One killed in Egypt as Christian mourners clash with police, mob

Hundreds of angry Egyptian Christians have gathered at the main Coptic Orthodox cathedral in Cairo for the funeral of four fellow Christians killed in weekend clashes with Muslims. …<label class=“uiButton” id=“u_2b_0” for=“u_2b_1”></label>One killed in Egypt as Christian mourners clash with police, mob | Fox News

Obama spent $200 million in aid to Morsi’s election as the imperial bully pulpit once again had been involved in another country’s affairs in the name of so called democracy. Since then, atrocities against Coptic Christians and other innocents in Egypt have been the norm with this newly elected government in charge. Yet, this administration responds with sending F-16s, Abrams, tanks, and a $250 million aid package. This is another catastrophic result of Emperor Obama empowering Sharia Law in Egypt.

I’m just going to counter that last part with this link: U.S. Foreign Aid Summary, it only goes back to 2001 but the U.S. has been perfectly content to give Egypt lots and lots of foreign aid (second only to Israel) since the Carter administration. I won’t say whether this is right or wrong but I will say there are around six presidents responsible for the foreign aid.
The way I see it the “new” Egyptian gov’t isn’t looking too different from the old one before the revolution. Mubarak and his predecessors justified their authoritarianism with nationalism while Morsi is justifying his with the Koran. I admire the Copts for staying and fighting, I doubt this will be the last “incident” involving spilled blood on their part.

There is a different Egypt now.

Mubarak wasn’t planning on wiping out Israel. Morsi and his friends in the Muslim Brotherhood are.

At least the Egyptians elected Morsi. It’s a start toward a democracy that represents the will of the people.

Coptic Christians under siege as mob attacks Cairo cathedral
Alastair Beach
Independent.co.uk
Monday 08 April 2013

Hundreds of Christians were under siege inside Cairo’s Coptic cathedral last night as security forces and local residents, some armed with handguns, launched a prolonged and unprecedented attack on the seat of Egypt’s ancient Church.

At least one person was killed and at least 84 injured as Christians inside the walled St Mark’s cathedral compound came under a frenzied assault from their assailants in the main road outside.

The fighting erupted after a mass funeral for five Copts who were killed during violent clashes in a north Egyptian town on Saturday. A Muslim man also died in the clashes, which happened after an Islamic institute was daubed with offensive graffiti.

Can anyone tell what these Egyptian people want? You can call Egypt democracy if that tickles your fancy. I think the old term, “Mobocracy,” and the old phrase, “Tyranny of the majority,” particularly applicable to Egypt.

I’m honestly not so whether I dislike that answer because of the implications that it’s okay to support an Egyptian dictator if said dictator doesn’t hate Israel or if I like that answer because it’s very much a realistic answer a leader would be justified basing foreign policy on.

We could stop all aid to the Middle East today and I would think it’s a wonderful thing. BUT, to send money to a dictator is one thing, to send it to a group that has vowed to wipe Israel and the US off the map is quite another. That ranks right up there with arming the drug cartels.

1 person? 1 person probably dies every hour in our country from clashes with police. Out of all the problems in the world then I’m supposed to take notice of one person dying?

[quote=“BullsOnParade, post:9, topic:38977”]
1 person? 1 person probably dies every hour in our country from clashes with police. Out of all the problems in the world then I’m supposed to take notice of one person dying?
[/quote]So if one of your family dies it is irrelevant to you? Typical liberal no feelings for anyone until it happens to them.

Yes, I am aware Obama is not the first or only president to grant foreign aid. As far as it being right or wrong, it is completely wrong, no matter who the U.S. president is. However, Obama is the one giving hundreds of millions in aid packages, F-16s and Abrams tanks to an administration ruling with Sharia Law. Foreign aid is bad enough, but it is a bad idea to empower Sharia Law.

Well, yes, if you believe in the sanctity of life you will take notice of one person dying. I was, however, trying to point out the environment in which he died, which is a clash with police in a protest regarding the new administration who rules with Sharia Law and who is empowered by the Obama administration.

Says the guy who is a neocon.

Define “neocon” in this context and explain how it is a contrast to having compassion.

[quote=“Robert_Clay, post:7, topic:38977”]
I’m honestly not so whether I dislike that answer because of the implications that it’s okay to support an Egyptian dictator if said dictator doesn’t hate Israel or if I like that answer because it’s very much a realistic answer a leader would be justified basing foreign policy on.
[/quote]Politics are a funny thing but the saying that sometimes one has to lie down with dogs basically means that even if interests are not the same, some interests are similar in that two countries support one idea. The previous regime in Egypt was not the best and yes it oppressed elements such as the Muslim Brotherhood, but Egypt was not fostering hate for other countries.

So an uprising came along in the region which was helped along by Iran and Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood took advantage and claimed to be benign and cheated their way into power. Now to liberals the idea that the Muslim Brotherhood is jackbooting others in Egypt with morality police and attacking non-Muslims is fine but all this is a prelude to attacking Israel and western countries.

Now lets put Obama in the mix, and we have an administration that willingly helps this along by supplying aid, forgiving debt, and giving Egypt military hardware.