Paula Deen Canned For Using N-Word

Deen acknowledged using the “N word” years ago once after she was held at gun point during a bank robbery in 1986 and a couple of times since then.
Later today Paula Deen was canned from the Food Channel.
CNN reported:The language in question was revealed recently as part of a deposition of Deen by Jackson’s lawyers in May.
Jackson lawyer: “Miss Deen, have you told racial jokes?”
Deen: “No, not racial.”

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=61jm19gVs0M[/video]

Paula Deen Canned For Using N-Word After a Bank Robber Held a Gun to Her Head in 1986 | The Gateway Pundit
Deen has come under fire the last few years first because the leftys did not like her cooking and now for something said in regards to something that happened in the past. Meanwhile those same self-serving individuals more than likely use the N word themselves.

What’s funny is, guess what… Paula Deen is a big time Democrat.

You don’t think it has more to do with this?

LIsa T. Jackson’s lawsuit alleges that Deen and Bubba Hier committed numerous acts of violence, discrimination and racism that resulted in the end of her five-year employment at Deen’s Lady & Sons and Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House eateries in Savannah.

Or, it could be false, who knows, at this point?

“We investigated those claims and attempted unsuccessfully to address those claims with her. She has made baseless, inflammatory allegations, threatening to go to the press and ruin Paula Deen’s reputation and the reputation of her businesses unless we paid her a large sum of money. We refused to bow to that kind of pressure and refused to pay money to address false claims.”

I just think it’s funny all around. I don’t care for her recipes, they all seem like they use evil vile disgusting mayonnaise.

I’ve been to the oyster place on the riverwalk in Savannah several times, while stationed in PI. It was OK, but I find Louisiana oysters to be far superior. Other food was pretty good.

As do I. Goes to show what can happen to you from supporting liberals who are fickle when it comes to loyalty.

I don’t care for her recipes, they all seem like they use evil vile disgusting mayonnaise.

I’ve been to the oyster place on the riverwalk in Savannah several times, while stationed in PI. It was OK, but I find Louisiana oysters to be far superior. Other food was pretty good.

I don’t know the first thing about her, except that she has a food show and magazines from hearing people talk about her. I’ve no idea what her ‘schtick’ is - healthy eating? fun foods? - so I couldn’t tell ya if I’d enjoy her recipes or not.

Generally go along w/your way of thinking, Stang, but we part ways where mayo’s concerned. I cannot stand that ‘tangy zip of Miracle Whip’, but perhaps you don’t like that, either.
For me, it’s NOTHING but HELMANN’s REAL Mayonnaise. (I’ve tried store brands. Blek, is all I’ve got to say.)

I grew up on Miracle Whip and I prefer it for making sandwiches

I liked the Kraft mayo with olive oil but then then Hellmanns came out with their own olive oil kind

I use Duke’s, or make my own.
Paula Dean is famous for Southern Comfort Foods(No, not foods made with Southern Comfort), which are not healthy, historically.

Mayonnaise and Miracle whip are secretions of Satan! Puss squeezed from boils on his rump! Congealed into jars for people to spread on thier sandwiches.

Vile, evil, disgusting…

I don’t care if other people eat it, just don’t try to serve it to me in any form, or as an ingredient of anything. Sour Cream also. And vile evil disgusting yogurt.

Paula’s schtick is saying “y’all” alot. I guess it works, she has more money than I do. I find her annoying, but I find most tv chefs annoying to some degree at least. For some reason she really annoys me though. Maybe because I consider her a caricature character. She seems to lay the Southern on too deep to be real. She seems to see it as an excuse to act clownish.

Like a faux redneck. I’m not saying she’s a fake Georgian though. More like she tries to hard to be the stereotype.

Lighten up Francis!:tongue:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aRiJNS8Oz6E#at=57[/video]

I prefer Miracle Whip, but I will also use mayonaise with canola or safflower oil.

:rofl:
I remember that movie, but can’t remember what one it’s from!

Okie doke. But I think CL answered this best.

Paula’s schtick is saying “y’all” alot. I guess it works, she has more money than I do. I find her annoying, but I find most tv chefs annoying to some degree at least. For some reason she really annoys me though. Maybe because I consider her a caricature character. She seems to lay the Southern on too deep to be real. She seems to see it as an excuse to act clownish.

Like a faux redneck. I’m not saying she’s a fake Georgian though. More like she tries to hard to be the stereotype.

Gotcha. I despise phonies.
I say, “y’all” a lot, but it’s just 'cuz it rolls off the tongue so easy like.

Semi-humorous aside. My S-in-L, who’s been a teacher and a librarian, was visiting. I was doing the dishes. She asked if I’d like her to dry. I said, “If’n y’ant 'ta”. She was standing behind me. My husband busted a gut at the look of complete perplexity on her face. LOL

The movie name was “Stripes”.

Obivously, what she’s said wasn’t right or appropriate, but she shouldn’t have been fired.

I see her cook books are selling like hotcakes.

She said it 30 years ago. God help us if we judge everyone for something they did in the past. I think she put it well on the Today show.

“If there is anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back, please pick up that stone and throw it so hard that it kills me.”

People are just making a big deal out for this for no reason and are probably the real racist.

I saw her interview, it seemed kind of fake. The crying was too much.