Post your Pic

I think they must be from another planet…

I think it has been established that they are from Atlantis, but they travel freely in outer space.

Nope. Like Mom said, they’re indigenous; they just get around…

Well J, it looks like it might be time to say goodby.

I will put a copy of a PM I sent to some of the old timers here for you:

Start quote.

I thought I would drop this PM to some of you old timers here at RO since I myself have been here since April of 2009. The subject of the PM is a serious health condition that has arisen all of a sudden within the last 7 days. It seems that I have some very serious heart problems that have come upon me. At my age this is not unusual, in fact at my age its unusual that I have lived this long with no major health problems and I am very thankful to the Sovereign God for that blessing. I have never told my age on the web because I don’t like to give out detailed private information on the Internet. When asked about my age I have always joked and replied that I fought with Wellington at Waterloo and before that with Lee at Gettysburg. Of course at this point I do not think it matters much. I am 89 years old and if I make it to the end of June I will be 90. I have had an amazing life and a very good life of which I am most thankful. I have every reason to believe (based on what my doctors say) that I will not make it to 90, at least not in this life — “I give unto them eternal life and they shall never perish” said the Lord Christ regarding His sheep and I am one of His sheep and so I totally trust in that and believe what the Lord Christ said. I have zero fears of General Time and his favorite battlefield commander General Death. (“Death where is thy sting, grave where is thy victory.” ) I will be heavily involved with doctors from this point forward and if I do not return to RO you will know that I am with the Lord Christ.

I will send a copy of this PM to John Galt, Zedd, BobJam, RET, Susanna, FC, Tiny, and RWNJ.
End quote.

If I don’t see you again, take care and stay with Luther and Calvin :smile:

God Bless.

Jack Hectorman

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

PS
Somebody please shoot Mr. Anderson (aka as Neo) a link to this post
just in case he does not see it here in this “Post Your Pic” tread.

:diamonds:

PSS
I know I missed mentioning some of the old timers. Sorry I didn’t think of 2cent and NJC,
Pete S, and Devilneck. There are probably some more I missed. My mind is not all that sharp
at the moment.

`

Dear God, precious friend, Please stay with us on the board as long as you are able, and place this on the prayer thread. You mean so much to so many here, I for one value your insight and wisdom.

:yeahthat: Ditto from me, Jack! They keep telling me that you’re only as old as you feel. If that were true, I’d have died 10 years ago!

Jack, I’m not on your PM list, hope you don’t mind if I respond to your posting. I am devastated even though I know if you leave us, you do indeed go to a good place. May God be with you in weeks ahead. On the forum we are praying for a reprieve–with God, all things are possible. No one could be more prepared than you for the final journey. It just seems too soon.

Your humor and joie de vivre, combined with your sharp intellect, are irreplaceable. How many good laughs you have given us! How much food for thought! (How many intros to good music!)

Had no idea you were approaching 90. You never talked about health issues… while some of us (esp. me) whine all the time! bless you.

Jack, if/when you come back to us… dancing in the streets! In the meantime, God bless you and keep you in the palm of His hand.

Dearest Jack: I can’t imagine this forum without you, my brother in Christ. Please know that this ol’ Catholic will be praying every day for you. Please, please do not leave us. Keep us updated, if nothing else. Know that Our Blessed Lord will send you whatever you need. Always faith in Him above all!

YIKES!!!

This is indeed bad news.

Haven’t got my arms around it completely yet, and Jack may not read this . . . but if he does, know that my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Geeezzzz, this is something that I’m going to have to chew on for some time to come.

Jack has been a “confidant” of mine for quite a while now. This is . . . I don’t know what it IS yet except . . . BAD!

It’s bad for me, but Jack is dealing with this with grace and good cheer . . . which is what I would expect anyway.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with him.

I don’t know if you’ll be coming around to read this [MENTION=8351]Jack Hectormann[/MENTION], but I thought about you when I was playing these two hymns this morning:

**Where They Need No Sun **by Haldor Lillenas(1)

When my earthly day is waning and my mortal robes I fold,
With the dawning of eternity begun,
I shall enter gates of pearl to walk an streets of shining gold
In that city where they need no sun.

Chorus:
In that city where they need no sun,
When at last my earthly race is run,
I shall see my Saviour’s face,
Revel in His love and grace

O’er the fields of endless glory I shall wander with delight,
For with sadness and with pain I will be done.
No more sorrow, no more sickness in that home so pure and bright,

(Chorus)

With the countless blood-washed millions I shall sing beyond the skies
Praise to God and to the Lamb for sinners slain.
As the sound of many waters this triumphant song shall rise
And resounding throughout God’s domain.

