Possible Scandal Number 4 Just Announced

I just heard on FOX (Neal Cavuto) that the IRS might have illegally acquired the medical files of 10 million Americans. Given the way medical records/files are kept - with the exception of Medicare patients - it is not clear to me how this would happen, at least not until Obamacare is up and stumbling around (I would have said up and running, but there ain’t no way this turd can run!!). Have any of you heard about this - I’ve heard nothing else about it, so I have no detail.

The scandals just keep stacking up.

Lots of people claim medical expenses as tax deductions. This last year was the first year that I passed the threshold for that deduction. My wife had surgery and chemotherapy. I will do so again this year because of her chemo. However, you are only required to keep the payment receipts with your return. You are not required to tell them the specifics of the treatment.

Y’all know how prone I am to go to a doc. But I thought I had a planter’s wort on my foot. (Turned out to be nothing but a corn.)
Thing is, I said, "I’m not entirely comfortable giving you my SS#, but I will, just not to cause unnecessary friction here, and give you the idea I’m in need of a tin foil hat."
Almost immediately, the receptionist, the nurse, and then later, the doctor, all agreed why, and informed me that the questionaire - i.e., “What is your mother’s medical history”, is ALL due to Obamacare, and encouraged me not to fill out anything I didn’t want ‘the whole world to know about.’

Take it from there.

A lawsuit filed in California accuses the Internal Revenue Service of illegal seizure of 60 million electronic health care records belonging to 10 million Americans.

Lawsuit Says IRS Illegally Seized 60 Million Health Records - Nextgov.com

Scandal number 4 is actually HHS Secretary Sebelius asking for private funding and donations to fund parts of Obamacare, which is against the law, because all federal government legislation and programs have to go through congress to ask for funding. Big thanks to Newt Gingrich for mentioning this publicly and giving it some legs. Here’s Newt Gingrich on the 4 scandals and below is an article on this specific one. Enjoy! They are must reads

Four Scandals | Gingrich Productions

Sebelius’ shakedown is “Scandal #4” only in the context of 2012-2013. Prior to that were junk like Fast and Furious, Solyndra-style crony-subsidies and the politically targeted closings of GM dealerships.

Anyway, from the article blessed linked:

Lawsuit Says IRS Illegally Seized 60 Million Health Records
By Bob Brewin

May 15, 2013

The suit filed in the Superior Court of San Diego by Robert Barnes, a Malibu lawyer representing a corporate client named John Doe Co., charged that IRS agents raided the company on March 11, 2011, in a tax case and seized the medical records.

Barnes alleged in the suit – which was filed March 11, 2013, and surfaced Wednesday – that the “medical records contained intimate and private information of more than 10,000,000 Americans, information that by its nature includes information about treatment for any kind of medical concern, including psychological counseling, gynecological counseling, sexual or drug treatment, and a wide range of medical matters covering the most intimate and private of concerns.”

The suit said the 15 IRS agents involved in the raid did not have a search warrant or subpoena for the medical records …

The suit makes it clear that the seized medical records were in an electronic format. "Despite knowing that these medical records were not within the scope of the warrant, defendants threatened to ‘rip’ the servers containing the medical data out of the building if IT [information technology] personnel would not voluntarily hand them over,” Barnes alleged.

Even though the agents knew that the records they were seizing were not included within the scope of the search warrant, they “searched and seized the records without making any attempt to segregate the files from those that could possibly be related to the search warrant. In fact, no effort was made at all to even try maintaining the illusion of legitimacy and legality,” Barnes said in his suit.

Barnes said executives of the company and IT personnel warned the IRS agents that the medical records were “privileged” under HIPAA. He said the IRS agents “ignored and discarded each of these warnings, ignored their own published and public-reliant rules and governing ethical requirements, and ignored the limitations of the court’s search warrant authorization, seizing the records under threat of destroying company property."

As the article points out, the John Doe, Inc. plaintiff is not under investigation, but rather a former employee. Sounds like the plaintiff company is either an insurance company, a claims processing company, or some sort of large medical lab or medical services company. The person who was being investigated is not identified in the article, so whether it was political or just tax fraud isn’t known.

The story in this - actually two stories - is the high-handed trampling of the law by the IRS and the IRS having detailed medical information on several millions of Americans. Anyone seriously trusting the IRS with that? And aren’t you just overjoyed that the IRS will be overseeing/administering ObamaCare?

I’m not sure Americans are paying attention to any of the scandals, though they should be.

Don’t get your hopes up. Their biggest concerns are what to bring to the picnic, if Bob’s ex is really going to bring her new boyfriend, and what type of purse Miley Sirus (sp) is carrying these days.

Like I’ve said elsewhere…

They don’t know who Ben is, other than some guy who has it out for Obama; the IRS is some evil entity, unless they’re going after the more evil ‘rich’ people; Fast and Furious is a movie; and FOX news - something they’ve never watched in their entire lives - musta had it coming to them 'cuz they heard just how stinking biased they are from somebody whose in a position to know these things.

People will start caring when one of these scandals get’s linked to the White House. The IRS one is headed there.

The scandals have already hit the White House. Who do you think Holder works for, the Secretary of State, the IRS… You?
(I’m thinking it’s safe to assume that you don’t kid yourself.)

People will start caring when it hits THEIR pocketbook.
The low-information crowd doesn’t quite yet see the connection between the IRS and Obamacare.
THAT is when the jib’ll be up, if then.

The rest of it matters not to them.

The unions are starting to scream because Obamacare is starting to hit their pocketbook. I guess they thought they were exempt.

It’s going to have to be more clear than that. I’m talking about a direct link to the President. Most Americans don’t realize that Ag Holder basically does what the president wants. It’s sad, but that’s the society we live in at the current moment.

3-4 scandals 1 administration. Hmmm! I wished this would have been revealed more clearly before the election.

I’m thinking that wouldn’t have made a lot of difference.

How could anyone vote for Obama?

Not to argue a fine point, but just to point out - As you know, the president chooses and AG who views the law(s) in the same light as he. In that respect, the AG is basically supposed to do the President’s bidding. The AG would be fired in a heartbeat if he didn’t. Even though he must be approved by the Senate, he is at the President’s disposal - or mercy, depending on which way you want to look at it.

That said, now arises the point you are making - when the President abuses his power of office by having, (or allowing), his AG to abuse HIS power of office; the former being more egregious than the latter, but egregious, nonetheless.

Bottom line is, much as it pains me to say this, there never will be a direct link to the President. He’ll throw Holder under the bus before he takes any responsibility, and the fawning media will tell anybody who might be listening what to think.

Hey, I wish as much as you that it’d come to light, and the connection made, but have you notice how quickly the AP story disappeared?

As much as we agree, you don’t think that didn’t happen for no reason, do you?

Good question! How could anyone vote for him in the first place. Although, I do realize that a lot of ballot boxes were “stuffed,” and he may not have even won either election legally. Especially when you see how the Black Panthers were given a pass for intimidating voters.

Oh! I do not think it was a coincident.