OOps the World is getting colder.

The world stopped getting warmer almost 16 years ago, according to new data released last week.
The figures, which have triggered debate among climate scientists, reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012, there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures.
This means that the ‘plateau’ or ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996. Before that, temperatures had been stable or declining for about 40 years.

Read More

Yeah, that’s why they shifted to “Global Climate Change” because that covers everything.

In the article one of the “scientist” argues that its still getting warmer because of global warming. Just like the useuall left tactic of fingers in ears screaming lalalalalala.

I grab my ears and go screaming from the room “Oh no, it can’t be”

I was reading it is going to cost us more to heat our homes this winter

Natural gas prices to rise for third straight quarter | NOLA.com

Man, I am so glad that heat is generally not a problem down here. Our winter is very short.

Yeah, just look where he’s from:

Professor Phil Jones, director of the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia,

Well I’ll be danged… The very university that broke the ‘news’, then got busted fudging the numbers on their ‘computer models.’ Henceforth, as Stang pointed out, suddenly ‘discovered’ “Climate Change”, the perfect CYA.

I’ll admit not finishing the article. (I don’t have ALL day for people who can’t quit digging their own holes.) But I did read enough to hear how confused good ol’ doc Jones claims he and his colleagues are.
Now, I realize that there is a great deal yet to learn about the climate, but I swear 17th century pirates weren’t quite that confused about oceanic currents and their effect on the climate as he claims to be.

All that aside, I know a guy who’s been warning of a ‘cooling off’ for 5 years, or better. (IIRC, as long as they’ve been screaming, “Global Warming.”) A quite intelligent guy, and though an engineer by trade, grew up as a farm boy w/a need and natural curiousity about the climate.
How’d he know? The lack of sun spots, which climatologists can see, and do count. It’s been shown time and again to lead to a major cooling off, and what lead to the great Europeon famines. The crops wouldn’t grow. Ergo, the animals starved, too.
And is exactly what they’re seeing now.
I’m not saying that we in the 21st Century can’t figure out how to overcome that. However, it would help if egomaniacs with self-serving agendas and visions of grants dancing in their heads were made to shut up, and those with not much to gain from the facts were allowed to be heard.
And of course quit feeding a major food source into combustable engines - which by now everyone knows tears them up. Which I’ve no doubt that as soon as they heard about, pushed it all the harder.
[Yes, the corn is “field corn,” meant to feed livestock, not “sweet corn,” meant for human consumption. Still, I doubt y’all need it explained that all those ZILLIONS of acres should be devoted to feeding livestock and humans; not cars.]

If the article goes into all that, my apologies for boring you.

Your SUV is killing polar bears.

No, I haven’t hit one yet…

“LOL” — that was good. Shift the argument away from the fact that your SUV is committing polar bear genocide. I see your right wing tactics. ahaha

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:9, topic:36583”]
No, I haven’t hit one yet…
[/quote]I was gonna say, seeing as not a one has gotten in my path yet…

[quote=“gutsandcasca, post:10, topic:36583”]
“LOL” — that was good. Shift the argument away from the fact that your SUV is committing polar bear genocide. I see your right wing tactics. ahaha
[/quote] What’s so funny? Claiming that SUVs kill polar bears is about as dumb as claiming that Chevy Volts somehow save the planet.
Besides, those nasty Volts can squoosh ants just as readily as the next vehicle. Why would you want to be cruel to ants? What they ever do to hurt you?

I was being sarcastic. I see we have not been properly introduced.

Colder, warmer - it makes no difference to the geniuses on the left. They no longer refer to the basis of their agenda as “global warming”. It is now called “climate change”. Still the same big-government-control-over-your-life BS, just dressed up a little differently.

I don’t want one to get in my path; I don’t think the engine compartment of a Subaru Forrester would fare too well in an impact with a polar bear (or even a koala bear)…

It could probably handle a gummi bear…

Oopsie. I hate it when that happens! lol
Hopefully, we’ll be far better ‘introduced’ in the near future.