Pope Francis on Abortion (as Cardinal)

Exactly CT, in fact the bible itself tells us not to depend on our feelings as a measurement of our faith, as feelings can be manipulated by the evil one. This applies also to Gods justice which is also not indicative of our human feelings at the moment. As you stated Gods justice is perfect justice, independent of human feelings . gods ways aren’t our ways.

Can you give me a scripture reference? That one is an issue for me sometimes.

This is something I have struggled with all my life. Verse 7 doesn’t say “feelings,” it says “sight”, but faith is not feelings either.

(2 Corinthians 5:1) For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

(2 Corinthians 5:2) For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

(2 Corinthians 5:3) If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

(2 Corinthians 5:4) For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

(2 Corinthians 5:5) Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

(2 Corinthians 5:6) Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

(2 Corinthians 5:7) (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

(2 Corinthians 5:8) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

(2 Corinthians 5:9) Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

(2 Corinthians 5:10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

(2 Corinthians 5:11) Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

(2 Corinthians 5:12) For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

(2 Corinthians 5:13) For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

(2 Corinthians 5:14) For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

(2 Corinthians 5:15) And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

(2 Corinthians 5:16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

(2 Corinthians 5:17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

(2 Corinthians 5:18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

(2 Corinthians 5:19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

(2 Corinthians 5:20) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

(2 Corinthians 5:21) For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The one verse that put me on the right track for faith is John 6:37 “…him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”

Hey fantasy, don’t think your alone in this my friend, I also go through this at times too.

Here are a few good links that I think will help you.
His Robe or Mine

This link has a very good example of why faith isn’t about feelimgs and uses 1 John 1 3:20-21 as biblical prof that faith isn’t about feelings
Feelings vs. Faith | Tracy Hurst

I will never forget the day that I found 1 John 3:20-21 in my Bible. This scripture became my daily meditation and after researching the word “heart” in the Strong’s Concordance, I found that the word “heart” in our scripture today means “emotions and thoughts.” So, let’s read the verse again, but this time I will replace the word “heart” with it’s Greek meaning, “emotions and thoughts:

“For if our emotions and thoughts condemn us, God is greater than our emotions and thoughts and knows all things."

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Fantasy Chaser, here is another beautifull example that shows that our faith needn’t be perfect, Gid will except faith the size of a mustard seed and do great things through it.

Help Thou Mine Unbelief — By David J. Stewart

“”" Question: How much faith do you need to be saved? How much do you need to believe to get your prayers answered? In Mark chapter nine, a man’s son was possessed, afflicted by a demon. The father had brought his son to Jesus’ disciples but they could not heal him. Then Jesus came and the father told of his son’s pain and suffering. The young man would jump into burning fires, gnash his teeth, foam at the mouth, try to commit suicide, etc. The father asked Jesus if anything could be done and this was Jesus wonderful reply… “If thou canst believe, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE TO HIM THAT BELIEVETH” (Mark 9:23).

What a wonderful thing to hear! The father begins to cry. Could this stranger from Nazareth make my son well again? After years of watching his son live in torment, could there be any hope? Jesus is about to heal the boy. What a wonderful Savior! If we simply believe, ALL things are possible. Do you believe?

But we still haven’t answered our question: How much do we have to believe to see results from God? Let’s hear the father’s response to Jesus Words… “And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I BELIEVE; HELP THOU MINE UNBELIEF” (Mark 9:24). Notice the father’s interesting statement… “help thou mine unbelief.”

The fact that the father asked Jesus to help his unbelief, shows that the father wasn’t sure how much faith he had. Did he have enough faith? Evidently the father feared he might not have enough faith to help his son. In desperation he casts any doubts he may have upon Jesus and begs for mercy. Why did Jesus grant this man’s request? Did not the father say he had unbelief?

