Political Matrix

Economic score: +8.71Social score: -10.00Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially far-leftist.

[quote=“Seravee, post:539, topic:18686”]
Really? Where did you think I stood on the political spectrum? I always leaned right on most issues. I am a true moderate. lol
[/quote]I would’ve expected more + on economics and more - on social.

[quote=“Bremen, post:541, topic:18686”]
Economic score: +8.71Social score: -10.00Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially far-leftist.
[/quote]Take that again, Bremen. Your economics score is far too low. Your statism is showing! :wink:

Hmmm…so’s mine, assuming I took the right one. I had to search for it. The original link didn’t work for me:

Economic score: +9.35
Social score: -8.26

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially far-leftist.

Extreme capitalists generally believe that the free market should be unregulated and laissez-faire in nature, with government either only intervening in extreme cases or never intervening at all. They also believe in significant reductions of government services. Many extreme capitalists believe that it is not the government’s responsibility to assure welfare for the poor, but rather that the poor should fend for themselves or receive welfare through some form of private charity.

Social far-leftists generally believe that the government has no business enforcing morality on most matters, instead favoring a government that intervenes only when absolutely necessary to avoid direct harm. Many social far-leftists also look negatively on the government’s past attitudes toward groups they view as persecuted, although some simply oppose government intervention on utilitarianist grounds.

A perfect economic score for a libertarian but I wonder what liberties you are trampling on socially? Just kidding

The critical issue box seems to skew scores by a lot.

Abortion. I doubt the test accepts a libertarian pro-life position regarding the issue.

But note that it does not ask whether we should outlaw murder, allowing non-anarchist libertarians a pass on their libertarianism with this one – but not with abortion. The principle regarding the position is still libertarian.

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:542, topic:18686”]
I would’ve expected more + on economics and more - on social. Take that again, Bremen. Your economics score is far too low. Your statism is showing! :wink:
[/quote]I think it was the one that asked if society is causing equality to be more important than merit. Since it was a non governmental issue I was neutral on it. I think the market will work it out but I would rather it be on merit. Maybe I should have put agree.But you are right I got to keep it tight!

I think so too.

[quote=“Bremen, post:546, topic:18686”]
I think it was the one that asked if society is causing equality to be more important than merit. Since it was a non governmental issue I was neutral on it. I think the market will work it out but I would rather it be on merit. Maybe I should have put agree.But you are right I got to keep it tight!
[/quote]Yeah, something messed me up on the econ side…can’t figure out what might have done that. Maybe a critical box.

What I really hate more and more about these box-shaped tests is that they always divide economic and social issues. They’re one and the same. The issues affecting one are the same as the other. If true, your justifications for denying one deny the other. These tests really should be on a straight-line spectrum, authoritarian vs. libertarian. The left-right, conservative-liberal, Republican-Democrat spectrum actually is the right idea, but it’s just a measure of package deals mixing authoritarianism with libertarianism on this issue and that, ending in constantly contradictory aggregate positions.

Immigration is the only question that counts as econ and social, so you’re pro immigration stance hurts your economic score.

Interesting

Catch this Benjamin Franklin quote thrown at me as justification for legislating against private property owners discriminating on the basis of X:

All properly indeed, except the savage’s temporary cabin, his bow, his matchcoat, and other little acquisitions absolutely necessary for his subsistence, seems to me to be the creature of public convention. Hence the public has the right of regulating descents, and all other conveyances of property, and even of limiting the quantity and uses of it. All the property that is necessary to a man for the conservation of the individual, and the propagation of the species, is his natural right, which none can justly deprive him of; but all property superfluous to such purposes is the property of the public, who by their laws have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it whenever the welfare of the public shall desire such disposition. He that does not like civil society on these terms, let him retire and live among the savages. He can have no right to the benefits of society, who will not pay his club towards the support of it.

Property: Benjamin Franklin to Robert Morris
One of the forefathers said it therefore it’s beyond criticism, I suppose. Not that it actually answers my objections. It merely asserts a conclusion and “wins” as argument from authority.

Economic Left/Right: 8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36

Social score: -9.83

Economic score: +3.15
Social score: -8.54

Economic score: +9.87
Social score: +4.43

My moderately strong support for gay marriage most likely made me drop so much on social issues.

EDIT: The Irony of my first time taking this test.

Your "Type"

New link everyone The Political Matrix

I find test propositions like that hard to answer.
I don’t know these entire issues inside out.

Economic score: +4.26
Social score: -4.17

Your score pegs you as economically moderately capitalist and socially moderately libertarian.

Moderate capitalists usually support free trade and low taxes, but take pragmatic stances according to what they believe will be best for business and workers.

Moderate social libertarians generally favor a hands-off approach to social legislation. They may believe that the government has no right to enforce morals, but may support certain controls on individual rights to avoid crime, drug use, or similar social ills.

Economic score: +7.1
Social score: -2.61

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially center-libertarian.

Social score: -9.13
Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially far-leftist.