One of Hillary's supporters - The New England Shirt Fatory

Hillary Clinton has been running a series of ads here in Florida where she slams Trump for selling a line of clothing that was made overseas. One is with David Letterman (one of my least favortie “entertainers”) and another is hosted by the owner or president of Massachusetts company, the New England Shirt Facotry. This guy makes a big deal about how it’s untrue that Trump could not have had his clothing made in America, and he points to his company has an example of how you can buy shirts made in American by American union workers.

I googled his company and had look at his products. The prices for his shirts range from $80 (marked down from $160) to $175. Most of them are casual designs. The most expensive items are dress shirts, but there is nothing really fancy like a tuxedo front with ruffles.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t pay that much for shirts. I buy items that get up to maybe $65 or $70 for a good dress shirt, and most of them are $20 or $30 less than that. So you yea, you can buy New England Shirt Factory products made in America by union people, but it’s going to cost you. If you are going to compete in the appearal market price is an important consideration. Can you blame Trump for that?

Economists tell you that most consumers want to buy the best they can get for the money. That means that some items will be imported because some countries can make quality products and sell them for lower prices. The fancy phrase that economists use is “competative advantage.”

I googled his company and had look at his products. The prices for his shirts range from $80 (marked down from $160) to $175.
He supported Hillary? Want to bet that if Hillary gets in his company will get a contract to make uniform shirts for the military? (After some of her other supporters buy stock in the company, of course).