Political Matrix

Now:

Economic score: -1.55
Social score: -4.7

onomic center-leftists typically support above average controls on free trade, raising or maintaining the current tax levels, but still support free trade.

Moderate social libertarians generally favor a hands-off approach to social legislation. They may believe that the government has no right to enforce morals, but may support certain controls on individual rights to avoid crime, drug use, or similar social ills.

You going the wrong way there, buddy!

[quote=“Rightwing_Nutjob, post:622, topic:18686”]
You going the wrong way there, buddy!
[/quote]That would imply that I’m capable of being wrong [ATTACH=CONFIG]2608[/ATTACH]

I just lost the game…

I just won the game.

I just won all the games:

…HOW!? How have you managed to win the game all these years!?

Oh crap…I just lost the game.

Economic score: +2.97
Social score: +5.57

Your score pegs you as economically center-capitalist and socially authoritarian.
I guess that fits me, kinda.

Economic score: +8.39
Social score: +4.87

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially moderately authoritarian.

The test is full of crap.

Economic score: +9.35
Social score: +4.09

Yikes. Slight shift towards the middle on both social and economic issues.

Economic score: +6.45
Social score: -1.91

Yer gettin’ better :slight_smile:

Your influence is corrosive. lol

And you’re just sharp. It’s natural you’ll gravitate toward being correct about things! :smiley:

Now in 2016:
Economic score: -0.9
Social score: -4.35

Your score pegs you as economically centrist and socially moderately libertarian.

Economic centrists generally support economic policy that they see as fit for specific situations, although they may have different views relating to taxes and regulation.

Moderate social libertarians generally favor a hands-off approach to social legislation. They may believe that the government has no right to enforce morals, but may support certain controls on individual rights to avoid crime, drug use, or similar social ills.

Or alternatively if I tick “Neutral” for all of the stuff I just don’t really care about(like abortion, gay marriage, libraries, and religious charities) I get:
Economic score: +0.26
Social score: -3.83

Economic score: +2.06
Social score: +3.83Note your scores and Login to your Atlas Account to Save your Scores

Your score pegs you as economically center-capitalist and socially moderately authoritarian.

Center-capitalists often support free trade and low taxes, but take pragmatic stances on economic issues, supporting what they see as the best balance between encouraging business and maintaining free trade.

Moderate social authoritarians typically support social controls meant to encourage moral behavior and an organized society, although they may have some moderate or libertarian positions.

The design of the Political Matrix is copyright © 2005 L. Longl

Economic score: +8.00

Social score: +1.57

Your score pegs you as economically** extremely capitalist and socially center-authoritarian.**

Extreme capitalists generally believe that the free market should be unregulated and laissez-faire in nature, with government either only intervening in extreme cases or never intervening at all. They also believe in significant reductions of government services. Many extreme capitalists believe that it is not the government’s responsibility to assure welfare for the poor, but rather that the poor should fend for themselves or receive welfare through some form of private charity.

Social center-authoritarians generally have moderate social views, with a slight lean toward government intervention. They may have moderate cultural and religious views, but on the whole believe that the government should assure that society should stay moral.

> Economic score: +8.00
> Social score: +2.09Note your scores and Login to your Atlas Account to Save your Scores

> Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially center-authoritarian.

> Extreme capitalists generally believe that the free market should be unregulated and laissez-faire in nature, with government either only intervening in extreme cases or never intervening at all. They also believe in significant reductions of government services. Many extreme capitalists believe that it is not the government’s responsibility to assure welfare for the poor, but rather that the poor should fend for themselves or receive welfare through some form of private charity.

> Social center-authoritarians generally have moderate social views, with a slight lean toward government intervention. They may have moderate cultural and religious views, but on the whole believe that the government should assure that society should stay moral.

I took it just to see how slanted it was, the authors of the test have clearly assigned Leftist assumptions/straw man reasoning as to the motives behind many of the answers.

No big surprise as these “tests” are all designed with a political motive but at least the economic questions provided legitimate answer options.

Your score pegs you as economically extremely capitalist and socially center-libertarian.

Extreme capitalists generally believe that the free market should be unregulated and laissez-faire in nature, with government either only intervening in extreme cases or never intervening at all. They also believe in significant reductions of government services. Many extreme capitalists believe that it is not the government’s responsibility to assure welfare for the poor, but rather that the poor should fend for themselves or receive welfare through some form of private charity.

Social center-libertarians generally have moderate social views, with a slight lean toward avoiding government intervention. However, they support government intervention in matters that they see as threats to society.

As it classified me as an “extreme capitalist” which I am allow me to address your points

Extreme capitalists generally believe:

“free market should be unregulated and laissez-faire in nature, with government either only intervening in extreme cases or never intervening at all”

Govt plays a key and CRUCIAL role in the regulation of a free market and that role is to keep it a free market. Lets look at what has occurred over the past 10 years as we have lost our free market. The number 1 the govt must do is to insure that no company ever gets “to big to fail”. The far left economists got to Bush near the end of his term and the open the door for govt intervention by bailing out companies such as GM and various financial houses such as FannieMae. All of these should have been allowed to fail, that said they should NEVER have been allowed to get that big to begin with, ask Teddy “Trust Buster” Roosevelt. Historically the Govt has broken up companies due to they becoming to large to fail. AT&T/Ma Bell, SouthWestern Bell etc. In a free market that is driven by supply and demand when a vacuum is created the market will rush to fill it. Let GM go down the tubes and the market will rush to fill the vacuum. When the govt bails out a company it dirties the laundry, bankruptcy is the washing machine of capitalism.

“extreme capitalists believe that it is not the government’s responsibility to assure welfare for the poor, but rather that the poor should fend for themselves or receive welfare through some form of private charity”

Correct. In spite of TRILLIONS spent on govt services for the poor in order to uplift them the results have been near zero and we have more and more every year. Historically America has taken care of its own by its own. Welfare first arrived in this country at the govt level in 1846 in NYC. But mostly across the US we find people and churches helping out those who have suffered a setback. When the govt steps in this only isolates them and they don’t the help at the level they truly need. I would shut down all services, the cost to the govt (taxpayer)in overhead (staffing etc) is staggering. The best welfare is one that gives a helping hand. For those able to work we can do this thru taxes. Provide govt matching dollars. You work and the govt will match dollar for dollar what you made up to average wage for your family size. You don’t need tens of thousands of welfare workers to do this.

What if instead of bailing out the companies that were about to fail at a cost of over $1 Trillion, how about if the govt had stopped collecting taxes on workers for an amount of time that equaled $1Trillion dollars. Of all the TRILLIONS we have spent over the past 10 years, how much has benefited YOU??? Those who benefited were the high end of the business world, like Goldman Sachs and others who have revolving doors into and out of the Federal Govt, they benefitted, but I did not and I dare say that most did not, instead we, the middle class are the ones who PAID for it. The govt has no money to give unless it takes it from someone and they took it from us. They will do this until they reach the Govt goal of no middle class, just the masses who they can now control, the elites of the business world (who move in and out of the upper tiers of govt) and the politicos.