Oops, wrong again

I’m sure that this is actually a sign of Global Warming somehow, but the ice flows in the Himalayas are growing. Wrong again Al! I’m going to wear this smilie out at this rate:rofl:

By Dean Nelson, New Delhi and Richard Alleyne6:00AM GMT 27 Jan 2011

Researchers have discovered that contrary to popular belief half of the ice flows in the Karakoram range of the mountains are actually growing rather than shrinking.

The discovery adds a new twist to the row over whether global warming is causing the world’s highest mountain range to lose its ice cover.

It further challenges claims made in a 2007 report by the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change that the glaciers would be gone by 2035.

Although the head of the panel Dr Rajendra Pachauri later admitted the claim was an error gleaned from unchecked research, he maintained that global warming was melting the glaciers at “a rapid rate”, threatening floods throughout north India.

That’s the problem with pulling factoids from your dark, dank, odoriferous place. Factoids can be checked against reality. My guess - and it is a guess - is that NASA has on hand years of images of the Himalayan area which could have shown in 2007 that the disappearing Himalayan glacier claim is false. But the facts didn’t suit NASA’s AGW narrative, so they declined to say anything.

Even though the guy that did that “study” that “proved” global warming worked for NASA, I thought that NASA themselves refused to endorse it because they knew that the computer model was so flawed.

Fair enough, FC. I used “NASA” as a metaphor for the NASA division, department, whatever it’s called, that is run by arch-Warmista James Hansen which does control much of the relevant data needed for fact-checking Enviros’ AGW claims.