cities, which are where a lot of illegals are. Don’t worry, he’ll have enough Republican votes in Congress for that.

2. Health care. Ending Obamacare by itself would be the most positive thing by itself. But Trump has had enough experience in dealing with insurance companies to know that federal and state law gives them a monopoly in the states that probably is in violation of the Sherman Act. He would be able to FORCE insurance companies to compete across state lines rather than have their own turf per state. Economics 101, healthy competition ALWAYS makes the price come down. He has other plans as well, including medical savings accounts. In this, he would be foolish not to put Vice President Ben Carson in charge of overseeing that bill for Congress.

3. Middle East. Trump will take us into Iraq to TAKE THE OIL. Period. We earned it. It’s ours. Our soldiers have died for it. Right now ISIS is using it to finance their war. Cut them off. Sell that oil to pay us back for the expenses involved with saving that country’s ass earlier on. It’s only fair.

4. Other foreign policy. Trump is on a first name basis with the most powerful leaders in the most powerful countries in the world. No other candidate in the race can say that.

5. Getting Congress to play ball: VERY easy. Trump will have agendas that BOTH parties will jump at the chance to support. For the threat of tariffs aimed at Mexico and China, he’ll get union leaders to FORCE Democrats in Congress to go along with it. For getting rid of Obamacare, he’ll have 100 percent of Republicans wanting that. Plus, remember that Trump KNOWS all the big money lobbyists who contributed to every Congressman. He’ll get his way.

Those are the important issues. The Economy, Ending Obamacare, Illegal Immigration, Middle East, Other foreign policy, Getting Congress to play ball.

Don’t argue those points. I’ll just ignore those posts.

How will YOUR candidate stack up? On those issues, where does YOUR candidate stand and how will he/she be able to accomplish that?

Go.

It’s too early, and no I won’t shut up. A lot can happen between now and the Primaries.

Mine isn’t until June next year.

So you DON’T have a candidate?
If nothing else, I appreciate your honesty.

I don’t have one yet, either. Too early.
I do want an outsider, I do know that much.

I PROMISE I’m not trying to be a smart ass by asking you this. So don’t take it the wrong way.

There have been three debates. Each candidate has had a LOT of air time, especially on FoxNews. They all have websites with their views on ever issue. Of course, Trump is probably the most open book because the TV cameras follow him when he goes to take a dump. He’s on everybody’s mind. He has had millions of dollars of exposure and it has cost him jet fuel.

So what is it you don’t know about these candidates? If it’s too early (and AGAIN I’m not attacking you or even trying to be a smartass) what can you possibly learn in the next few months that you don’t know now?

Okay, I can even answer that one: The candidates at the bottom of the barrel can run out of funding and decide to suspend their campaigns. Some of them might even utter a gaffe that costs them polling points. (Jeb is particularly susceptible to this.) But other than that, no candidate right now jumps out at you other than the anti-establishment types (Trump, Carson, Fiorina, I’ll include Cruz because of the stuff he’s done in the Senate.)?

If it sounds like I have jumped on the Trump bandwagon the day he announced, there might be some truth to that. I’ve watched the last couple of elections where the Republican candidate was so beaten up and so pussy whipped that he was indistinguishable with his opponent. I’ve watched the Republican establishment take control of Congress and act like scared mice whenever Obama looked at them wrong.

And I saw ALL the pundits declare Trump’s candidacy over after the first week with all those remarks he made about Mexico and illegal aliens. Not only did it not knock him down, he gained strength from it.

I suppose that’s just me.

It seems you are about Iraq. Halliburton left there in 2007, and it looks like you don’t know why.

Other companies of ours are still there. Doubt they’re getting much done.

Also, “corporate inversion”? If a company wants to put a factory overseas that’s their business. Taxing them 20% for doing that is BS, and pretends that there’s never a practical reason for doing it.

because I support Donald Trump. Those who have called me that haven’t offered anything but childish snipes at everything I’ve typed.

No, it’s because you insist Trump is the only viable candidate, and that supporting any other is the same as voting for Hillary.

You constantly get in our faces to shout that we just “don’t get it”, when we actually do, and are just irritated with your argumentation.

If it was Carl Icahn and not Trump I believe I would have no problem voting for him. At least Icahn acts like an adult.

I said I wasn’t going to argue my points. The whole idea of this thread is for you to put up YOUR CANDIDATE and be honest about why. All I did was list MY candidate and the reasons why I support him.

You have to put up YOUR candidate and list the reasons you support him. That’s the thread.

Changing the subject is very childish.

Like I said in the first post, this is not about arguing for Trump. I said put up YOUR candidate and list the reasons why. I did that with my candidate and I stipulated that I would not be arguing the points I made about him.

You have to put up YOUR candidate, same thing. And quit trying to change the subject.

