Pakastani Girl Stands Up to Taliban

Havent seen a thread about the pakastani girl who stood up to the Taliban about women education and was shot. Do you think this will start a grass roots movement to slowly take some ground and legitimacy from the Taliban? Or do you think the Taliban will be able to crush the uprising with violence like always?

Crush.

While the popular word is “Terrorism” the FACT is we have had it around for many, many years here in the US. Not sure who was the first or the worst but some of the most famous or infamous are:

Al Capone
Frank Nitty
Bugs Moran
Unions
Hoffa

and a host of others

Unfortunately I think you’re right. We can still hope though I guess

This is heartbreaking on so many levels:

• This girl’s situation is a horror; how many scores, hundreds, thousands of identical/similar horrors have there been the past 20 or 30 or ?? years that have not made the “news”;

• To me, one of the things that breaks my heart is that what happened to this girl is, from my reading of it, in accord with the Qur’an, and therefore with Islam; I doubt she will recognize that and is likely to return to that cultural context … possibly at the cost of her life a few months or years hence;

• Because the perps of this horror are able to show how their act is at least arguably in accord with the Qur’an, Pakistan is not likely to deal decisively with the perps, the perps’ teachings/actions are likely to grow in Pakistan, and are likely to spread to and grow in other Islamic ME countries;

• More responsive to BOP’s OP, the terrorists in this case are organized, those who would resist them are not, and the terrorists’ ability to argue from the Qur’an further impedes those who would resist.

I pray my pessimistic assessments are proved wrong, that those who would resist find the ability to do so - effectively, victoriously and decisively.

What we need to do is send out Prez off on a global Islam-US apology tour, establish Sharia law here in the US to show we are willing to ‘go along and git along’ with them and show your RESPECT to them. My guess is that would change everything, bring out peace and love, and allow us to hold pinky’s and sing Goom Bay Ah together…yep that ought to fix things up real well.

We may want to support the AMP-UP effort being led by our soldiers (Accelerated Martyr Program-Urgent Processing) This wonderful program supports and assists them to achieve their goals of meeting 72 virgins in a more timely manner and honor their great sacrifice as martyrs.

What do you think they would do if we just went super muslim on them and like adopted all their stuff? They’d be so confused. It’d actually be pretty hilarious.

No, they’d go rabid with ecstasy. No, thanks.

Actually I think the radicals would just find some other reason to hate us. I mean look at how much they fight their own kind.

An update on this case:

Taliban shooting victim Malala, 15, is set to make Britain her permanent home after having a bullet removed from her spine
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 21:29 EST, 23 November 2012 | UPDATED: 21:30 EST, 23 November 2012

The teenage girl shot by the Taliban for speaking out against militants in Pakistan is expected to make Britain her permanent home.

Malala Yousufzai, 15, is being treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham after having a bullet removed from her spine.

Her parents and two brothers flew to Britain last month so that they could be with her.

It is understood that the Pakistani government has now offered her father Ziauddin a job at its consulate in Birmingham.

She’ll be safer (though not perfectly safe, with Islamic radicals in Europe) if she stays.

I share your hope and concern, FC. I fear, too, the pull of home, the familiar, which may exert itself on her in a few years. In a few years she may feel that pull, think herself safe after the passing of a few years, and return home to find the Islamists have long memories.

On the Rise: Islamists Scapegoating Children for Blasphemy
by Teri Blumenfeld
PJMedia.com/lifestyle
2012/10/28

The latest Muslim mob violence mobilized by religious clerics over the video Innocence of Muslims was indeed disturbing. However, the more troubling issue that merits true outrage is the uptick of Islamists targeting children with charges of desecration or blasphemy as a means to intimidate local non-Muslims.

The zealotry of these defenders of the Muslim faith extends to all who would defame their prophet, including young children. One would think that children, in some cases illiterate, could never be judged responsible for such heinous acts, punishable by death according to sharia (Islamic law) and Pakistan law under Section 295-C. Unfortunately, poor Malala is not alone in being a young child targeted for the crime of insulting Islam.

Perhaps October was “Defile the Quran month,” as a number of cases have appeared recently of non-Muslim children in Muslim countries accused of desecration or blasphemy against Islam.

The article, from which I only quoted excerpts, lists quite a few incidents where children were arrested and local churches or temples attacked over alleged incidents (one, apparently, was real) of “desecration”. Evidently attacking non-Muslim minorities through their children, through the vehicle of charges of “desecration of the Qur’an”, is quite the rage (pun intended) in parts of the Islamic world. I “get” that not all Muslims are like this, not even most. I’ve worked along side such Muslims: my advice to them, were I to have a chance to speak frankly, would be that if the Muslims who just want to live ordinary peaceful lives don’t act to put down the violent crazies, the peaceful Muslims will soon find themselve caught in a vise between non-Muslims inclined to suspect all Muslims and the crazies who will go after the peaceful ones for being insufficiently Islamic. And it is the latter, the crazies, who are the greatest danger to peaceful Muslims.

We are seeing a MAJOR uptick in radical islam and I expect it to grow in intensity. We have a radical Muslim in the WH today and he was reelected. His FP along with his puppet Billary maybe the worst in US history, certainly rivals karter and IMO far worse. Iran will have a nuke this coming year, Morsi was/is obammy’s buddy, he has supported him and bammy keeps telling us that Morsi/Muslim Brotherhood is better than a troop of boy scounts, yet the events unfolding in Egypt are screaming a far different story…as Morsi who heads up the brotherhood, has now declared himself the “new pharaoh” of Egypt.

BAD times are ahead

[quote=“17Oaks, post:12, topic:36667”]

BAD times are ahead
[/quote]Amen

Malala at UN: ‘The Extremists Were, and They Are, Afraid of Books and Pens’
by Bridget Johnson

2013/07/12

There was actually some good news at the United Nations today: Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani schoolgirl shot in the head in a Taliban assassination attempt, spoke at the UN to mark her 16th birthday.

[quote]“Let us pick up our books and our pens. They are our most powerful weapons. One teacher, one book, one pen, can change the world,” Ms. Yousafzai said, in an impassioned address to the UN Youth Assembly.

Ms. Yousafzai told the gathering that the Taliban’s attack nine months ago changed nothing in her life, except that “weakness, fear and hopelessness died.”

“The extremists were, and they are, afraid of books and pens,” she said. “The power of education frightens them. They are afraid of women.” Urging worldwide action against illiteracy, poverty and terrorism, she said: “Let us pick up our books and pens. They are our most powerful weapons.”
[/quote]
Malala Yousafzai’s eloquence suffices.