Oops! Economic Growth Wasn't So Great After All

U.S. economic growth regained speed in the first quarter, but not as much as expected, which could heighten fears the already weakening economy could struggle to handle deep government spending cuts and higher taxes.
Gross domestic product expanded at 2.5 percent annual rate, the Commerce Department said on Friday, after growth nearly stalled at 0.4 percent in the fourth quarter. The increase, however, missed economists’ expectations for a 3.0 percent growth pace.

[Oops! Economic Growth Wasn’t So Great After All](http://www.cnbc.com/id/100678290<br /><br />I)

I question any figures coming out of this administration that claim growth or otherwise. In the case of unemployment for example there needs to be a certain amount of people who have to get jobs to make the unemployment index go down and this administration has a nasty habit of not meets that figure and still claims unemployment is down.

Recently I read an article as how the government wanted to throw in intangible assets to build up the GDP.

The Intangible Economy

I’ll believe in economic growth when I see people everywhere going back to work . . .

If the word “unexpectedly” took a one-year sabbatical, the national MSM would have a hard time reporting economic news during the Obama ***Mal***Administration!

I expect the usual later report which will say oops actually the numbers were over inflated.