Police: 2 dead, as many as 17 shot at Fort Myers nightclub

FORT MYERS, Fla. – Two people are dead, according to the Fort Myers Police Department, and as many as 17 people were shot, according to Lt. Jim Mulligan of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, at a local nightclub, Club Blu located at 3580 Evans Avenue, early Monday morning.

A large number of deputies are at the nightclub, which was hosting a teen party.

The victims have not yet been identified by authorities.

Witnesses describe the scene as a “mad house.” There were reports of gunshots and people poured out of the nightclub, a witness said. One woman who lives two blocks from Club Blu said she heard about 30 gunshots from what she believes to have been multiple guns.

When she arrived, people were crying and screaming as others were being carried away in ambulances to Lee Memorial hospital.

“It was unbelievable,” she wrote via Facebook.

One man said a close friend was at the club at the time of the shooting.

“I called and couldn’t get a hold of them, I rushed to Blu scared when I arrived I got one of them and he said that the shooter took of and the cops where chasing him,” he wrote via Facebook.

Up to 17 people shot at Fort Myers nightclub | WTSP.com

(And This)

Witnesses: Multiple people shot near Fort Myers club

FORT MYERS, Fla. – - Several law enforcement units have responded to at least three locations in Fort Myers after reports of shots fired and witnesses report multiple people shot after someone started shooting outside of a club.

The first call came in just before 1 a.m. The first scene is near the Club Blu Bar and Grill near the intersection of Evans Ave. and Carrell Rd. The second location is near the intersection of Luckett Road and Ortiz Ave. A third incident occurred around 3 a.m. near the intersection of Marsh Ave. and Woodside Ave.

Major police presence at two locations in Fort Myers - Fox 4 Now WFTX Fort Myers/Cape Coral

That’s why I like living in the country on my own 90 acres. If there’s any shooting here, I will most likely be the one doing it.

I doubt this one was terrorism. I’ve been to the club, and they have a decent number of high profile drug dealers there on a nightly basis(even when they’re doing promos for white people, like this night). More likely some collateral damage from gang wars.