Pentagon Taps Anti-Christian Extremist for Religious Tolerance Policy

Pentagon Taps Anti-Christian Extremist for Religious Tolerance Policy
by Ken Klukowski

2013/04/28

“Today, we face incredibly well-funded gangs of fundamentalist Christian monsters who terrorize their fellow Americans by forcing their weaponized and twisted version of Christianity upon their helpless subordinates in our nation’s armed forces.”

Those words were recently written by Mikey Weinstein, founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), in a column he wrote for the Huffington Post. Weinstein will be a consultant to the Pentagon to develop new policies on religious tolerance, including a policy for court-martialing military chaplains who share the Christian Gospel during spiritual counseling of American troops.

Weinstein decries what he calls the “virulent religious oppression” perpetrated by conservative Christians, whom he refers to as “monstrosities” and “pitiable unconstitutional carpetbaggers,” comparing them to “bigots” in the Deep South during the civil rights era.

@#$% like this is epitomizes why, in the late 90s, I started calling the libs’ “tolerance” narrative The Tolerance Game. The Tolerance Game was never about tolerating people; it was always a euphemized narrative - bought as being real by many libs - for bashing theologically conservative Christians. And now the Obama Administration is bringing this hate-filled bigot in as a consultant about Religious Tolerance policy for the US military. Perverse is too mild, but that’s about as far as I’m willing to take my vocabulary.

I find it humorously ironic that Weinstein waxes hysterical about eeee-vile “Fundamentalists” and singles out James Dobson. I suppose seeing the irony in that requires knowing something about Fundamentalists and Evangelicals … i.e. Weinstein knowing something about the people he verbally bashes.

Pentagon May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith
by Ken Klukowski

2013/05/01

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense…Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis…”.

This regulation would severely limit expressions of faith in the military, even on a one-to-one basis between close friends. It could also effectively abolish the position of chaplain in the military, as it would not allow chaplains (or any service members, for that matter), to say anything about their faith that others say led them to think they were being encouraged to make faith part of their life. It’s difficult to imagine how a member of the clergy could give spiritual counseling without saying anything that might be perceived in that fashion.

I hope this is a trial balloon, running a stupidly perverse idea up the flag pole to see how many salute. But if the Obama Administration want to oppress Christians out of the military, they should be careful about what they pray for … . Having may not prove as satisfying as wanting, as Dickens said (paraphrasing from David Copperfield).

I suspect that their ultimate goals are antichristian and they don’t give a rat’s butt how much harm they do to America in the process. But I do agree that they may not like the ultimate result, especially if it’s along the lines of: “I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

May I not find myself on the receiving end of those words…