Pot Prizes May Have Lured More Eagle Rock Residents To Vote

Fliers offering $40 worth of free medical-grade marijuana were reportedly passed out in Eagle Rock to try and draw residents to vote in the local election.Was the free pot an incentive to get a larger turnout? Politics ranked “high” on resident’s list of priorities. Nearly 10 times as many voters – 792 residents – turned out to the polls during the recent Neighborhood Council elections than last year.
“It’s a little weird that people can’t come out and vote on their own. I see that as a problem, as a social symptom,” Eagle Rock resident Joerael Elliott said.
Many residents told CBS2′s Juan Fernandez they didn’t think enticing voters with perks was right.
“You can’t pay your way like that, that’s not cool,” resident Danielle Sargent said.
No one is claiming responsibility for the flier.

Pot Prizes May Have Lured More Eagle Rock Residents To Vote « CBS Los Angeles

Things like this should never happen but the reality is politicans have done other things in the past to try to win elections.

In another thread it was mentioned about the practice of having people bussed from one place to another and said to say they were this person or that. In fact the new TV show Copper had an episode which was part of the show showing how they used to do this in the past.

Watch Better Times are Coming | XFINITY TV

I thought you had to have a card or something from a doctor to obtain medical marijuana? How is it legal to simply pass out “medical marijuana”?
This seams surreal to me…

[quote=“KS_American, post:2, topic:36683”]
I thought you had to have a card or something from a doctor to obtain medical marijuana? How is it legal to simply pass out “medical marijuana”?
This seams surreal to me…
[/quote]I do not know but from what I hav read it seems a wink and a nod gets you maryjane any more.

I am sure there are valid reasons for getting a card such as your favorite TV show has been cancelled or your favorite tree has been cut down–who knows