Pearl Harbor vs 9/11

How differently America reacted to the 9-11 attack compared with the attack on Pearl Harbor. In the Pearl Harbor attack, the Japanese naval air force launched a devastating surprise attack against U.S. military targets in Hawaii, killing 2,335 military personnel and 68 civilians.
On Sept. 11, 2001, Muslim terrorists of the al-Qaida organization hijacked four commercial planes filled with civilians and used three of them as bombs to attack the twin towers of the New York World Trade Center and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. They killed nearly 3,000 people, the vast majority of whom were civilians.
After the Pearl Harbor attack, all Japanese citizens and visitors were rounded up. Most Japanese were sent to concentration camps for fear there were possible saboteurs hidden among them. Japanese were known for intense loyalty to their families and ancestors. Our leaders at the time believed we couldn’t risk the possibility of some attempting espionage against our country.
In the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attack, our government has bent over backwards to assure Americans that the Muslims who attacked us were an aberrant fanatical fringe group that in no way represented true Islam. We have been constantly assured that the Muslim religion is “a peaceful” religion.

Read more at Pearl Harbor vs. 9-11:The key difference

The bottom line here is this: We were attacked and we went and put our American BOOT up the butt of Germany, Italy, Japan and when we thought Japan was not going to give in we dropped a NUKE on them, NOT one, but 2 of those bad boys and the Japs could not get to the ‘I give up table’ fast enough. And what did we get, “UNCONDITIONAL surrender”.

What have we done since 9/11? Well 15 years later they are still attacking us and we are STILL living in denial…

I am not into conspiracy theories but it is curious that the construction of the Pentagon started 6 months before Pearl Harbor. There was a widespread anti-war sentiment in America at the time and the massive building would be of no use for a nation not at war. I’m sure it was pushed through as yet another depression fighting make work project. I don’t think FDR had advance knowledge of the attack but he was clearly going to war, one way or another.

I would only buy that logic, if we had done more to intern German-Americans.

Unlike Japan, we had been in a war with Germany before; and they had attacked America on its soil & committed acts of sabotage during that last war. There was widespread sympathy for the Nazi cause among Americans in the poll FDR took before deciding which side to intervene for, people who later joined the Nazis in fighting their fellow Americans.

“The Nazi from Oregon”, was not too uncommon a story.

> The bottom line here is this: We were attacked and we went and put our American BOOT up the butt of Germany, Italy, Japan and when we thought Japan was not going to give in we dropped a NUKE on them, NOT one, but 2 of those bad boys and the Japs could not get to the ‘I give up table’ fast enough.

Not quite, the Japanese War Ministers wanted to continue the war, they were willing to sacrifice 1/3 of their population just to stave off an unconditional surrender.

It was the Japanese Emperor who ensured they did. Japanese officers tried to lead a coup to stop him, but it was unsuccessful.

Point is? The Japanese God was ultimately just a man who could be intimidated. The Islamic God is no such creature. We cannot demand surrender from something that cannot offer it.

And that’s not the only matter where this comparisons falls apart. Japan was a nation state, party to political agreements and pressures.

Al Qaeda however is a non-state actor, with little regard for negotiation or treaty. They welcome death, and they have no reason to stop fighting. I can even show you video of people in Afghanistan ***begging us to nuke them. ***

So no, a similar tactic aside, this is not the same thing at all. Even if we wanted to fight it the same way as we did WWII, it wouldn’t work.

BACK STORY: NO the Pentagon was not to be that big, in fact about half the size, the the guy in charge, who was a Captain in the Army he thought it should be bigger, because it was to house all the services and he thought about the Nat Guard and US Reserves also. He knew the staffing and said in his mind that the size they wanted would never be enough, so he built it bigger which was ez just by adding on more rings inside and out…He did this in violation of a direct order not to, but when it was done they said how smart, so he escaped Court Martial but he was never lauded since it was against order…

It was not to compare as in parallel , but rather to show the contrast in how we dealt with the problem.

You are right about the lack of a state and I have written on this outside of this forum. Most agree with me but the Administration sees it different: Were I POTUS I would pull back from the ME and allow them to firmly establish the Caliphate and take land, be it Syria or Iraq, don’t care, let the jell up and when they do now you have a real target instead of playing Whack-a-Mole. Then we go in and wipe them off the face of the earth, there is NOTHING off the table to include Nuke, they will have 2 options, Unconditional Surrender or Die. Do that and its ‘game over man’. They like most of the world RESPECT FORCE and STRENGTH and they know ObuttBoy is no force at all…

If we don’t we will fight them either forever or until they take over here, just like is happening in France, only the strong will survive this conflict. We have no other choice but to create Lake ISIS!

