One last thought.....(for now)

So while you all revel in your victory…Another silly Liberal (economics is a-political, and Liberalism doesn’t drive my ideas about the economy, though I’m sure many of you think otherwise) has been put in his place (Yes ClassicalTeacher, I am a man). I just wanted to say it’s been fun. I can deal with the ridicule, though I admit I let SamSpade and his silly unproductive comments get under my skin a bit, but no matter, I’m over it :). Live long and prosper, right Sam? :slayer:

Honestly I’ve shared your responses with people I talk to in my economics forum. They’ve all gotten a kick out of it and are all chuckling and ridiculing your ideas as much as you are ridiculing mine. They all ask me why I’m wasting my time then remind me that people here (in RO) are arguing strictly on ideology and couldn’t see the truth if it appeared by magic in front of them…

Honestly, I take no joy in it and I don’t participate in the ridicule. I remind them as I will remind you all. If there is a problem in this country this is it. We’ve divided into factions and we identify so strongly with those factions we become unable to evaluate information objectively and to be fair, **it works both ways. **

The nature of social media is at least party to blame. We form ideas in our minds about who the people we are taking to are. I doubt any of you have any idea about who I really am and I doubt my ideas about who you are are any more accurate. If we met tomorrow at the gun range :firing: I bet I could strike up a friendly conversation with any of you, except maybe you RET, you old curmudgeon…LOL Totally kidding!! :banana:

I’m prepared to let what I’ve represented stand. Those that come after and read what’s been written will make up there own minds. If anyone is brave enough, perhaps they will challenge my ideas because they are interested in trying to understand what I’ve written.

Otherwise, I will be here. Perhaps I will poke my head in and comment on various threads.

Thanks to everyone, Ret, Sam, Alaska, Classical, Fantasy, Susanna, qixlqatl , 2cent, RWNJ, Devilneck and Papadave for joining in (I hope I didn’t leave anyone out)…It’s been fun, informative and your challenges to me have helped me understand even more about the subject. Feel free to continue the conversation if you want, I will oblige with an answer.

Thanks everyone. :hippy:

[quote=“csbrown28, post:1, topic:48329”]
So while you all revel in your victory…Another silly Liberal (economics is a-political, and Liberalism doesn’t drive my ideas about the economy, though I’m sure many of you think otherwise) has been put in his place (Yes ClassicalTeacher, I am a man). I just wanted to say it’s been fun. I can deal with the ridicule, though I admit I let SamSpade and his silly unproductive comments get under my skin a bit, but no matter, I’m over it :). Live long and prosper, right Sam? :slayer:

Honestly I’ve shared your responses with people I talk to in my economics forum. They’ve all gotten a kick out of it and are all chuckling and ridiculing your ideas as much as you are ridiculing mine. They all ask me why I’m wasting my time then remind me that people here (in RO) are arguing strictly on ideology and couldn’t see the truth if it appeared by magic in front of them…

Honestly, I take no joy in it and I don’t participate in the ridicule. I remind them as I will remind you all. If there is a problem in this country this is it. We’ve divided into factions and we identify so strongly with those factions we become unable to evaluate information objectively and to be fair, **it works both ways. **

The nature of social media is at least party to blame. We form ideas in our minds about who the people we are taking to are. I doubt any of you have any idea about who I really am and I doubt my ideas about who you are are any more accurate. If we met tomorrow at the gun range :firing: I bet I could strike up a friendly conversation with any of you, except maybe you RET, you old curmudgeon…LOL Totally kidding!! :banana:

I’m prepared to let what I’ve represented stand. Those that come after and read what’s been written will make up there own minds. If anyone is brave enough, perhaps they will challenge my ideas because they are interested in trying to understand what I’ve written.

Otherwise, I will be here. Perhaps I will poke my head in and comment on various threads.

Thanks to everyone, Ret, Sam, Alaska, Classical, Fantasy, Susanna, qixlqatl , 2cent, RWNJ, Devilneck and Papadave for joining in (I hope I didn’t leave anyone out)…It’s been fun, informative and your challenges to me have helped me understand even more about the subject. Feel free to continue the conversation if you want, I will oblige with an answer.

Thanks everyone. :hippy:
[/quote]Don’t let the door hit you in the butt as you leave. Remember you are not the first and probably not the last to educate us country bumpkins with facts not bearing up to scrutiny.

LOL Sam…Nice to see you can be consistent.

-Cheers
:beerchug:

:eusa_boohoo: