Powdered Alcohol

Not sure what I think of this. I admire the ingenuity it took to develop, I really do! But, I see down sides as well. You can’t help stupid, and I don’t want the fed’s trying to, someone out there is going snort this stuff and fry something in their head.

Powdered Alcohol Gets U.S. Government Approval Friday, April 18, 2014, by Erin DeJesus

Excellent news for those who hate alcohol in its natural, liquid form: Industry blog BevLaw reports the U.S. Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau has given the go-ahead to Palcohol, a patent-pending powered alcohol brand that offers seven varieties of powered spirits. The product comes in rum and vodka form, as well as in** mixed drink flavors** like Cosmopolitan, Lemon Drop, and Kamikaze (in which powdered spirits are packaged with “natural flavors” for a just-add-water instant cocktail). On a cached version of its official website, Palcohol founders offer several “possibilities” for its product: Bring the discrete Palcohol packets into venues that usually overcharge for booze (like concerts, cruise ships, and sporting events), and simply add water to make a “real” cocktail.

1 Like

Pairs well with:

I think once you have to find new ways to sneak alcohol into your body it’s time to take a break.

It’s a neat idea, from a production standpoint, but I’m sure it tastes like a hatecrime.

And everyone knows that the best way to sneak alcohol into venues is filling bottled water bottles with vodka :stuck_out_tongue:

How in the world can they possibly do it? Seems to me, any dehydration process would destroy the alcohol itself.

This is so stupid on so many levels, that I can’t quite believe it. Really. Is it a joke?
NOPE! I went to the further link. It’s actually true. Stunned and amazed am I.

This, from the link in the OP is what made me think it was a joke:

There are also unlimited opportunities for garnishing food with Palcohol: “Some of our favorites are the Kamikaze in guacamole, Rum on a BBQ sandwich, Cosmo on a salad and Vodka on eggs in the morning to start your day off right.” The website also acknowledges that snorting Palcohol is a possibility, but encourages users to not “do anything stupid with it.”

I honestly thought the author was using a bit of dry humor there, but no, Palcohol’s website actually does state that.

And frankly, I was quite floored that they don’t mind encouraging stealing as a publicity tool to sell their product.
From Perkins OP quote above:

Bring the discrete Palcohol packets into venues that usually overcharge for booze (like concerts, cruise ships, and sporting events), and simply add water to make a “real” cocktail.

As the link at the end of the OP states,

Also, the Palcohol company had better get some really, really good liability insurance.

This nonsense gets the “pass”, while marijuana is prohibited?
Like Perkins, I’m not in favor of the Feds sticking their noses in, but seeing as they do, it flies in the face any kind of common sense to okay this, yet ban marijuana.

Also, it only took four years to get a patent when pharmaceutical companies wait how many years?

Somebody’s got some awfully deep pockets.

1 Like

No. Just no, this is an insult to real alcoholic drinks everywhere…it’s worse than boxing wine.

[quote=“Robert_Clay, post:5, topic:43326”]
No. Just no, this is an insult to real alcoholic drinks everywhere…it’s worse than boxing wine.
[/quote]Geeeeezzz, Robert. You sound like a conservative.

2 Likes

Only when it comes to alcohol! I happen to like a good, quality glass of bottled wine.