Our driveway is getting paved today

tperkins, aw thas’ jus’ cause you’re an up-town business-man/capitalist and I’m a ole redneck handy-man country-boy/capitalist. :biggrin:

When I go to Lowe’s and bring a pickup truck load of building materials back to my digs and start a do-it-yourselfer I’m helping the economy too :slight_smile:

'Sides its hard to find hired help that’l build “my doghouse” as good, neat, and strong as I will anyway. (I jus kidding with ya up top, but not here on this point.)

Cheers.

If I were independently wealthy, aside from fishing and hunting, carpentry would be my first hobby. It’s a hobby anyways, but I’d have a shop to make Norm’s look meager - and all hand tools… except maybe my table saw, and my router… and my skil saw… and drill press…

I hear ya.
I love to piddle ‘round with building things outta wood. Last project was a 13’ x 13’ arbor. A salt treated wood “roof” supported by buried-in-the-ground 4" x 4" posts. Built it all alone too. Lifted the heavy beams up with a rope secured by a lag bolt, then drilled holes and secured the beams with galvanized lag bolts.

Got nice shade now. Sit cool and sip Southern iced tea while I watch my grass grow :wink:

But I regret not using 6" x 6" posts. "Course, I poured concrete on every post, so I think it will hold strong and solid.

Well, the driveway is paved. We got some before & after pictures. The batteries in the camera are charging, so I’ll be posting them tomorrow, hopefully. Need to help the missus poste 'em on her facebook page.

Dang. Your southern type language is rubbin’ off on me.

Great. I want to see 'em.

Dang. Your southern type language is rubbin’ off on me.

Us good ole Southern boys down y’near know how to snip them thar syllables off them words. :biggrin:

arrggghhh !! I gorgot about my 10 year olds birthday party. 6 - 10 year olds running around the house, but this evening ought to be quieter.

Looks GREAT, though.

OK, update on my weekend.

I was going to post the pictures of our driveway last evening, but I had forgotten (!@#$%^ memory) about a fundraising concert I needed to be at Saturday evening for a mission trip to the Dominican Republic that I’m going on. Sunday was a washout, because I was at church, bar-b-quing a pork roast, and afterwards having a nap. Spent time with the kids, then put 'em to bed. I was going to post them NOW, but my wife hadn’t taken any pictures of the finished driveway. Tomorrow evening, I promise.

As promised, here are the before & after pics. I’ll try & get some better “after” picture. It was raining when I took those. As you can see, the before ones are pretty bad.

After:

Nice!

Looks like a beautiful place to live!

Hey man!, they did a nice job, it looks good. I can tell they took some care in their work, they got the edges straight and finished off nice and finished off the curved edges nice as well.

That first pic up top indicates you live in some wide open spaces. Most fortunate.
Btw, your pad looks solid (bricks) and country too, I love a home with a country look to it and with a front porch, trees, flowers, and lotta green grass. And privacy, I never forget privacy, I don’t like crowded neighborhoods. Doesn’t look like you have any worries about being crowded.

I gotta say you got green grass in your yard and thick and healthy looking too. You must have some good soil up there in your neck of the woods.
I have to put lime on my grass to get it to turn that green and healthy looking.

Cheers.

Dang, I’m jealous! My current driveway is worse than your before pictures!!!

Looks great!

Thanks all. We really love where we live. I’m actually looking forward to shoveling the snow this year, because the driveway is FLAT !!

I have been working to get things done before the cold weather hits. There are projects that I wait to do when it gets cooler but need to be done before winter.

On another note I have been seeing that several people have been doing their driveways in the neighborhood.

Me, too. I have an indoor project that I need to complete while I can still open windows - gluing down treads on my stairs.

We worked on the garden shed this weekend. There is some shelving and a cabinet inside. The basic structure is finished, so now we get to clean out the garage and start filling the shed, so the garage will have room to put the stuff from the basement, so that I’ll have room to set up the wine making equipment.

[quote=“Jack_Hectormann, post:21, topic:21733”]
tperkins, aw thas’ jus’ cause you’re an up-town business-man/capitalist and I’m a ole redneck handy-man country-boy/capitalist. :biggrin:

When I go to Lowe’s and bring a pickup truck load of building materials back to my digs and start a do-it-yourselfer I’m helping the economy too :slight_smile:

'Sides its hard to find hired help that’l build “my doghouse” as good, neat, and strong as I will anyway. (I jus kidding with ya up top, but not here on this point.)

Cheers.
[/quote]Will the dog house have air conditioning?

Why you may ask and the answer is-- for some reason your post reminded me of something I heard or read about Jim Baker the preacher who had his dog house airconditioned.

Tammy Faye Messner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey looky this–one can buy air conditioned dog houses

Air Conditioner - DogHouses.com

I would like some day to resurface my drive which is pitted from using salt on it. I also note that the expansion joints are so far apart now that I have to use the weed whip to get rid of the plants that grow up there.