(Chorus)

**Saved by Grace ** by Fanny Crosby(2)

Someday the silver cord will break
And I no more as now shall sing.
But, O the joy when I shall wake
Within the palace of the King!

Chorus:
And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story saved by grace.
And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story saved by grace.

Someday my earthly house will fall;
I cannot tell how soon ‘twill be.
But this I know— my All in All
Has now a place in Heaven for me.

(Chorus)

Someday, when fades the golden sun
Beneath the rosy-tinted west,
My blessed Lord will say, “Well done!”
And I shall enter into rest.

(Chorus)

Someday ― till then I’ll watch and wait.
My lamp all trimmed and burning bright,
That when my Saviour opes the gate,
My soul to Him may take its flight.

(Chorus)

My Saviour First of All by Fanny Crosby(2)

When my lifework is ended and I cross the swelling tide,
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see,
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first to welcome me.

Chorus:
I shall know Him; I shall know Him,
And redeemed by His side I shall stand.
I shall know Him; I shall know Him,
By the prints of the nails in His hand.

O the soul-thrilling rapture when I view His blessed face,
And the luster of His kindly beaming eye!
How my full heart will praise Him for the mercy, love, and grace
That prepare for me a mansion in the sky.

(Chorus)

O the dear ones in glory ― how they beckon me to come,
And our parting at the river I recall!
To the sweet vales of Eden they will sing my welcome homel;
But I long to meet my Saviour first of all.

(Chorus)

Through the gates to the city in a robe of spotless white,
He will lead me where no tears will ever fall.
In the glad song of ages I shall mingle with delight;
But I long to meet my Saviour first of all.

(Chorus)

The one immediately above is what I want sung at my funeral.

1. Haldor Lillenas came to the US from Norway as a 2-year-old child. He did not speak English until he started school at the age of 6. He grew up in a Christian home. He joined the church (Lutheran) at the age of 15, but he didn’t actually find the Lord until the year he turned 21. He and his wife, Bertha Mae, both, became ministers of the gospel. Later, he abandoned the preaching ministry to make music his full time work. He founded a publishing house for Christian music. Later, he sold the publishing company, which still kept (and still keeps) the name “Lillenas Publishing Company,” to the Church of the Nazarene, and he continued as its manager until he retired. He wrote around 4000 hymns, and a few secular songs. He is probably best known for the hymn “Wonderful Grace of Jesus.” Lillenas died in 1959, at the age of 74.

2. Fanny (Frances Jane) Crosby was blind from infancy (possibly from birth, although a doctor, who treated her eyes at 6 weeks, has been saddled with the blame for her blindness). She started writing poetry at a very young age. Some of her early writing was secular, but after she was out of her teens, she wrote nothing but sacred music. She was married, and had one child, who died in infancy. It is thought that her hymn “Safe in the Arms of Jesus” was written upon the death of the child. Fanny lived to be 95, and wrote about 10,000 hymns. Some of her well-known hymns are “Blessed Assurance” and “He Hideth My Soul.”

Jack, I wish you well on your journey. May God bless you and your family.

• Kurt

Well, Jack - I want to thank you. Thank you for so many wonderful, interesting, insightful and very often brilliant posts. You are without any doubt the most thoughtful poster on this site. I absolutely mean that. I want to thank you for honoring those of us who frequent this site by sharing news of such a personal nature.

I know better than most there are times when medicine can offer longevity and relative health heretofore unimagined. I also know that sometimes it cannot. May you be granted the opportunity to continue providing us with your wisdom and insight for a long time to come.

Michael

Wow, Jack! Just found this series of posts. Not sure if you’ll see this, but take care of yourself for the sake of your family and what God has for you in the coming weeks, months, and maybe even years! Seeing our Lord face to face and being with Him eternally will be well worth whatever getting and being there entails. I pray God’s blessings for you and your family.

:yeahthat: Mega-dittos from me, too, Jack.

Dave

Jack. I am so distressed to hear this. God Bless you, you dear sweet man.

I am sorry to hear this, Jack, but it is awesome your salvation is secure. I will be praying for you and your family.

Open query; to the Board administrators; is there any way of checking up on or checking in with Jack? one can feel so helpless just waiting for the inevitable, without being able to offer moral and Spiritual support.

For friends of Jack who are interested

Republican Operative / My Friend Jack

Jack is 89? My jaw dropped when I read that. I had him pegged as someone in his 40s or 50s.

He has the wit and mental capacity of a bright young mind-not to mention the internet and social skills of a much younger person. I just gained that much more respect for him.

I never thought he was 89, but I thought him older than 40’s or 50’s - like maybe mid-to-late 70’s.

Edit: I’ve always thought of Jack as having a “mature” mind, rather than a “young” one.