Also, “corporate inversion”? If a company wants to put a factory overseas that’s their business. Taxing them 20% for doing that is BS, and pretends that there’s never a practical reason for doing it.

Concur. Whatever talking-points epithet one applies to it, companies that “off-shore” their manufacturing do so to stay competitive, not for “corporate greed” (Welcome to Stereotypeville in the Great State of Talking Points!). Were Apple or HP or Dell or … forced to do all their manufacturing in the US, they would all be in the same state, bankruptcy! and guess what? Those who have their manufacturing done in China would be picking their teeth after eating Apple’s or HP’s or Dell’s or … etc.'s lunch!

Or maybe, instead of sitting still and going bankrupt, Apple, HP, Dell, and etc. will just move their entire company out of the US, taking all those manglement, marketing, and engineering jobs out of the US. Brilliant! And if the US government retaliates further, Apple, HP, Dell, and etc. will cease selling in the US, and maybe still go out of business. And all those jobs that were in the US - in the present time real world, Apple’s manglement, marketing, and engineering jobs are so numerous that Cupertino has been nicknamed “Appletino” - will still be gone, permanently! Brilliant!

The tighter government squeezes - taxes and regulations - the faster and farther government’s targets flee. “Simple solutions” like an off-shoring tax and/or regs are simplistic to the point of stupidity, and solve nothing! Could it be … just maybe … that existing taxes and regs are one of the greater causes of companies’ off-shoring for the sake of survival?!

[quote=“reason10, post:9, topic:47599”]
Like I said in the first post, this is not about arguing for Trump. I said put up YOUR candidate and list the reasons why. I did that with my candidate and I stipulated that I would not be arguing the points I made about him. You have to put up YOUR candidate, same thing. And quit trying to change the subject.
[/quote]I don’t have to do anything but I will say that whereas I was worried that Cruz could not win I’m not as worried about that now so he’s my first followed by anyone but Trump. The reasons for supporting Cruz are obvious and don’t really need rehashing. He’s the real deal with a record to back it up. It does’t matter much what I think though. By the time I vote it’s already over in the primaries.

That’s pretty much the boat I’m in too, and once the General rolls around, it doesn’t matter which R is running, this state will go to the D anyway.

About the only reason for me to bother to vote is because of other issues on the ballot. I see these elections as more of a long drawn out spectator sport than actually being able to effect change.

A fellow Californian? Or another state with a late primary?

Two things to remember when national-level, non-Californian pols visit CA:

• CA’s primary is in June and almost never relevant to selecting Presidential candidates (it may have been relevant in 1980, for the Rs);

• In general elections, few state or national offices are actually “in play”;

IOW, when a national-level, non-Californian pol visits CA, (s)he is just visiting the political ATM.

[quote=“PeteS_in_CA, post:13, topic:47599”]
A fellow Californian? Or another state with a late primary?Two things to remember when national-level, non-Californian pols visit CA:* CA’s primary is in June and almost never relevant to selecting Presidential candidates (it may have been relevant in 1980, for the Rs);* In general elections, few state or national offices are actually “in play”;IOW, when a national-level, non-Californian pol visits CA, (s)he is just visiting the political ATM.
[/quote]North Carolina. I don’t resent it. By the time of our primary I get to see the one who fought his way to the top and if he/she is not satisfactory there’s always the down ballot.

Ted Cruz. His positions are based in Constitutional Conservatism. From the Constitutional aspect, he is the smartest of the Republican candidates. His positions are the closest to Reagan which is what we need to counter 8 years of 0bama’s lawlessness. His positions are well stated on his site. for those hat say that he is unelectable–the same was said of Reagan. Therefore, you are wrong.

At this time, I would accept a Trump nomination if he were to choose Cruz for VP or Attorney General.

So I take it you have no other candidate?

That’s what this thread is about. You don’t like Trump, PUT UP YOUR OWN DAMNED CANDIDATE and tell us why. And quit trying to change the subject.

So you’re in the Cruz column. His actions in the Senate are your reasons for this.

Good enough.

Okay. We now have TWO for Cruz. Everyone else seems to be all over the place.

So far, we only have TWO posters who have picked a candidate that isn’t Trump. The rest have tried to change the subject.

See how hard this is? It’s easy to go along with the politically correct crowd until you have to actually decide something and give a reason for it.

I haven’t picked a candidate yet. My primary isn’t until June so in all likelihood my primary vote will be meaningless. I will vote for a non-Washington-Establishment candidate who has the best chance of winning the nomination. If there are several of them still in the race, I will vote for the one who is most likely to win the general election. As of today, I would rank my preferences:

1. Fiorina
  2. Cruz
  3. Trump
  4. Carson

By the way, in some of the other innumerable Trump threads you have maintained that Trump won the last debate based on online polls; also that Ron or Rand Paul never won any polls. I would point out that Ron Paul won many online polls in the last election. Online polls are close to meaningless.