This Wikipedia section gives some history of the Pentagon. While it was built partly in anticipation of being drawn into WW2, pols at the time were looking east, toward Europe, rather than toward Japan. Another reason, however, was that facilities then (1930s) in use were inadequate, and plans to build something had been in the works since the early-mid 1930s.

And here: Folks, this make me sick to my gut.

"As of August 2016, the death toll for American military personnel in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Freedom’s Sentinel in Afghanistan stands at 2,383. Adding the 4,504 U.S. military deaths incurred in the Iraq War, which was portrayed by some in government and viewed by most Americans as an extension of the war on terror, raises the toll to nearly 7,000. Reports vary, but an estimated several thousand American civilian contractors also have been killed in the two wars,** bringing the total to somewhere around 10,000. Another approximately 50,000 American military personnel have been wounded in the two wars. Estimates of the total costs come to somewhere between $4 trillion and $6 trillion. "**

Fifteen Years on, Where Are We in the ‘War on Terror’?
by Brian Michael Jenkins (RAND)

NOW, stop and look-think about what we have accomplished in this time frame. NOTHING, ZERO, NADA:

February 26, 1993 - A bomb explodes on the second subterranean level of Vista Hotel’s public parking garage, below the 2 World Trade Center building. Six people are killed, and more than 1,000 people are treated for injuries. Six suspects are convicted of participating in the bombing. The seventh suspect, Abdul Rahman Yasin, is still at large.

April 19, 1995 - A bomb rips through the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, killing 168 people and injuring almost 700. Timothy McVeigh is convicted on federal murder charges and executed in 2001.

July 27, 1996 - A bomb explodes in Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta during the middle of a concert during the Summer Olympics. One person is killed, another dies from a heart attack, and 111 others are injured. Bombing suspect Eric Robert Rudolph is arrested in North Carolina in 2003, after being indicted in 2000 for the Atlanta bombing and for other bombings, including one at an abortion clinic where one person died. Rudolph is serving four consecutive sentences of life in prison plus 120 years for the attacks.

September 11, 2001 - Nineteen al Qaeda members hijack four US passenger airliners. Two are flown into the Twin Towers in New York, one crashes into the Pentagon and another crashes into the Pennsylvania countryside after passengers attempt to wrest control of the aircraft to prevent an attack on the US Capitol. At the World Trade Center site 2,753 people are killed; 184 at the Pentagon; and 40 in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. A total of 2,977 people are killed.
November 5, 2009 - Major Nidal Hassan goes on a shooting rampage at a military processing center at Fort Hood, Texas, killing 13 and wounding 32. Hassan is convicted of 13 counts of murder and 32 counts of attempted murder. He is given the death penalty. Hassan is not charged with terrorism, but the rampage is considered by many to be a terror incident.

April 15, 2013 - Twin bomb blasts explode near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing three and wounding at least 264. Suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is charged by the US government with one count of using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction resulting in death and one count of malicious destruction of property by means of an explosive device resulting in death. He is given the death penalty on June 25, 2015.

July 16, 2015 - Mohammad Abdulazeez opens fire on a military recruiting center and a Navy reserve facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee, killing four US Marines and a Navy sailor. FBI Director James Comey later says Abdulazeez’s actions were “motivated by foreign terrorist organization propaganda,” adding that it’s difficult to determine which terrorist group may have inspired him.

December 2, 2015 - Married couple Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik open fire on a holiday party taking place at Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California, killing 14 people. Investigators believe the couple was self-radicalized.

We can end this and we can do it in less than one year IF we will just let them establish the Caliphate and set up their govt, they will bring their soldiers to the home state. We we feel they got it, we mass our big guns and give this command: Fire for effect, expend ALL ROUNDS (Army, Navy, Marines), drop all ordnance (Air Force), this will last about 30 days and in that time frame we will send in the USMC and the US Army and mop up. We will leave no stone unturned, not building will remain standing, we will turn their state into a wasteland. When we finish, our Allies will occupy the state and their mission is to keep it from ever rebuilding. All this will occur in <1 year. Then we tell them, you look our way or at any of our Allies countries for more than a glimpse you will see Phase II on your soil.

Until this occurs we will fight them for all time, it will not stop till we stop it!