Planned Parentood cleared of wrongdoing; anti-abortion activists indicted

HOUSTON — A county grand jury here that was investigating allegations of misconduct against Planned Parenthood has instead indicted two anti-abortion activists who made videos of the organization.

In a statement, the Harris County district attorney, Devon Anderson, said Monday that the director of the Center for Medical Progress, David Daleiden, had been indicted on a felony charge of tampering with a governmental record and a misdemeanor count related to purchasing human organs.

Another center employee, Sandra Merritt, was indicted on a charge of tampering with a governmental record.

[SNIP]

Ms. Anderson said in the statement that grand jurors had cleared Planned Parenthood of any wrongdoing. She did not specify in the statement what record or records were allegedly tampered with.

No surprises here. Lies and criminal behavior by the anti-abortion crowd, who will stop at nothing to push their political agenda.

This is disturbing to say the very least. It’s perfectly acceptable to harvest and sell human tissue, but criminal to record interviews of those who engage in this demonic activity. We truly live in an age in which wrong is considered right and right is considered wrong.

Lies, CJ? They are ON TAPE admitting that they were doing these horrendous things!!! You have to remember that Houston is a hotbed of blue surrounded by a mostly red State and have twice elected an openly lesbian mayor who tried–almost successfully–to censor area pastors’ sermons to insure that nothing bad was ever taught from the pulpit about homosexuality!!! I wouldn’t trust anything coming out of a Houston grand jury, if they said tomorrow the sun will rise.

Disturbing? I felt like my head was going to explode when I first heard of this atrocity of justice.

I am the furthest thing from a Bible scholar here but a passage I read in grammar school while attending mandatory daily mass has stuck in my mind. (the Bible was the only reading material in the pews). It went something like this: “In those days there was no law in Israel and each man did what was right in his own mind.” It seems that we are heading for the same situation.

Of course this was how it would turn out, the government is in the business of funding mass execution of the innocent and they will not stand for anyone exposing or drawing attention to it; their prophet Josef Mengele would be proud of their bold resolve.

Members of a grand jury investigate very little or nothing. A district attorney may bring forth witnesses if desired. What a grand jury does is to REVUE information presented to its members by the district attorney. A DA has great powers in the indictment/grand jury process. There is a saying among attorneys that a district attorney can get a ham sandwich indicted.

It is not unheard of for a DA’s political position to influence the information presented to the GJ. I would be interested to know the DA’s politics.

Those who believe that “law is blind” are in for a rude awakening.

I would be interested to know how many people think Hillary will be indicted by the Obama Justice Dept?

Of course, advocates for killing unborn human babies and illegally selling their parts are happy about this. Evil people love this stuff.

One of the charges against David Daleiden is “related to purchasing human organs”. :eusa_think: The “purchaser” has been indicted, but not the seller, Planned Parenthood? :eusa_think: Ri-i-i-iiiiight!

As for, “a felony charge of tampering with a governmental record,” when did David Daleiden touch government records?

An indictment isn’t a conviction, CJ. On its bare face this looks like an act of partisan lawfare in a very liberal county (yes, even in Texas). With competent representation, the Harris County DA may find the discovery process very uncomfortable (and if they withhold exculpatory evidence, may be sanctioned). And PP manglement people and documents are almost certain to be subpoenaed fairly broadly, risking further exposure of their doings and with the manglement people under oath. Daleiden’s attorney’s questions might be much more probing that MSM lapdog reporters’ “interviews”.

I suggest it would be wiser, CJ, to save your crowing and Snoopy-dancing for when this prosecution has fully played out. If the DA is hoping for a plea-bargain guilty or no-lo plea - the crazy felony charge is strongly suggestive that that is the DA’s goal - David Daleiden may prove to be the wrong person on whom to try that tactic. I think Daleiden is already “all in” and unlikely to fold his hand (i.e. plead no-lo to a lesser charge).

And, yes, RW, the US is well into an era when telling, revealing, and exposing truths about PC entities such as PP or BLM and charlatans such as Sharp Al or rape-false-accusers is racist, sexist, and even prosecutable.

Agree with you Pete. I would not be surprised that the indictment was sought by the DA as a means of squelching “undercover” investigative work aimed at Planned Parenthood and its practices.

Like I said in a reply above, I would like to know the DA’s personal politics.

Un-freeking-believable!** The mass murderers get off scott free, and the exposers get charged. This MUST get reversed.

And what’s this: “…misdemeanor count related to purchasing human organs…”

Uh, excuse me . . . . if they are charged with that, then that means PP is selling organs, right? What the hell!!! And I thought fetuses are not human according to the Left. This whole thing is****ED UP!!

I am sick to my stomach. This is what we get for letting Democrats take control of ANYTHING.

It looks like the Alliance Defending Freedom has been working some with the CMP, so they seem likely to be the ones who will defend Daleiden and the CMP people. I think they have the chops to make this abusive prosecution and PP’s civil lawsuit very uncomfortable for the Harris County DA and PP.

MDM, I’m no Texan, but I know Harris County includes Houston, whose former mayor tried to use the DA’s office to pursue several church pastors who dared raise concerns concerning her pet “Houston Equal Rights Ordinance”. Her attempt to use the DA’s office for political purposes was squashed, not by people in the DA’s office, but by national public outcry forcing her to back down. As for her pet ordinance, the TX Supreme Court forced her either to put it to a vote or rescind it; Houston’s voters repealed it, by 62% of the vote. So the Harris County DA’s office has allowed its authority to be misused for political purposes in the recent past. I doubt those leopards have changed their spots.

If Trump stepped in and used his money to defend these guys, he would become the god of the GOP.
I am going to tweet him relentlessly

Harris County…
Sheila Jackson Lee

That should explain it.

The people at the Center for Medical Progress did the right thing and I believe they will eventually be vindicated.

My thoughts exactly. It’s Harris County, I wouldn’t expect anything else.

And it just had to be Cactus Jack to bring up and champion this travesty.

I figured the ADF would be sinking their teeth into this one.

It takes a “special” person to champion for killing unborn babies an selling their parts.

I hear that the Harris County DA has a connection with PP.

The plot thickens.

Planned Parenthood Board Member Works in Office of D.A. Who Indicted David Daleiden | LifeNews.com