There’s two little magic words which the father said to Jesus… I Believe! You see, it doesn’t matter how much doubt you may have—Just as long as you believe. Isn’t that a wonderful Saviour! It didn’t matter how much doubt the father had as long as he “believed” that Jesus was able to heal the young man. Amen!

The disciples were trying to heal the boy in their own power, not the Lord’s. This is why Jesus rebuked them for their lack of faith. Our faith must be in Jesus Christ, nothing else. This broken-hearted father had just enough faith to say “I believe.” But that’s all Jesus needed to hear to heal the afflicted son. Notice that Jesus did NOT say “all things are possible to him that believeth MUCH.” No, Jesus simply requires us to believe! No amount of doubt can prevent our salvation or hinder answers to prayers if we just believe on Jesus. Do you recognize the power of Christ?

The disciples were powerless to heal the young man. The father was frustrated. Jesus said, “O FAITHLESS generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me” (Mark 9:19). What is so amazing to me is that the father had more faith than the disciples did. This is really interesting. You’d think that the disciples would have demonstrated great faith from being around Jesus so much, but they were powerless. How could this be? The father said to Jesus, “help thou mine unbelief.” He admitted his existing doubts.

The disciples were respected and recognized by the crowds as men of faith. The disciples would never have admitted to such unbelief publicly. The father did say he had just a little faith, but IT WAS FAITH! That’s all that mattered. This was the great difference. The father had faith, the disciples didn’t. What an interesting passage of Scripture! Notice that Jesus did NOT rebuke His disciples for having “little faith.” Jesus rebuked His disciples for being “FAITHLESS.” They had NO faith in the matter! They were trying to heal the sick boy in their own strength. The bottom line is you either have faith in Christ or you don’t.

There is only one reference in the New Testament about “increased faith” and it was the disciples who made reference to it… “And the apostles said unto the Lord, INCREASE OUR FAITH. And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you” (Luke 17:5,6). Jesus never taught degrees of faith. On the contrary, Jesus taught that you either had faith or you didn’t. Jesus taught that faith as a grain of mustard seed was more than sufficient to accomplish all that we might need or expect from God. It is fascinating to learn that the mustard seed is a tiny seed that produces one of the largest plants in the world. The black mustard plant in Israel grows to be over 12 feet tall. Jesus purposely chose to use the mustard seed as an illustration because of this very fact. Faith, no matter how small, will open the windows of Heaven and call forth the grace of God. “”""

Amen Susanne, The Lord didn’t say come to me in absolute rock solid faith, he simply said “come to me” even with your feelings, your doubts and your burdens. He will eventually take care of the rest and raise your faith to levels that you never thought possible.

This is a testament to how much he loves us :slight_smile:

“Lord, I BELIEVE; HELP THOU MINE UNBELIEF” - this has been one of my “staple” prayers!

[quote=“Susanna, post:27, topic:38660”]
“Lord, I BELIEVE; HELP THOU MINE UNBELIEF” - this has been one of my “staple” prayers!
[/quote]Amen Susanna your not the only one :)It just testifies to how merciful and compassionate our Lord is.There is nothing I want more then to spend eternity with him. :slight_smile:

Proverbs 14:12-13
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death. Even in laughter the heart may ache, and the end of joy may be grief.

Proverbs 28:26
Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.

Jeremiah 17:9
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately corrupt; who can understand it? "

Jeremiah 10:23
23 O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

So, your “feelings” and your “thoughts” are not the wisdom of God. Only His wisdom will deliver us. Those who rely on their “feelings” could be deceived by Satan, to embrace that which God has directed you to avoid.
Just as God uses bad people to do Good Works, Satan uses good people, to deceive you. Never trust what you hear, or feel. Trust the Scriptures. They will never fail you.

Amen Tiny :slight_smile:

[quote=“wallstreeter43, post:30, topic:38660”]
Amen Tiny :slight_smile:
[/quote]Thanx. God bless you

Your very welcome my brother in Christ
God bless u and its as well :slight_smile: