Pitiful Just Pitiful

A federal jury has found an 83-year-old nun and two fellow protesters guilty of breaking into the Y-12 National Security Complex and defacing a uranium processing plant.
It took the jury about 2 ½ hours to find the three protesters guilty of a charge of interfering with national security and a second charge of damaging fed0eral property.
The trio spent about two hours inside the Oak Ridge facility in July, cutting through fences to reach a facility known as the “Fort Knox of uranium.” Once there, they painted slogans, chipped off a part of a wall with hammers and splattered human blood on the exterior.

Jury Finds 83-Year-Old Nun, 2 Others Guilty Of Uranium Plant Break-In
Here we have an old woman and two unspecified others breaking into a nuclear plant inspite of security. My question is why was security so lax?

The whole premise that these individuals were terrorists is laughable. But then again with Homeland Security labeling Americans as terrorists over those who actually have attacked places with actual murder in mind----

As for the blood, since the article was not more definitive, the blood could have been the woman’s trying to cut through those fences or chipping the wall.

Security is what’s pitiful.

Their defense:
"We believe that what we did was legal and moral."
That’s not how it works.

This isn’t the first time something like this has happened.

Yeah, I’d say it’s darned pitiful that 3 women, supposedly representative of God and/or His word, would trespass, along with damaging and defacing public/someone else’s property. Just what, pray tell, was their point in these sinful and illegal acts?

And Sam, anybody who terrorizes people is a terrorist. I don’t know that this particular stunt qualifies as “terrorizing,” but skin color or religious group aren’t 2 qualifiers.
My neighbor was arrested for ‘terroristic threatening’ 10 years ago 'cuz that’s exactly what he did. He’s an adult, white male of no particular religion.

Using rational dsplayed here I could say this is terrorism:

Little boy points pencil at other student while playing-- Terrorism

Halloween–TPIng–Terrorism

Protesting --Terrorism

Yelling at your neighbor because their kids left their bike in your driveway–Terrorism

Spiting on sidewalk --Terrorism

Lets do a reality check here.

The story I posted lacked many details and with the over zealous nature we have seen lately from authority figures from school officials to others , I would call this vandalism more than terrorism. Apparently Big Sis views are shared by some

No I did not shy away from this story because she was a NUN. I post relevant items from both sides of the spectrum that I think interesting.

I’m yet to see where anyone accused them of being terrorists.

Please read. He said “anyone who terrorizes.” TPing teenagers and the occasional pencil fight are not acts of people with a goal to terrorize. Vandalizing federal property and breaking into a complex for uranium, and then smearing blood on the walls is certainly terrorism.

But go ahead and belittle what these people did.

[quote=“Trekky0623, post:8, topic:39430”]
Please read. He said “anyone who terrorizes.” TPing teenagers and the occasional pencil fight are not acts of people with a goal to terrorize. Vandalizing federal property and breaking into a complex for uranium, and then smearing blood on the walls is certainly terrorism.

But go ahead and belittle what these people did.
[/quote]Vandalism, not terrorism.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:9, topic:39430”]
Vandalism, not terrorism.
[/quote]Bingo

No it’s not; it’s vandalism.

What I couldn’t understand is why Sam kept insisting that they were accused of terrorism when nothing of the sort happened.

Forgive me for saying so, but once we’ve gone beyond spreading blood on the walls, I think we’ve moved beyond common vandalism.

Boy Suspended for Holding a Pencil Like a Gun

“The school said kids today could be afraid of sounds or signs that imitate guns or gun fire in any way and pencils could be considered or perceived as weapons.
Since fingers can also be considered weapons,”

Read more: Boy Suspended for Holding a Pencil Like a Gun - Jan Morgan Media :: Jan Morgan Media

Seriously, Sam, what has that got to do with vandalizing nuns who were never accused of being terrorists?